Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Kings of Chaos

1 minute ago, whykillme said:

I did not see any high accounts up for sale? Did i miss something?

Redd and a couple others sold there accounts, Or are in the process of selling. I know theres 4 on WU who are holding onto there accounts, still debating on whether or not to sell there account. 

5 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

Aramisii, Red, Doctorchaos, Thirtynine, Demondan, Kix, Majorminor, Legionaire etc etc

Im sure more than just that have sold privately too.

1 hour ago, Wulfgarr said:

Lately there has been alot of meta breaches to the game including a big steal on freedom. The actions from GM-s have been nothing. So stealing from freedom is allowed in certain situations. Even worse on chaos. Quite a few old members are tired of supporting a game where the GM-s just tell you to stick it if you get robbed or metagaming is being used against you. There are so many loop holes that it really discusses me in this game, the deed settings and so forward. Now this post will be removed i bet and pretty sure my account will be banned or smth on forums, but that is the truth. I think most sides understand that things have gone to far with the metagaming, cheating and the mechanics currently used on chaos. Thus leaving the game and selling up. I cannot go into detail but it really sucks to see the devs and GM-s allowing alot of stuff that has happened in the last month and people who are public showing and trolling about it and they are doing 0. So for future be aware.

Unfortunately the Devs/GMs cannot help in most cases because typically the hashes were handed out, passwords not changed, or the proper procedures for account sales were not done. It's the only real fair way to handle the situation, in their eyes.

Many times I've heard of deeds being destroyed, writs being blown, items being stolen, accounts being suicided over and over, simply because people are out to ruin the game for people beyond their appropriate account's power, such as via raiding, PvP, etc. It's a problem that has plagued the PvP side of the game for many, many years. Many people have quit over the issues that occur when things like this arise, so it's no surprise that more people are quitting now over the latest occurrence. It's not isolated to one Kingdom, either.

I've only ever seen one, maybe two people banned before, for continual harassment and unfair play, and even that was really long over-due in my opinion.

For what it's worth, I've always been against GM involvement on Wild/Chaos, unless it is to fix important bugs or exploitations that occur (such as when I dropped my arm out of my inventory, and Rolf gave me all the items I've ever dropped before, instead of the past day, in attempt to fix the issue). But with that being said, I do feel like intentional harassment and foul play in any regard is something that should be looked at and resolved.

I sold because it sounds really dumb but like the game wasn't fun for me anymore.

In any situation I could tell you exactly the group of people that would come from the enemy side give or take some names, and if we would win or not directly from local list and my knowledge of people being priests/etc. I never take SoTG into account because imo it doesn't matter much.

Stuff like that is just another problem that's on the airline seat list of things that can be solved by "just having more people" but obviously you can't just get people to play in larger numbers.

I also was a really avid person against selling and always said "i'd never sell haha i'll just come back" but lol everyone will eventually cut ties over something i'm sure.

• Like 1

I would say the glory days of chaos are over and have been for awhile. We can all agree that MR conquered chaos. Right now there is nothing really left for them to fight, and it's probably boring for them to continue if things don't get fixed. Problem is why would anyone want to go against MR at the moment? It's been suggested before, a merge of epic or a map reset is probably in order. Also right now is there voice isn't being heard well and many are done trying to speak.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Niki said:

I would say the glory days of chaos are over and have been for awhile. We can all agree that MR conquered chaos. Right now there is nothing really left for them to fight, and it's probably boring for them to continue if things don't get fixed. Problem is why would anyone want to go against MR at the moment? It's been suggested before, a merge of epic or a map reset is probably in order. Problem right now is there voice isn't being heard well.

The only fix that can actually be done is MR splitting up and fighting each other, we did it on Epic and it made the server last much longer and there is still competitive pvp.

• Like 4

Just now, FranktheTank said:

The only fix that can actually be done is MR splitting up and fighting each other, we did it on Epic and it made the server last much longer and there is still competitive pvp.

Also very valid.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

Flattens dirtwalls to make people quit >  Complains that no one lives on chaos anymore

HaH HaH HaH

MR flattened dirtwalls of land we were trying to take over.  We used in-game mechanics to succeed.

Compared to the strategy you employ of buying old MR accounts and hoping they get handed to you while still in MR so you can go through towns and steal things.

But, as I said, as long as you continue enjoying what you do by winning via out-of-game solutions, more power to you and I hope you continue to have fun doing it.  That's why Wurm is boring and I sold up, because people, like you, would rather steal or buy their way into a kingdom, rather than actually play wurm and try to raid deeds in-game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Naio said:

MR flattened dirtwalls of land we were trying to take over.  We used in-game mechanics to succeed.

Compared to the strategy you employ of buying old MR accounts and hoping they get handed to you while still in MR so you can go through towns and steal things.

But, as I said, as long as you continue enjoying what you do by winning via out-of-game solutions, more power to you and I hope you continue to have fun doing it.  That's why Wurm is boring and I sold up, because people, like you, would rather steal or buy their way into a kingdom, rather than actually play wurm and try to raid deeds in-game.

Once again, some players in MR has done this in the past, buying accounts such as Crimsonwolf and Littlebear and ruining entire villages.

Edited by Fooligun

3 minutes ago, Fooligun said:

Once again, some players in MR has done this in the past, buying accounts such as Crimsonwolf and Littlebear and ruining entire villages.

That one make me laugh. Aristia bashed down the majority of the deed and shes in JK now.

6 minutes ago, Fooligun said:

I understand you keep saying the same thing.  i don't know who they are and haven't heard those names before.  My guess is a lot of people in MR don't know anything about it either, because they joined MR after it happened.  MR right now is probably 50-60 unique active players, and another 100 or so that are semi-active.  What one or a few people did doesn't mean that everyone in the kingdom condones it or that the whole kingdom is responsible, or that you can blame anyone in MR for what those people did in the past.

Not sure you're american - but it's the equivalent of saying "oh you're a republican?  So, you want to build a wall to keep mexicans out, like Trump?".  No, just because you're a part of a community or group, doesnt mean that you are one entity that has a single hivemind and all have the same opinions and agree on everything.

I'm not saying "JK SUCKS" or "HOTS SUCKS" im saying that - people like Hashirama play with out-of-game means which i think are not fun.

Edited by Naio
  • Like 2

Merge 

Edited by Josh
  • Like 7

Ok, so I read Booksii and friends are entering into Chaos as 4yr old noobs.  Imagine someone just starting the game today that loves PvP - what on earth must they think, realizing they are 4 years younger than the current group of "newish" players?  Imagine World of Warcraft PvP arena with a bunch of level 80s going up against a handful of level 10 players.  One big AoE from a warlock (I haven't played in years) and boom, game over.

Also, I keep reading that MR is vastly overpowered and has "won the game".  Not just here, but in other forum posts and ingame chats.  If that kills the fun, then there should be a game rebalancing event of epic proportions.  Server wipe?  They would just regroup and do it all over again.  Split the empire in two?  I imagine they would just desert one and switch back to the other.  Limit kingdom sizes?  Might have some merit.  Skill equalizing on the server?  Could help a ton.  There must be something radically different employed, if we want to recruit more players to the PvP world here.

I am part of the PvE faction and a die hard now, but I also recognize that PvP is a playstyle more popular overall.  Look at all the big names out there and you see PvP is dominating.  If we want to appeal to a much larger gaming audience, our PvP needs to have balance and viability.  It can't be something that takes 10 years to be good at.  You want to recruit someone to PvP, give them a PvP where they can jump right in and have immediate success, or at least feel like they came close to success.

I've long been frustrated at PvP mechanics bleeding into PvE and will continue to do so, but I really want to see a thriving PvP version of Wurm to improve the growth of the franchise overall.

• Like 3

This whole thread went the wrong direction, none of it should have been KvK. The current state of pvp (mechanics wise) is just disappointing and unplayable. Thats the reason why macedon left, and sold up. The lack of attention the pvp community gets its a big reason why these accounts are going for sale, I cant speak for red but I know most of the macedon accounts are for sale for that reason. Freedom is the main revenue for CodeClub and it gets all the attention, you dont think pvp community is dieing ? Look at the server graph, independence has equal if not greater population then Chaos and Epic cluster as a whole combined majority of the times. People suggest and ask for new horse colors something that takes time to develop models and such, and it gets implemented. PvPers ask for a simpler reversion of a game mechanic that was not working ~ 4 months ago (info minister) and it hasnt even been changed something that will probably take a dev/coder hours only, for example. The Dev's currently are going above and beyond for one part of the community and avoiding the other, why ? who knows. But we are going unrecognized and that's making people lose hope and upset. This game has great potential its one of a kind, but frankly the PR sucks, all due respect to retro and he predecessors. Recent events pretty much confirmed a lot of what the pvp community has been feeling, the lack of attention. 

edit @Wurmhole I dont think chaos dieing has much to do with MR, more the mechanics. Is MR vastly overpower yes and no, in the end pvp comes down to numbers. If you have superior numbers your odds of winning after vastly superior, account and stats and whos running them only really comes into play in small number pvp 2v2 - 5v5 anytthing above that its a matter of numbers and how you use the numbers doesnt matter if the accounts are good or bad. One thing MR has had recently, is numbers which allowed them to rise up a lot and conquer a lot. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 3

PvP players make up a small fraction of of the wurm player base. This why you see new horse colors instead of a proper crown and cape for the king. They just don't give a damn about chaos. 

Wait, what happened to more than 1/2 this thread?

Are we really not allowed to post negative things about Wurm anymore?  Is that a new forum policy that only good things can be said?

Would just like some clarity on the forum rules, thanks.

• Like 1

nvm, I will just go back to grinding...

Edited by bangzuvelis

Just now, Naio said:

Are we really not allowed to post negative things about Wurm anymore?  Is that a new forum policy that only good things can be said?

It is really a sad day, the forum has gone full gestapo mode, in fact after writing this I would not be surprised if I get warned or banned. Put that only proves my point

Just now, FranktheTank said:

It is really a sad day, the forum has gone full gestapo mode, in fact after writing this I would not be surprised if I get warned or banned. Put that only proves my point

did anyone pay attention to the totalitarianism regimes of hitler and the soviets?

it didnt really work out well for them...

but in this case, it's a lot easier to revolt.. you just... stop coming to the website.

Just now, Naio said:

The LFM Is being replaced so casual moderation is kinda out the door right now. FUD Is active more active then ever tho. The unfair ruling can't be settled right now as LFM Is more important and the one who handles that stuff. I literally reported it and the next day LFM stepped down or got removed. 

Just gotta wait patiently for MamaDarkness or Enki to get around to it. Enki says hes swamped and MamaDarkness hasn't been around in over a month now. Soooo just kick back, open a beer and enjoy the show everyone, Your kinda just wasting your time right now. 

Throughout Chaos's history developers and GM's stepped in and either changed mechanics or slapped a kingdom in the face when they got too powerful, I'm sure MR are going to say my post is just whinging we need to get gud etc but the truth is every kingdom before them got nerfed when they were too powerful. BL had so many nerfs slapped on them when JK was getting wrecked and then when JK started getting too powerful we got nerfed too and mechanics changed to prevent us from hogging lots of land.

For example when JK was very strong we had the WL moved away from us because MR couldn't get past Valhalla, Rolf reset artifacts like 5 times because we kept getting them all, drains from deeds were massively increased, catapult damage increased, upkeep costs increased, magranon champs were taken away from us, Fo champs nerfed significantly after I went Fo champ etc etc at the time JK and BL  felt unfairly targeted but in hindsight it was necessary.

I really like the term snowball, as it rolls down the hill it gets bigger and bigger until someone whacks it with a shovel - but there has been a complete disinterest from GM's and dev's to do anything about balancing Chaos ever since Epic was introduced.

The issue is these snowball mechanics whilst they can be enjoyed by anyone; they overwhelmingly benefit the kingdom that has the most players.

What mechanics? A few examples:

- Twitter alarms allowing you to see when any of your 500 deeds have someone trip the border, land hogging is no longer a disadvantaging

- If the above wasn't bad enough; through use of /vteleport and /vinvite or karma teleport you can teleport to any deed on the map easily. Previously when JK dominated we used /suicide to spawn at allied deeds (you could spawn at any allied deed) and Rolf went NOPE.AVI and removed it literally the next day I don't understand why /vteleport and karma teleport is so sacred and not removed when it's even worse because it's the same thing except you parachute in with your entire inventory

- remove informer (seriously wtf is this not removed yet, EVERYONE says it should go)

- Rare boats, hell horses allowing extremely fast travel

- HoTA is  dumb because it's in a static location so easy to control, the kingdom who controls hota has the capacity to sell HoTA statues to Freedom and has effectively unlimited funding for their war deeds

- Meditation buffs specifically SoTG

- Combine SoTG with LT

- Combined SoTG, LT with sorcery buffs (ie continnum, 10% reduction) and some players need 50 hits to die

- With the 'deed fix' allowing odd shaped deeds upkeep was made very cheap, even a s100 deed is very cheap now - this in my opinion was when Chaos started going downhill and all of the 'war deeds' stated being placed - deeds are simply far too cheap now.

When I first started to play PvP all you needed was armor (even studded and chain was perfect) a weapon (ANY weapon, not the LS/Med Maul meta you see now) and some cotton - literally that was it. But since then so many mechanics have been introduced or buffed that require 'counters' so if you die you need to spend a week making your items again. For example archery was buffed so then everyone needs shield. Then bows were nerfed so you can only shoot a longbow at 15 tiles, med 10, short 5 - so now everyone needs to carry around 3 types of bow to be effective. Then you have venom vs farmer salve. Potions. Gems (because LoF, FP, Scorn etc are OP) don't forget nolocate ring. I know when adding these features the dev's think they are cool and niche but because of the tenacity of Chaos players either it's useless or an absolute must have that everyone makes before fighting.

There is just too much of a shopping list you need to get before you can battle in PvP and this harms the ability for smaller kingdoms to recruit new players to compete, because once they realize that they need to spend 2 years grinding before they can even remotely compete they go and play some other game.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 18