Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Kings of Chaos

3 minutes ago, Naio said:

Firstly, there's a long-standing history of posts getting deleted and users never knowing. Yes if you ask you'll be told why, and often times re-added because the mod that reviews it wasnt the mod that removed it and disagrees with the first assessment.  But, all that relies on the user reading through the history of a thread and realizing their post isnt there.  It's the only forum i've ever been on where posts get deleted without a notification to the user, and in most forums, posts are simply mod edited and offending content is removed and people get a warning.  As you probably know/realize, here, posts are deleted and nothing said about it so often times you're unaware you were breaking a rule or what that rule is.

That being said, for this thread specifically - a good portion of it was deleted at one point, it was into it's 3rd page and then went to the beginning of the first page.  Though it seems some (but not all) have been re-added since.  I'm not sure why everyone's was deleted, but one person asked and the response given by the forum mod was "spreading fear uncertainty and doubt about the future of the game."

So, I disagree with you - people staying within rules are having their posts deleted because they speak negatively of Wurm.

Hope that helps.

You forgot to mention how slickshot's posts and replies to all these posts never get deleted but whatever, You summed it all up nicely. 

• Like 3

for anyone who wants to view here is some population statistics on epic for most of 2014.

http://172.98.201.162/wurmstats/

to zoom in click and drag to select a span of time, to zoom out double click.

Edited by thekraken

16 minutes ago, Naio said:

Firstly, there's a long-standing history of posts getting deleted and users never knowing. Yes if you ask you'll be told why, and often times re-added because the mod that reviews it wasnt the mod that removed it and disagrees with the first assessment.  But, all that relies on the user reading through the history of a thread and realizing their post isnt there.  It's the only forum i've ever been on where posts get deleted without a notification to the user, and in most forums, posts are simply mod edited and offending content is removed and people get a warning.  As you probably know/realize, here, posts are deleted and nothing said about it so often times you're unaware you were breaking a rule or what that rule is.

That being said, for this thread specifically - a good portion of it was deleted at one point, it was into it's 3rd page and then went to the beginning of the first page.  Though it seems some (but not all) have been re-added since.  I'm not sure why everyone's was deleted, but one person asked and the response given by the forum mod was "spreading fear uncertainty and doubt about the future of the game."

So, I disagree with you - people staying within rules are having their posts deleted because they speak negatively of Wurm.

Hope that helps.

"Staying within the rules" often means doing your best to stick to the technical letter of the law, whilst still trying to get away with murder.  Not to mention, FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) has been mentioned as of late as a reason to remove such derogatory posting.  As far as I can tell, this doesn't mean you can't post a negative opinion, it just means you can't go around spreading poison or abusing statistics with the goal of causing doubt about this game.  Also, the moderation staff have the last say when it comes to how closely the rules are adhered to, as they should because it's nearly impossible to define every way in which someone can break rigid rules.  Sometimes they make mistakes, as I would expect them to, and a lot of the times they get things right.  It doesn't really matter in the end because whoever is "slighted" by a moderation decision will typically bash them publicly, even if the decision was the right call.  Woe is me, is the typical attitude, and a futile one at that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

"Staying within the rules" often means doing your best to stick to the technical letter of the law, whilst still trying to get away with murder.  Not to mention, FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) has been mentioned as of late as a reason to remove such derogatory posting.  As far as I can tell, this doesn't mean you can't post a negative opinion, it just means you can't go around spreading poison or abusing statistics with the goal of causing doubt about this game.  Also, the moderation staff have the last say when it comes to how closely the rules are adhered to, as they should because it's nearly impossible to define every way in which someone can break rigid rules.  Sometimes they make mistakes, as I would expect them to, and a lot of the times they get things right.  It doesn't really matter in the end because whoever is "slighted" by a moderation decision will typically bash them publicly, even if the decision was the right call.  Woe is me, is the typical attitude, and a futile one at that.

I just read the first sentence, Your comparing opinion postings to murder. Im not even gonna read the rest of your post. This isn't a god damn court, its peoples opinions on a public forum board for a game we love. 

• Like 2

slick you have zero to add to this, if you want to pad your post count isn't there a spam forum for the likes of you? you trying to be another klaa? he has you outmatched

pingpong i disagree, the appeal of chaos is that its not epic and is connected to freedom, I would be against a merge of any kind that involves transferring those who 'had the fast track' on there skills over on epic

20 minutes ago, akaedis said:

I just read the first sentence, Your comparing opinion postings to murder. Im not even gonna read the rest of your post. This isn't a god damn court, its peoples opinions on a public forum board for a game we love. 

Unfortunate that you didn't read more.  I even bolded the important bit where people always have the woe is me attitude.  Oh well.  Can't blame me for tryin to reason.

9 hours ago, Cornchips said:

I sold because it sounds really dumb but like the game wasn't fun for me anymore.

In any situation I could tell you exactly the group of people that would come from the enemy side give or take some names, and if we would win or not directly from local list and my knowledge of people being priests/etc. I never take SoTG into account because imo it doesn't matter much.

Stuff like that is just another problem that's on the airline seat list of things that can be solved by "just having more people" but obviously you can't just get people to play in larger numbers.

I also was a really avid person against selling and always said "i'd never sell haha i'll just come back" but lol everyone will eventually cut ties over something i'm sure.

u sold for a concert

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Slickshot said:

words

i said posts that spoke about wurm negatively were being removed.

retrograde posted that only posts that break forum rules are being removed

i replied with the information i have.

you seem to be on a soapbox about some big "woe is me" issue that doesnt exist, and you're putting words into my mouth and then disagreeing with those words.

As far as I see,  you don't have anything to do with chaos/epic or PvP so please stop derailing the conversation trying to refute points that dont exist.

• Like 1

Ok, I really didn't want to open a can of worms and start attacks between players.  I think forum PvP is about the worst use of everyone's time.  Probably inevitable, but I'd love it if we could lay off that for a bit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

That will be happening in time, I've been in TS with nearly every chaos kingdom (does hots use TS?) and several Epic kingdoms, i've also been in forum PM's with them and will be collecting my report for the dev team shortly.

Once that is done I'll work with the dev team in not only identifying what needs fixing, but timeframes and approaches. From there the plan will be put to the community not just for feedback but so players are well aware what is coming and have a realistic expectation of when, not all changes can be immediate, and some require a much longer process, but we hope to be as transparent as possible with whats coming

I look forward to seeing the time frame and changes that will be implemented! Hopefully you can get that report done quickly to make this entire ordeal of unknowing go by much faster! :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Ok, I really didn't want to open a can of worms and start attacks between players.  I think forum PvP is about the worst use of everyone's time.  Probably inevitable, but I'd love it if we could lay off that for a bit.

I agree.  I don't really see the point in trying to openly insult others that disagree with you [in general], but that is where we are apparently.

4 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

I agree.  I don't really see the point in trying to openly insult others that disagree with you [in general], but that is where we are apparently.

I think the insulting comes from the fact that you are denying a prolbem which you have 0 idea of and telling others that it does not exist. As far as i know you do not play chaos/epic and do not post in the threads. In threads where there used to be a lot of people trolling each other after battle posts are getting deleted. It has resorted so far on chaos that people cannot post pvp vidoes for others enjoyment on those forums. Additionally now there FUD meaning that any post that might be considered as a problematic or showing doubt about the future can be deleted. THere is a problem and the fact that you are not even remotle affected about it does not mean it doesnt exist. And this thread is about why people are quitting and selling out. One of those persons is Red who said it simply and directly why he is selling out and his post was removed. How is that not an issue?

3 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

I think the insulting comes from the fact that you are denying a prolbem which you have 0 idea of and telling others that it does not exist. As far as i know you do not play chaos/epic and do not post in the threads. In threads where there used to be a lot of people trolling each other after battle posts are getting deleted. It has resorted so far on chaos that people cannot post pvp vidoes for others enjoyment on those forums. Additionally now there FUD meaning that any post that might be considered as a problematic or showing doubt about the future can be deleted. THere is a problem and the fact that you are not even remotle affected about it does not mean it doesnt exist. And this thread is about why people are quitting and selling out. One of those persons is Red who said it simply and directly why he is selling out and his post was removed. How is that not an issue?

Oh you think it's okay to post with the intention of causing doubt about the game?  Code Club is a small developer with a small game.  They actually have the time to sort through such garbage and remove it from their forums, unlike other large companies, but you better believe those larger companies remove garbage posting about their game as well when they can find it.  This is the woe is me attitude I mentioned.  Too many people feeling slighted, and honestly it's only about a dozen or so of you that complain about it in every thread.  I don't see the issue here.  Don't try to drive the game into the ground, and your posts will stay.  The same rules apply to everyone, myself included, so I don't understand why everyone feels like it's so atrocious or unfair to follow those guidelines.  The rest of us have been doing it for a long time, and I don't see them trashing Code Club in every thread because of those rules.  Just saying man.  It isn't worth debating anymore.  Guidelines are guidelines.  When you follow them, life is easier.

Don't mistake my comments for being about silly slap-stick remarks between buddies/enemies.  That's all humor.  I'm responding directly about the ongoing complaints that the forums just aren't fair.  You have to be biased to believe they aren't fair...that is the only way it works.

1 hour ago, Slickshot said:

Oh you think it's okay to post with the intention of causing doubt about the game?  Code Club is a small developer with a small game.  They actually have the time to sort through such garbage and remove it from their forums, unlike other large companies, but you better believe those larger companies remove garbage posting about their game as well when they can find it.  This is the woe is me attitude I mentioned.  Too many people feeling slighted, and honestly it's only about a dozen or so of you that complain about it in every thread.  I don't see the issue here.  Don't try to drive the game into the ground, and your posts will stay.  The same rules apply to everyone, myself included, so I don't understand why everyone feels like it's so atrocious or unfair to follow those guidelines.  The rest of us have been doing it for a long time, and I don't see them trashing Code Club in every thread because of those rules.  Just saying man.  It isn't worth debating anymore.  Guidelines are guidelines.  When you follow them, life is easier.

Don't mistake my comments for being about silly slap-stick remarks between buddies/enemies.  That's all humor.  I'm responding directly about the ongoing complaints that the forums just aren't fair.  You have to be biased to believe they aren't fair...that is the only way it works.

No, Big companies do not remove it, Like at all. They take the information, PR Gets involved and they ask directly to each and every person as to why they say that if its a valid post. Iv been contacted by Microsoft once because i for the most part stated "The xbox 360 sucks because X reason's". Iv seen smaller companies do this aswell, Take Chucklefish for example, They created Starbound and promised a bunch of stuff they REALLY couldn't do, At all. As the time ran out to finish these projects, People got angry, "Nay sayers" appeared and just started outright insulting CF. did they clean it up and cover it up? Nope. They had there one PR lady(I forget her name, nice lady tho) go into each and every topic and talk it out. After literal months of doing this, Chucklefish's reputation has returned to something better then trash but not great. Which is completely fine for a game studio if you ask me. Codeclub on the other hand is just tossing all remarks away and anything that isn't you or "wurm online is great" are simply just being removed. Anyone who has been posting on these forums recently knows this as there post has been deleted. 

Anyways good job derailing another thread slickshot, Truly astonishing on how you turned retro and acerifle making some progress into about you and bias rulings. Good job, It takes some serious skill to do that, I dont even think i could manage that very easily. Now to screenshot this post and send it to a moderator because i got 10$ on its gonna be deleted. 

• Like 1

Ok, nuff said.  Folks have said their piece on what they feel about the state of PvP and we have official responses that it is being taken very seriously and things are in the works to make it better (or at least make an honest attempt to do so).  I don't see anything else being accomplished now.

As OP, I think we should close it for now and put efforts into the recovery/rebuild of PvP, rather than continuing the Forum PvPvM.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Slickshot said:

Too many people feeling slighted, and honestly it's only about a dozen or so of you that complain about it in every thread.

Like who the ###### are you? The majority here say the things we do becasue we LOVE the game! We want to see it improve, retain its playerbase and get better.

It's the constant dissapointment, hurried changes, fixes to the unimportant issues and neglect of a good portion of the playerbase that is driving us out and wanting to leave. Frankly it's really now got to the bitter end where a huge amount have exhausted themselves vollying for changes and improvments and just get ###### on.

Retrograde so far has shown himself to actually have some interest into the PvP community and I do hope we see some changes and sooner rather than

after the Summer or next year.

Time to get your head out of the sand and see what' happening.

• Like 1

People looking for a game normally go on more social gaming forums. And let me tell you something wurm online has some really crappy posts about it i every single one of those forums. We are players try to defend WO because of what we think this game CAN be. The dev team is whats holding it back. 

People who take the time to post here even as angry as they might come off most of those people are literally crying because they want to see the game improve. Honestly slick, its people like you who are actually doing more harm to the game thinking everything is just peachy. 

Flame on.

10 minutes ago, Lulu said:

Like who the ###### are you? The majority here say the things we do becasue we LOVE the game! We want to see it improve, retain its playerbase and get better.

It's the constant dissapointment, hurried changes, fixes to the unimportant issues and neglect of a good portion of the playerbase that is driving us out and wanting to leave. Frankly it's really now got to the bitter end where a huge amount have exhausted themselves vollying for changes and improvments and just get ###### on.

Retrograde so far has shown himself to actually have some interest into the PvP community and I do hope we see some changes and sooner rather than

after the Summer or next year.

Time to get your head out of the sand and see what' happening.

I think you mistook my post for saying "everyone" instead of "too many" in reference to the amount of people who feel sighted.  Also I did say there only appeared to be "about a dozen or so" people who complain in every thread.  I suppose saying "every" thread is a bit of an exaggeration as that just isn't plausible.  I probably should have clarified that "about a dozen or so complain abusively.". That would have been better, yes?

Just to be clear, the original thread of this was speculation on the sale of high end accounts, and the impact it will have on Chaos for new players.

This thread is now currently arguing between players over whats wrong with the game, what people are doing wrong, and blaming each other.

If you do have an issue with the game, and you do want to be heard, you are always welcome to speak with me, threads like these often wind up being derailed by both sides, and it makes it impossible to address the message at hand without having to take moderation actions.

we are aware you all wish for improvements within various features of the game, PvPers know I have been in contact with them for several weeks now, and am continuing to do so, as we near a more formulated plan we will share that, we cannot rush this, too much has been rushed in the past.

For other players, please try to keep on topic, and not let yourselves get derailed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Just to be clear, the original thread of this was speculation on the sale of high end accounts, and the impact it will have on Chaos for new players.

This thread is now currently arguing between players over whats wrong with the game, what people are doing wrong, and blaming each other.

If you do have an issue with the game, and you do want to be heard, you are always welcome to speak with me, threads like these often wind up being derailed by both sides, and it makes it impossible to address the message at hand without having to take moderation actions.

we are aware you all wish for improvements within various features of the game, PvPers know I have been in contact with them for several weeks now, and am continuing to do so, as we near a more formulated plan we will share that, we cannot rush this, too much has been rushed in the past.

For other players, please try to keep on topic, and not let yourselves get derailed.

How would people feel about a challenge server release that tested possibly a more barebones style of pvp that people in this thread seem to relish?

At least see how it goes and move from there?

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 3

On 09/03/2016 at 6:23 PM, FranktheTank said:

How would people feel about a challenge server release that tested possibly a more barebones style of pvp that people in this thread seem to relish?

At least see how it goes and move from there?

Challenge type server to test would be fun +1

Edited by Firestarter
Moderation Edit.

Guys, how do I make slickshot go away?  Now he's PMing me.

Can someone go start posting in PvE threads to show him how annoying it is that he's trying to give his input here...

"I'm going to do you a solid and just refute this in pm instead of the forum.  You saying negative posts are being removed, and Retro saying rule breaking posts are being removed is the exact same thing.  If a negative post breaks the rules, it is removed.  I've come across many players who seem to think saying such things as "Wurm is a flaming turd,"  "I hope Wurm dies soon,"  "You all are retards for playing Wurm."  If you sincerely think such posts are just negative opinions and are perfectly acceptable for the forums then you need to find new forums, plain and simple.  Those kinds of posts are rightfully removed, and there are literally only about 6-8 of you who feel differently.  Literally the exact same people in every Wurm-bashing thread throwing up their arms in misplaced disgust.

Another thing.  When you bring up forum posts being removed in a thread talking about the state of PvP in the game and accounts being sold, YOU were the one derailing the thread.  Me responding to you (I remind you in a polite gesture) is an attempt to reason with you on the subject.  Is it also derailing?  Sure, you bet.  But don't for a moment try to blame it on anyone but yourself.  Responsibility is severely lacking in this forum.  If you choose not to see reason, that's on you, but I'd advise against it.  All you do is become one of those guys.  Not a good place for your reputation to be in the community.  Been there, done that."

•  
Edited by Naio
  • Like 1

he sent me a pm earlier, I gave him a simple 2 word reply

maybe we need special section for him

• Like 3