Sign in to follow this  
MarkSilard

Please remove 'Epic construction' missions on freedom

QeoZlrd.jpg

Iit's very annoying to see bunch of missions like this.

Allow  spirit gates, obelisks, temples, pylons and shrines to be built at any time, but move them away as mission goals on freedom. 

For freedom, all of them should be allowed to be built on deed. 

Edited by MarkSilard
  • Like 5

Someone my object that people currently playing on Freedom should know what's going on in Epic, so that they could switch toons or teleport there to do an interesting Epic mission. However, it seems to me that the vast majority of Freedom players isn't interested, and I agree that those Epic missions are just annoying, for the most of Freedom players. So yes, +1.

• Like 1

+1. currently have 5 missions for spirit gates to be build in the south west. Yes, all at the same time.

• Like 1

In order of best missions to worst missions:

1. Sacrifice Missions.
  2. Creation Missions.
  3. Kill "X" Animals Missions.
  4. Avatar Gift Missions.
  5. Ritual Missions.
  6. Sac "X" Valrei Missions.
  7. Animal Traitor Missions.
  8. Epic Build Missions.
  9. Tree Traitor Missions.

I would personally prefer to see less of the bottom three, and more of the top three. Sacrifice Missions are by far the most valued and everybody gets excited in Indy chat whenever a feasible one comes up.

I know they do this to a certain point already, but I would also like to see many more varying difficulties of the missions, this way some of the actually 'fun' missions stay up a little longer for everybody to have a chance to enjoy, such as:

Very Easy Sacrifice: Sacrifice 18 decent <30 Skill required to create items>

Easy Sacrifice: Sacrifice 40 decent <30 Skill required to create items>

Normal Sacrifice: Sacrifice 108 decent <Any skill required to create items>

Hard Sacrifice: Sacrifice 416 decent <Any skill required to create items>

Very Hard Sacrifice: Sacrifice 832 decent <Farmed items, or relatively easy to create items.>

Insane Sacrifice: Sacrifice 1664 decent <Farmed items, or relatively easy to create items.>

Very Easy Creation: Create 4 <50 Skill required to create items.>

Easy Creation: Create 8 <40 Skill required to create items.>

Normal Creation: Create 16 <30 Skill required to create items>

Hard Creation: Create 40 <30 Skill required to create items>

Very Hard Creation: Create 60 <Any skill required to create items.>

Insane Creation: Create 120 <Relatively easy to create items.>

I'd rather wake up to see my mission list filled with missions like these, than the traitor or build missions that nobody ever does.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 2

+1 and maybe make them target center-north/south/east/west regions too

just make sure that deeded mission structures don't work for rituals so that there are no problems with allowing them being built on deeds

Edited by Anothernoob
  • Like 1

Well, many things to see / know on the mechanism of Freedom Epic mission (lol, ikr). You need to build 1 type of each epic building in each corner of the map (NE seems bug for whatever reason on deliverance), which means once we manage to make one of those stupid spirit gates in time and it become an epic focus point they will never appear again, leaving place to the rituals at them.

And yes, the kill / sacrifice / create missions are loved on freedom as long as they are doable. Animals spawns, silly requirements or items unavailable make some of those missions impossible. (Kill 160 mountain lions is doable - kill 160 lava fiend isn't) with also the matter of the time frame of those missions, 160 lions in 3 days is doable... in 3 hours not that much.

The cut a tree mission right now is closer to grief a deed perimeter till you find the right tree. Having an option to locate said tree (spell / pendulum / focusing on your environment / graphical effects / whatever) would help on freedom. Knowing where are the deeds on the map is one thing, cutting 300 trees north/west/south/east of said deed is another.

Fun thing, my deed midgard (100x100) was chosen twice for those tree cutting missions. I have both cedar and birch trees north of it, the first mission all the cedar trees from the perimeter up to 60 tiles north have been cut. Seems just a lil bit over the top.

• Like 1

I agree with the tree missions - it's a nice idea, but it can lead to deforestation of someone's perimeter.

Also not really mentioned so far are the ritual missions - these are pretty decent, since they encourage travel and generally aren't hard to do.  Unfortunately, aside from the avatar ones (which are a bit hit and miss, since they move around), rituals need the shrines etc. to be built.  On a server like Release, where there's a fair selection of focuses around the map, it's not bad.  There was a bug with completion on these where it required more than one person and not everybody got the SB, has that been fixed?

As mentioned above, while making the focus buildings is a bit painful, once you've done one of a type in each quadrant, those missions don't come up again.  So not perfect, but a concerted effort by some vets would get rid of them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Odynn said:

which means once we manage to make one of those stupid spirit gates in time and it become an epic focus point they will never appear again, leaving place to the rituals at them.

It's one type per kingdom, so libila will still want them until hots builds some on freedom servers :D

18 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

There was a bug with completion on these where it required more than one person and not everybody got the SB, has that been fixed?

It's not a bug and I don't think it was changed; currently you need to be in local when a ritual mission is done, to get sb. (it's actually not a local but 300 meters, or 300 tiles, i dunno)

edit: or actually it should still work anyway, now that i look at it

Edited by asdf

well that is just fine :D  someone will get 5k karma :D    also problem is when there is item from epic to be saced 

These missions shouldnt be on freedom in the first place at all. Just like valrei items. Its one of the reasons epic isnt unique anymore, its fun how they added these missions and not added the valrei mobs.

Also, if u think clearcutting an area of trees is griefing u really dunno what u talk about Odynn, trees in this game respawn so damn quickly that it's no problem at all. I clearcutted entire parts of servers and the only way to get rid of them was by sanding those areas.

So I would say: remove all the missions from freedom. 

• Like 7

Adding my frustration to this.  I planted apple trees all over my deed and on the perimeter so that I could harvest the apples for the new transfiguration fluids. Now a mission comes up to cut down an apple tree south of my deed, so unless I deed over them someone can come and chop down the trees I'm growing for a specific reason.  I know, if you don't deed it you can't complain, but it's still frustrating.

On 3/11/2016 at 3:08 PM, LorenaMontana said:

So I would say: remove all the missions from freedom. 

On freedom, we use missions to gain sleep bonus and karma. On Epic, 'tons' of players use missions to gain combat ranking  without pvp.

Valrei mobs are on Chaos which is part of our cluster. 

I started this topic because is frustrating to  see 5 from 6 missions to be  spirit gate construction. There should be at least  some trigger that will prevent  spawn of construction missions of same kind  if one is already on.

2 hours ago, MarkSilard said:

On freedom, we use missions to gain sleep bonus and karma. On Epic, 'tons' of players use missions to gain combat ranking  without pvp.

Valrei mobs are on Chaos which is part of our cluster. 

I started this topic because is frustrating to  see 5 from 6 missions to be  spirit gate construction. There should be at least  some trigger that will prevent  spawn of construction missions of same kind  if one is already on.

its based on kingdom.  complete the monument then it shouldnt show anymore not counting any potential bugs relating to the porting of missions from epic to freedom or player gods

I do get tired of seeing missions that people will not complete because of whatever reason.  I am still waiting for a few that I can build that will quality for epic and no idea if they will ever come up because they are built somewhere in my quadrant.  I would hate to see them taken off freedom.

I also get tired of seeing 5 missions for spirit gates in the SW but not cause it annoys me but because the stupid missions are bugged still after years of people pointing it out. On Release this mission came up but because I always got the 'this must be built in the SW" message even while in the SW  after a couple weeks it had gone from 1 mission to 3 mission for it. Please fix this so I can have my stupid gate before people get these turned off.