Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Kings of Chaos

In the last couple weeks, there are been several high end PvP characters up for sale.  Just recently, about 4 of them with near 100 FS.  Is Chaos coming to an end, or just seeing several of the old guard retiring, making room for lower skilled players to take up the challenge of PvP?

I often wonder how new players come into an environment with older "near max" skilled players and expect to survive in PvP.  The few times I've tried PvP in the past have been pretty frustrating, because of situations like that.  Some exceptions were the arena type pvp scenarios, that employed a type of skill equalizing, so everyone has a chance of survival in a 1v1 scenario.

Will Chaos be more inviting with fewer elite players?  Will it spiral down to nothing if they leave?  Is there something in the works, to introduce a radical change to PvP in Wurm?  Are people leaving as a form of protest, or simply moving on to WU to start fresh?

2 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

In the last couple weeks, there are been several high end PvP characters up for sale.  Just recently, about 4 of them with near 100 FS.  Is Chaos coming to an end, or just seeing several of the old guard retiring, making room for lower skilled players to take up the challenge of PvP?

I often wonder how new players come into an environment with older "near max" skilled players and expect to survive in PvP.  The few times I've tried PvP in the past have been pretty frustrating, because of situations like that.  Some exceptions were the arena type pvp scenarios, that employed a type of skill equalizing, so everyone has a chance of survival in a 1v1 scenario.

Will Chaos be more inviting with fewer elite players?  Will it spiral down to nothing if they leave?  Is there something in the works, to introduce a radical change to PvP in Wurm?  Are people leaving as a form of protest, or simply moving on to WU to start fresh?

OR perhaps neither of those options.  Maybe they're just too busy IRL for Wurm anymore.  Who knows.

It is very interesting isn't it? My money is on the protest option, if you count a calculated "wave" of wts/pc's as an attempt to change a decision as a protest :)

i know a few new players ie under 6 months old looking or just came over to chaos, and older ones since i just went back myself with a few others.

chaos will still be going in one form or another, people will always come and go.

Edited by shakys

I consider my self young in wurm terms 4 ish years and I'm just entering my PvP life as well as some friends "my age" are Also starting to dabble. So not dead just making room for the youngsters like us fresh blood is always good!

• Like 2

Lately there has been alot of meta breaches to the game including a big steal on freedom. The actions from GM-s have been nothing. So stealing from freedom is allowed in certain situations. Even worse on chaos. Quite a few old members are tired of supporting a game where the GM-s just tell you to stick it if you get robbed or metagaming is being used against you. There are so many loop holes that it really discusses me in this game, the deed settings and so forward. Now this post will be removed i bet and pretty sure my account will be banned or smth on forums, but that is the truth. I think most sides understand that things have gone to far with the metagaming, cheating and the mechanics currently used on chaos. Thus leaving the game and selling up. I cannot go into detail but it really sucks to see the devs and GM-s allowing alot of stuff that has happened in the last month and people who are public showing and trolling about it and they are doing 0. So for future be aware.

• Like 13

i have used GMs twice this week, and its the fastest service i have seen in-game, it used to be you would have to wait hours, and from my experience the GMs / CA and the rest of the staff have done a good job, even in regards to Retrograde its the first time i have ever had the chance to discuss changes in-game or issues so they can discuss it with other kingdoms to try and improve the game.

in regards to people stealing, its all to do with settings and who you trust, or in regards to chaos you should be used to people stealing, or getting raided and losing it all or maybe try living in a different kingdom you may know what i mean lol.

Edited by shakys
  • Like 4

I have to give credit to the GMs I've worked with. of the 20ish times I've needed help, almost every time I was VERY happy with the results.  Still not happy that one of them thought I was trying to break into someone's mine, when I fell into their mine trap, but that was just one of 20 and it wasn't even a huge deal.

GMs here are the best I've ever worked with in a game.

There are highly creative ways to steal on freedom that are very deconstructive to game play it's true, I don't know what the correct answer is for the GM's in many situations but yes I've been on the wrong end of it too. On chaos isn't that the name of the game? Steal, kill, and destroy? Just watch out for those spy alts!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shakys said:

i have used GMs twice this week, and its the fastest service i have seen in-game, it used to be you would have to wait hours, and from my experience the GMs / CA and the rest of the staff have done a good job, even in regards to Retrograde its the first time i have ever had the chance to discuss changes in-game or issues so they can discuss it with other kingdoms to try and improve the game.

in regards to people stealing, its all to do with settings and who you trust, or in regards to chaos you should be used to people stealing, or getting raided and losing it all or maybe try living in a different kingdom you may know what i mean lol.

Good for you! Grats on that. My point still stands, so if you really are interested why alot of people are selling out, its pretty obvious. They are tired of getting shafted thru mechanics that dont work properly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

There are highly creative ways to steal on freedom that are very deconstructive to game play it's true, I don't know what the correct answer is for the GM's in many situations but yes I've been on the wrong end of it too. On chaos isn't that the name of the game? Steal, kill, and destroy? Just watch out for those spy alts!

People who whine about it are mostly people who do it themselves but when it's done against them, they start crying and blaming others. (Am talking about chaos).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

Good for you! Grats on that. My point still stands, so if you really are interested why alot of people are selling out, its pretty obvious. They are tired of getting shafted thru mechanics that dont work properly.

But for none of the reasons you listed (atleast for the kingdom I was in). So atm we have either sold off accounts or are letting subs drop (in my case it's 7 accounts that will be dropping subs).

18 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

You can't be expected to have a fair and square game on chaos. There will be spies and there will be stuff stolen... Everyone will aim to take advantage of the situation in any way possible. People playing on chaos would know that so it is probably not the reason behind people "leaving" as you put it.

Edited by BlackDeathDragon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BlackDeathDragon said:

You can't be expected to have a fair and square game on chaos. There will be spies and there will be stuff stolen... Everyone will aim to take advantage of the situation in any way possible.

The irony when this has to be told to a MR player. It's ironical as hell xD

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Booskii said:

I consider my self young in wurm terms 4 ish years and I'm just entering my PvP life as well as some friends "my age" are Also starting to dabble. So not dead just making room for the youngsters like us fresh blood is always good!

Four years to be able to dabble in PvP? O_o

• Like 2

A kingdom which has 2 puppet kingdoms is asking for sympathy from someone. 

Well MR want all land, wanna abuse every chance possible and get all kingdoms. if anything goes wrong in this plan. They all are like "i will quit, gms not supporting us."

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

The irony when this has to be told to a MR player. It's ironical as hell xD

Hahha.. says the guy who wastes half of the time he has to lie, spread rumours and in the end steal anything they can thru any and all means. Yeah its ironic. Btw why it has anything to do with MR? I am really interested in knowing.

• Like 2

All I see here is one person answering the question why he is quitting, the rest instead of guessing are only pouring more salt into the eyes of others... Keep that salt in here 

, cause once it will run out, the Chaos will most likely die...

You should also see all the accounts being sold privately within kingdoms.  Other than my own, there have also been a number that sold up in other kingdoms over the past few months.

Fact is, there's no one left on Chaos to PVP - everyone lives on freedom now, and the way they "attack" MR is by forum/PM trash talking, buying accounts and sneaking into villages to steal things, or by "magically" getting passwords to accounts that aren't theirs and stealing things.

The enjoyment of wurm for me, isnt about changing your password once a week and kicking inactive people out of your kingdom in fear of someone else getting a hold of old accounts - the fun is the community and actually playing the game.  Sadly, other people get more enjoyment out of the meta game, which as you can see from the fairly large exodus of PVP players - it's a very small few, and sadly GM/Rolf decisions show that it's a valid "gameplay mechanic".

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Naio said:

You should also see all the accounts being sold privately within kingdoms.  Other than my own, there have also been a number that sold up in other kingdoms over the past few months.

Fact is, there's no one left on Chaos to PVP - everyone lives on freedom now, and the way they "attack" MR is by forum/PM trash talking, buying accounts and sneaking into villages to steal things, or by "magically" getting passwords to accounts that aren't theirs and stealing things.

The enjoyment of wurm for me, isnt about changing your password once a week and kicking inactive people out of your kingdom in fear of someone else getting a hold of old accounts - the fun is the community and actually playing the game.  Sadly, other people get more enjoyment out of the meta game, which as you can see from the fairly large exodus of PVP players - it's a very small few, and sadly GM/Rolf decisions show that it's a valid "gameplay mechanic".

Sparta (Littlebear), Our Wall (Crimsonwolf),

End.

Edited by Fooligun
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

the pvp is legit dying in wurm, the population is at an all time low for all pvp servers, and a lot of big names are selling up on both servers now that an idea of a reset and/or a merge is no longer entertained. on top of this people are also tired of the fundamental problems that have yet to be addressed (and they keep getting shafted by them.) then ofc you also have players who are just quitting for irl which is a much smaller %.

keep in mind what you see on these forums is a small portion, a lot of people will sell inter-kingdom at much lower prices when they quit.

thats the truth of it. hopefully you read it before it gets deleted.

and if you don't believe me, heres my steam friendslist of people i've played with forever. since it's creation a few more people have quit. yellow are the people who only log in for large events. A few more premmed up that were red, but played for about a week and went straight back to inactivity. So there's that.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 4

I legitimately blame Nadroj getting a life back as the start of the decline of wild.

19 minutes ago, Naio said:

Flattens dirtwalls to make people quit > Targets their recruitment by making alts and putting them in enemy kingdoms and telling new recruits to join MR > Complains that no one lives on chaos anymore

HaH HaH HaH

I did not see any high accounts up for sale? Did i miss something?

• Like 4

Just now, whykillme said:

I did not see any high accounts up for sale? Did i miss something?

Aramisii, Red, Doctorchaos, Thirtynine, Demondan, Kix, Majorminor, Legionaire etc etc