Sign in to follow this  
Drathania

[REQUEST] Foraging/Botanizing customizer

Just throwing this out there, could anyone make a mod to customize the items obtained from foraging/botanizing? Or change the chance to obtain certain drops?

Not a huge fan of this new foraging for 5 mins to have an inventory full of iron rock and honestly find it a bit silly, since irons really not hard to find at all.

The rock is handy at least. All I seem to get is an inventory full of seedlings and birchwood sticks. I just wish I could filter those out, they are totally useless to me and I'd rather have a message that the tile has been picked clean than tons of sticks and seedlings.

Double post

Edited by Tryst
Double post

What do you all think about building totems or some kind of zone influencing landmark that increases the chances of specific items? I'm thinking about a totem you sacrifice items too and it boosts the chance of finding those items. I think there should be something that limits how fast one can switch a totem's bonus.

Both forage and botanize (herb.class) have code to increase the chance of something happening given circumstances. Currently those are: no trees, near tree, near bush, near oak, easter, player hunger, player wounded, near water.  Many of these look at an increasing size area (1x1, 3x3, 5x5, 7x7 areas) and adjust the modifier as a result.

It might be possible to add a negative modifier. Just for reference, as long as the modifier doesn't exceed chance in the following method it should work. err, that would remove an item from the pick pool and effectively just make the other things more likely. Another solution might be to add a dummy item that returns a failure but I have no clue how to do that. Also, dummy items wouldn't be a benefit. Perhaps removing something from the pick pool is fine.

private float getChanceAt(final Creature performer, final int knowledge, final int tilex, final int tiley) {
        final float chance = this.chanceAt1 + (this.chanceAt100 - this.chanceAt1) / 100 * knowledge;
        return chance + this.modifiedBy.chanceModifier(performer, this.chanceModifier, tilex, tiley);
    }

No guarantees that I can do this as the ModifiedBy.class is another mod-unfriendly enum class.

joedobo you write it we'll use it :)     Quote a price.