Sign in to follow this  
DrB

Referrals as items

There are just too many scammers/thieves mingling with the honest people.

Just make the referral a piece of paper that if examined you say "Referral from <name>, give to another player to use for premium time."  The /use can actually add it. That way you actually trade something for the money versus working on trust. 

I realize that the referral was meant to give to a friend; however, I think the majority of the time they are just sold for coin.

• Like 3

I'd prefer starting a new alt with 7s in coins and dump the referral system.  That prevents new players from being conned out of their referral, simply because they never realized the value of them.

Edited by Wurmhole

+1

This would also make people who prem up once aware of the referral.  Examining it should perhaps suggest "Other players might pay you <x> silver for this"

is ok as is now...   just give it away as gift 

Why not to receive referral alongside with your spyglass? That would show dedication and willingness to invest into the game time and/or money as well as work towards Wurm being bigger and better place. :) 

I mean when you start you don't  start looking for referral and how to get more people into the game, are you? You start to experience the world, and with my suggestion, after a year of playing wurm and staying premium, you start thinking about your as well as Wurm's well being, right? :) 

Please forgive me if my post is irrelevant and I misunderstood the word referral and its purpose...

Actually I think this is a superb idea. +1  (Must be no-drop but mailable)

It also allows the future option of expanding on it (as an item) and having other values - e.g. a 10 days of premium coupon which could then be purchased from traders and so on, or given as loyalty rewards.

• Like 1

Bangzuvelis, I was referring to the referral you get the first time you go premium which most people sell for 6s (gives like 3 weeks of prem time).  I do like the idea you have of giving a premium referral "token" you can hand out to characters that have never been premium.  Get someone hooked on riding a horse and they'll never want to go back to non-prem =))