Sign in to follow this  
Yamuliss

End GMs and CM from using there Staff Forum Accounts to conduct forum activity outside of Code Club Business and Rule Regulations.

I have seen for to long GMs and Staff using there Forum Accounts to interfere with peoples posts. They have a concern as a player they should be addressing it as a player and it should be on a separate forum account identifying them as a player and not staff. They should not be able to tie there staff title to there forum account and then use that title as means to direct influence one way or another into a topic on the forum. They are Moderators and GMs staff people. They should be Neutral in issues regarding forum topics and forum business only when its violated a rule should they come fourth and comment on there staff forum account about a  said violation. I also suggest they restrict staff from using there forum accounts to conduct business on the forum from an in-game stance. Again they should have a separate forum account that doesn't identify them as a staff member when posting items up for-sale on the forum or conducting business on the forum. The titles that are illustrated on these accounts suggest a sense of power and influence and might scare other players into not being able to fully express themselves in dealings and topics.I feel its exploiting the player base and needs to some how be changed so its fair for all.

Edited by Yamuliss
  • Like 4

all staff are players just like the rest of us, and my view would be to let them sell or buy like anyone else on the forums with people knowing who they are.

• Like 3

useless topic nothing will change with seperate forum accounts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shakys said:

all staff are players just like the rest of us, and my view would be to let them sell or buy like anyone else on the forums with people knowing who they are.

Yes a players not as staff the two should be separated.

1 minute ago, Balthier said:

useless topic nothing will change with seperate forum accounts

Nothing will change if no one ever makes a move to suggest the change!

They might as well play WU they would have more freedoms thats for sure. But again i feel it was the plan all along. As to the staff, i might add anyone playing Wurm Unlimited as a GM or Server owner should think real hard about having two separate accounts one as a player one as a GM. Because as ive outlined in other posts it's an unfair advantage,  It's never to late to change it. It should be changed especially now to make the markets a tad bit more stable and fair and get rid of the special interest groups especially concerning PVP where ill touch another sensitives nerve. Where in the past favoritism to one kingdom or another by staff has been a problem. You PVP players know what im saying!

i don't think it would make a lot of difference.

most players want to be able to identify staff members for various reasons.

• Like 3

I fully agree with this initiative....even if at the beginning it won't do much, it is a step in the right direction.

Nice to see your forum account changed :) It did make a difference.

• Like 1

BTW Rolf your welcome for what ever increased sells you get for players switching to WU in the light of these discussions. 

Nah.  Transparency is good.  They should remain as is.  As long as they aren't abusing the rules themselves (because as players they must also follow them), then I don't see a problem.

You would know about abusing the rules now wouldn't you? How do you know it's completely  Transparent, have you played Wurm Unlimited yet. Do you know all of what they can do and not do as GMs and Chat Moderators? Do you personally know how Rolf has it set up for these folks? Are you an expert on this matter?

2 minutes ago, Yamuliss said:

You would know about abusing the rules now wouldn't you? How do you know it's completely  Transparent, have you played Wurm Unlimited yet. Do you know all of what they can do and not do as GMs and Chat Moderators? Do you personally know how Rolf has it set up for these folks? Are you an expert on this matter?

Do I need to be an expert to know that I personally prefer to know which players are posting as staff and which are posting as general population?  I don't need insight to be confident that I prefer knowing who is who.  That is transparency in my opinion.

Edited by Slickshot

6 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Do I need to be an expert to know that I personally prefer to know which players are posting as staff and which are posting as general population?  I don't need insight to know that I prefer knowing who is who.  That's just silly.

So because you don't need it everyone else should follow suit with slick shot and think like slick shot and do the same. Im sorry i thought the idea was to bring new players to wurm online and give them a fair shot at the game? How is it fair to the existing players including yourself who are not staff to sell there goods vs the staff who play as staff selling goods. Who more trusted you the player or a staff member? Who the preferred player choice to buy from and safer. 

If rolf was playing on the freedom servers as a crafter and selling goods and i as a new player read on the forum he was the owner of the game. Im sorry id buy from him every chance i got vs any of you knowing that i would have little to no problem getting my stuff. For if you couldnt trust him then who could you trust? Even as a established player id buy from him. Be cool to have an item made by him.  Heck id even buy from Enki be cool to have his stuff to. 

Edited by Yamuliss

3 minutes ago, Yamuliss said:

So because you don't need it everyone else should follow suit with slick shot and think like slick shot and do the same. Im sorry i thought the idea was to bring new players to wurm online and give them a fair shot at the game? How is it fair to the existing players including yourself who are not staff to sell there goods vs the staff who play as staff selling goods. Who more trusted you the player or a staff member? Who the preferred player choice to buy from and safer. 

You are really grasping for straws here man.  I shared the opinion that I believe things are good the way they are.  Most people that have commented in this thread have shared that same opinion, yet you choose to pick a fight with me?  What is your problem dude?  You were just preaching in another thread about the freedom of speech, but apparently that doesn't count for moderators or people you dislike.  If you truly don't care about a difference of opinion, as you've said over and over in another thread, then back off.  Let me share my simple opinion.  I wasn't harming anyone, or abusing anyone, or telling anyone they were stupid or childish.  I also didn't comment to you and start making up random lies to demean you and make you look bad.  So by all means, chillax man.  It's JUST a neutral opinion.

• Like 3

Personally I know quite a few people who don't use the forums since it usually goes toxic pretty quickly on here also.

• Like 1

Who you sell charabis to? Do you remember now? You are entitled to say  what you please on any topic including mine and i am entitled to disagree with you. i am entitled to plaster our bad business dealing within this game all over this forum perhaps as a separate post if i choose to do so but it's been a couple years and i am not going there. It has been and always shall be a right everyone reserves to do. Remember the Name and Shame policy or did that get taken down with the FUD issues of censorship? Your statement you say is Neutral  thats just fine by me,  my response is neutral take it as such or leave it i don't care which. My issues with you are personal. Please feel free to PM if you like to know how you wronged me and id be glad to explain for i forget nothing! You have grossly exaggerated the outcome of the topics  in my opinion. 

Don't try to slander me out in public and then ask me to take it to pm.  You want to lie about me that's fine, but be prepared to face the repercussions for it.

As far as our history goes I have 0 business dealings with you.  You've mistaken me for someone else.  I've only ever had 2 premium accounts and the one you named isn't one of them.  I still own both of my premium accounts, by the way.  So if you've been holding a long time grudge against me, I'm sorry to say that you've been wasting your time on the wrong guy.

Now that we have that cleared up, can you relax?  I don't see you picking a fight with anyone else here, so stop targeting me with this nonsense.  I'm not your foe, I'm just another player like anyone else.

Definitely +1.

Actually, I would suggest something more radical, but I am perfectly ok with what Yamuliss suggested. It makes sense and should be like that right from the beginning. I have a feeling some people don't read much, once they see a staff insignia they immediately click on "Like this".

Many staff already do this Yam, I can think of a few off the top of my head. Regardless it's a interesting suggestion to bring up, but I don't think it'll happen.

4 minutes ago, Niki said:

Many staff already do this Yam, I can think of a few off the top of my head. Regardless it's a interesting suggestion to bring up, but I don't think it'll happen.

Some staff already do this (and they do well), but others systematically don't. Yamuliss' idea is justified and should happen. But I feel you are right, it won't happen - probably for the exact same reasons it should happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patreus said:

But I feel you are right, it won't happen - probably for the exact same reasons it should happen.

QFT

I actually wouldn't mind if this became a thing also don't misunderstand, but just look at the rate of the suggestions sub-forum most never get fulfilled even really good ones.

But if staff have to hide their identity on the forums then you never know who is and who is not staff.   I could be staff just waiting for you to slip up and then "Wham Bam Forum Ban".  As for people being afraid of the staff titles that show up on staff accounts, you really have no reason to be afraid of them, unless you planned on calling someone a c*** and seeing that made you change your mind.  In that case, it's an argument in favour of keeping those titles.
On a side note, with your last couple rants, you are rather lucky I'm not staff, you would have a legit censorship argument to make then.  You would however be making it to yourself.

• Like 2