Sign in to follow this  
Malluvian

Exploring the new Xan

I've been exploring a bit of Xanadu on the east through my main account, and the south and west on alts. It's a bit fascinating to see all the abandoned ruins, with their impressive colossus statues standing watch over the empty plains, saying "Look at my works, ye mighty, and despair!"

13245-gate-of-argonath-lord-of-the-rings Amon%2BHen.jpg

That got me to thinking about what are the remaining outposts of civilization. Of course there are individuals off in random places all over the map enjoying their peace and quiet, but where are the main centers that still see people conglomerate?

So far I've noticed three areas with a decent population nearby (though not always in immediate Local), roughly centered around a respective starter town:

• Summerholt area
  • Glasshollow area
  • Lormere and surrounding peninsulas

What are some other areas that I might have missed with active pops? I've heard things about Esteron but haven't had a chance to visit down there yet. I'd like to add a few more places to my exploration list -- too bad there isn't skill gain for just sailing and horseback riding around the world.

• Like 2

The Esteron area has definitely been growing these last several months.

Here's our alliance markers for deeds. There are a few not on there since I last took that screen shot.

Spoiler

Esteronmap_zps3mltqyd7.png

If you happen to come to the area PM Beastwolf or myself, we're on a decent amount :)

• Like 2

well there is no place in wurm like glasshollow local  :D  

• Like 1

Im one of those ones off on my own, hidden up on my island in the north east, fighting trolls and just trying to survive.

• Like 1

Newspring island is fairly populated. You have to have a boat in order to leave :)

• Like 2

On 3/11/2016 at 1:38 PM, Cambriaa said:

The Esteron area has definitely been growing these last several months.

If you happen to come to the area PM Beastwolf or myself, we're on a decent amount :)

I will definitely check that area out at some point. Working on a project currently, but Esteron is my next vacation destination. ;)

On 3/12/2016 at 4:01 PM, Sila said:

well there is no place in wurm like glasshollow local  :D  

Oh yea, Glasshollow is definitely one of the more populated areas, no doubt about that. Although lately it seems your Local has spilled over into Forum :lol:

On 3/12/2016 at 4:53 PM, Bronwynn said:

Im one of those ones off on my own, hidden up on my island in the north east, fighting trolls and just trying to survive.

Nothing wrong with that! Sometimes I enjoy being off doing my own thing as well.

On 3/12/2016 at 5:04 PM, Kontakt said:

Newspring island is fairly populated. You have to have a boat in order to leave :)

Yea I almost mentioned Newspring when I said Lormere, since I feel like the peninsula area from Lormere to Newspring is all fairly populated. But good point about the island.

Edited by Malluvian
Formatting
  • Like 1

Island life is fun, so many mobs you training fighting passviyl faster than you do the skill you're trying to work on.

Edited by Bronwynn

A few of us are in p22/23 and have a market there (Rag and Bone market). So not far from the  Esteron area.