header.png

Hi Everyone

As we find ourselves in the middle of a development cycle, with long term works being planned, hammered, beaten into submission and tested, it can often be seen as pretty quiet on the news front. While there are big things coming, sharing them now would be hard to provide any realistic date of release, so this weeks news is a little light on actual content coming but is here to keep you informed of what is going on in and out of the game, I do look forward to being able to share some of these plans though, they have me really excited! On that note, lets get to it.

Patch notes:

Spoiler
March 11, 201
  • Fix for guard towers bugging out when capturing them in PvP.
March 10, 2016
  • Possible fix for summoned skeletons attacking each other.
  • Corrected gender pronouns during confessions.
  • Fixed a typo in merchant screen.
  • Removed ability to trade with merchants and traders while mounted due to an exploit – Trading with players is still possible.
March 7, 2016
  • Unfinished boat models can now be unloaded from ship transporters.
  • Equipment slots for creatures on Xanadu will now show correctly.

Kingdom roster!

A feature teased a while back is the kingdom roster, allowing pmk's to easily check who is in their kingdom, their last login, which villagethey belong to and if they're the mayor. The system also allows the awardng of titles and expelling of online players. We're looking at additional functionality but this may take some time to implement. Expect to see this go live within the next week!

Spoiler

roster.png

Patch Notes

You may have noticed this week there's been a few changes to the patch note format. This is because I have taken over the task, and will be the one writing them up. I hope to improve just how much information we put into these notes, as well as ensure that they are easy to understand and clear.

So you wanna be a Wiki Editor?

After a brief discussion today, it has been raised that some players aren't aware that they too can have an account for the wiki! Players may request editor accounts, which are able to update and modify wiki pages, or basic user accounts, which allow adding to the "player" "user" and "settlement" pages, allowing them to write their own history and that of their deed! Everyone can apply, PvE players and PvPers alike, all we ask is no history of bans and be in good standing with over 30 days playtime.

To sign up simply fill in this form here: http://goo.gl/forms/wlBUr6UONF

LFM changes

This week sadly sees Solmark stepping down from the Lead Forum Moderator position. Solmark has been a very deciated LFM and on behalf of all staff we thank him for his time in the position. Luckily this does not mean he is leaving the team, he will still be a Community Assistant on Release. We will be looking at replacing him within the next week or so.

Social media competition

Our Steam key giveaway has picked up... steam this week as it nears the final close date. If you want the chance to win one of five keys for Wurm Unlimited, make sure to sign up before the 14th!

Competition can be found here: http://wurmunlimited.hscampaigns.com/

Advertising and Wurm

There's been a few threads around regarding advertising and plans for marketing Wurm. I can confirm that we are in the early stages of improving that, and while it will take time, and will require several steps in order to truely pick up pace, but rest assured, big things are coming!

Weekly Question

Do you follow any streamers for Wurm? if so, who?

This weeks screenshot is from Rixk, and is a rather unique shaped bridge. I must admit bridges are one of my favourite things in wurm, despite only building four, I absolutely love seeing what everyone does with them!

screenshot.jpg

That's it for this week, expect to see me pop in and out of the game to chat with you all, and if anyone would like to have a chat on mumble or teamspeak, feel free to let me know!

Until then, Keep on grinding!

Retrograde and the Wurm team.

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The system also allows the awardng of titles and expelling of online players.

It's still just online only?

As of this moment yes, the way the server handles offline players means it will take a little more time to look at removing offline players

• Like 1

Speaking of bridges...appreciate you guys have a lot on your plate, but we'd love it if this thread could get some love!

10 minutes ago, Mirax said:

Speaking of bridges...appreciate you guys have a lot on your plate, but we'd love it if this thread could get some love!

It's something being looked at! But unfortunately does not seem to be a quick fix, so it may take some time to identify and iron out the issues

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It's something being looked at! But unfortunately does not seem to be a quick fix, so it may take some time to identify and iron out the issues

Ok thanks, honestly just to know it's being looked at is a huge positive for those of us who have spent tens of hours making big, beautiful bridges that no one can really use.

The roster certainly is an excellent addition to the increase in PMK control over the kingdoms. I feel that being able to kick offline/mayor players would make the whole PMK community extremely happy though.

Excellent work! :)

• Like 4

Thanks to Solmark for his hard work.  Longtime player and friend... always been level headed and fair with every dealing I've seen ingame.  Wish you the best of luck on Release!

Will all servers get own Community Assistants?

I'm happy to see the pmk roster a step closer to reality. If the ability to manage kingdom members esp when offline is achieved, this will give kingdoms a long desired and very needed feature in security management!  I've had to pleasure to work alongside Solmark for quite some time and have always had the highest respect for him as a person and moderator with a very level hand and heart.  May the wind always be at your back friend!

CECCI

CA_help is broken into old cluster and new cluster servers.

So when Solmark is on the new cluster he would be helping in the new cluster CA_help. If he took a trip to say Deli he would then be helping in the old clusters CA_Help. 

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Kingdom roster!

A feature teased a while back is the kingdom roster, allowing pmk's to easily check who is in their kingdom, their last login, which villagethey belong to and if they're the mayor. The system also allows the awardng of titles and expelling of online players. We're looking at additional functionality but this may take some time to implement. Expect to see this go live within the next week!

Reveal hidden contents

roster.png

Looks good... are there any plans to break that down for Freedom? Perhaps have it work at an Alliance level?

Lol, somehow I was thinking the "new" relation that was announced some month back that Retro and team would handle community relations, sorry for mixup.

I'd guess that would be like a Community Relations Assistant.

ok now that thats out of the way can we look at fixing the broken code to convert kingdom deeds please.

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

As of this moment yes, the way the server handles offline players means it will take a little more time to look at removing offline players

Sounds half-assed

wait... is that a 12 story tower in the middle of that bridge?

• Like 1

We were debating, whether we should go with straight or curved bridges uphill, decided to try curved ones and it turned out amazing. It is only a fraction of the project tho. :)

• Like 3

As it was a community project, I would like to name other builders/contributors too: Violeteclipse, Kergan, Cinderflame and Tryphon. They all participated in building that bridge system. :) 

• Like 1

That picture... Does that mean you will allow merchants or traders inside caves now alongside their stalls? That's great but that means that the tile they will be placed on are going to be simply impossible to collapse.

22 minutes ago, atazs said:

That picture... Does that mean you will allow merchants or traders inside caves now alongside their stalls? That's great but that means that the tile they will be placed on are going to be simply impossible to collapse.

Thats a merchant at independence, she happpily posed for me , it doesnt mean anything!

besides that you already can place a merchant in a merchant stall that is on the cave layer...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaiH said:

besides that you already can place a merchant in a merchant stall that is on the cave layer...

hold on the phone! If i create a stall in my cave i can place a merchant inside it?! What about a trader?