Sign in to follow this  
Mairead

Neighbors in the South

Hi!

I've been getting back into Wurm after a little while away and would love to see if I have any active neighbors nearby where I am, it can get really lonely here! It would be awesome to have people around the area to chat and trade with. I have a deed in the middle south of Xanadu, on the north side of the island at T19. I've had this deed here since pretty much just a few days after Xanadu started. There have been a few other people who deeded on the island also in the past but I'm pretty sure right now there isn't anyone left and I'm the only one on it who is active. I could be wrong though. The only other deed that is left besides mine as far as I know is a tiny one next to me that mostly just covers a mine.

I would really like to get to know all of my nearest neighbors, even ones that are maybe not so near, and hopefully be able to keep in touch with them so things aren't quite so lonely on the island. I am planning to take a trip to the closest deeds I see on the map and see if any people seem to still be around at them but also I figured I would ask here if anyone is around and active in that area.

Also kind of by the way, if anyone happens to look at the map and decides the island looks like a fun place to settle, there are nice spots open here I would be happy to show you :) 

Hi,

I still have my deed close to there at U17 west side close to U16, that little inlet. But don't get to Xanadu much. Keep some 5 speed horses breeding there, every few months. For the most part I'm on Indy, but do travel often to other servers to hang out for weeks at a time. Maybe see you on Xanadu some time.

Best of luck with your deed.

Hi,

We are a little distance from you R 15, been here like you since the server opened, on the map as Copper Hall, but is Coppet Hall, I am Halina in game. Very quiet here even though hardly a remote area. My neighbour is active where Posidens was, and of course Jaz at the various Kalambaka deeds. A lttle boat trip, but would love to see you or chat :)  I mostly breed 5 speed horses, not much of a trader. 

Hope the deed goes well.

Great to hear from you both! I took a little trip last night to any construction I saw on the map within like 3 squares or so of me but never saw a single soul which was a little discouraging. I didn't go out too much toward to R15 but I will definitely sail out that way today and see if you all are around.

I'm at the P19 lake deed named Carter. Kind of a trip north for you, but I'm on every other day. Hope you're having fun down there. If you ever want to move lakeside, I'm here! Haha

That is a bit of a trip but maybe I will come up that way at some point. I am finding myself thinking lately of what else I can build to make my travel to places easier. Being an island though it's going to be mostly boat one way or another.

Thanks for adding me as a friend btw :) speaking of which if anyone wants to add me I would be happy to!

It's a bit of a trek, but there are quite a few active players in the Esteron area. Come say hi sometime. :)

Thank you I might! I actually wasn't too far away from there on a trip just a few days ago, I went around past the Southern Comfort area to south of Esteron. 

I have to admit feeling tempted at times lately to leave the island and move closer to one of the more populated areas but at the same time I have had my deed here since soon after I started which was soon after the start of Xanadu, so I've grown rather attached to the area, and it's a lovely area too!

It's a bit sad that the people in the deeds I used to share the island with have moved away, but I have been starting in my head plans for projects to hopefully attract some people back down here again. There has been the talk of things coming for Wurm and then a time of advertising to bring in new players, so if that happens and everything works out the best it can maybe by then I will have some nice beautiful spots to offer people looking for a place to found their deed.

Of course if anyone is looking now, and doesn't mind a place that is currently a bit off the beaten path, there are some lovely locations down here! I would be delighted to show anyone around the area. :)

Edited by Mairead
  • Like 1

There's a road that goes down to the coast there. I will probably take a trip sometime this week to go check your place out! I work the next 3 days, so I'll let you know when I see you ingame :D

22 hours ago, Mairead said:

Thank you I might! I actually wasn't too far away from there on a trip just a few days ago, I went around past the Southern Comfort area to south of Esteron. 

That's us! Most of the deeds in that area belong to the Kingdom of Esteron. There are quite a few projects in the works too if you are interested in helping out and grinding some skills.

Actually I have a deed at t/u 18. It's not my main deed, so usually I'm not there. But I can pay a visit soon and stay there for few days, because it's my resource deed and slowly but I'm getting low on some resources. 

I left that place a long time ago, to get closer to some players that i was allied with.

Since they all left Wurm, i find the area, south central Xanadu, quite dead and boring.

And yes you own my old place, i have visited it lately and your right on it.

Hah, good to know! Maybe I'm not there all the time, in fact rather rarely but you might be sure it's in good hands. I won't let it go down, because I like and enjoy this place- so calm and silent. This deed was given to me by my old friend who also left the game, but yeah it's a lovely place :)

hello, I am a relatively new player, I came to Wurm after getting board with my other mmorpg.  I own a coastal deed in the area, at S/15, called dragon's shore.  I am working on making it a southern area trade port, I took it over after it had been abandon for some time, because I love the view of the area.  I am there most every day working on one, or another thing.  It is lonely in the south but I like the quiet most days, and I can appreciate the solitude though.  I also like knowing that if I drop something and log I can usually trust it will still be there when I relog.  However I will admit I do like having friends to chat with, and welcome them.  I am in the process of recruiting for the village now but I am very guarded about who I invite. but friends are friends are friends lol hope to chat with you soon.

• Like 1