Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

One-way storage bin

This would really make more people play, and stay playing Wurm.

There should be a one-way chest you can place, say, in front of your deed. You set what you allow others to put in it and have it dispense silver (if need be) to the deliverer.

If you needed 5000 bricks, you could set the box to accept up to 5000 bricks (and only bricks), and for every 500 bricks, a silver is dispensed (to that person). You could simply make a topic in the forums saying 'Commission for 5000 bricks' with the co-ordinates, and then even if you logged out for a week, it would be there, and anybody that saw it would know that they could simply make bricks for you and earn silver at any time they wish (so long as the 5000 bricks haven't already been delivered).

There could be message boards in game telling you how many more bricks the person needs, and the pay for delivering the bricks (to the storage bin).

This would help new players stay - how many people have you seen that want to make materials for people, but can't find anyone online, on the same server, or even reading the same chat? And how many people have you seen that want materials made for them, but still, can't find the people to do it? I've seen this happen so many times and it's frustrating. 

This would simply make things advance further in Wurm, and retain more of the player population - more would be happening, you could get more done, there would be more trade, more materials, more silver, and more life (in every sense of the word) in Wurm.

• Like 5

Nice idea, though it could be slightly abused as a much larger self-storage solution for one type of item. (simply by paying yourself, or an alt to put your own bulk supplies into it)

In principle though, +1

JDBooker has a good idea, make this something you can use a merchant to do.  Give the merchant contracts to accept certain items for a price, and folks deliver to the merchant to get paid from the contract. +1

• Like 2

Great idea +1

Some games have this and it works great

2 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Nice idea, though it could be slightly abused as a much larger self-storage solution for one type of item. (simply by paying yourself, or an alt to put your own bulk supplies into it)

In principle though, +1

How about limiting it to be a BSB in size. You place an order for 5,000 bricks. It will accept up to 1,999 of them before you need to show up & empty it. If it's full it'll just tell whoever is trying to sell that the bin is full & to check back later. No game-breaking mechanics and it's still useful.

3 hours ago, zethreal said:

How about limiting it to be a BSB in size. You place an order for 5,000 bricks. It will accept up to 1,999 of them before you need to show up & empty it. If it's full it'll just tell whoever is trying to sell that the bin is full & to check back later. No game-breaking mechanics and it's still useful.

Would certainly seem much more in-keeping and not open to abuse - different items being different max amounts just as a BSB, so you could drop a few of them at the edge of your deed and if one is full, a player could try adding to the next one.

It's what personnel Traders should of been designed for from the start

• Like 2

Having something like this as an option for merchants was always something I've wanted, especially if you could set a pay option or barter besides coins.

For the larger bulk items, perhaps some means of linking an NPC merchant to a bulk bin.

+1 I like the idea if it would work on your merchant.. also what Klaa ^ said.. a barter option on your merchant to not only pay in coin, but the seller of the goods can also accept any items from your merchant as payment

Imagine setting it for bricks and some one comes along and loads it up with 1ql bricks cause they just started skilling.

It would be good, as was mentioned, to have this as something merchants can do!

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Imagine setting it for bricks and some one comes along and loads it up with 1ql bricks cause they just started skilling.

You could set a minimum quality of bricks on the merchant/storage bin.

10 hours ago, Klaa said:

Having something like this as an option for merchants was always something I've wanted, especially if you could set a pay option or barter besides coins.

For the larger bulk items, perhaps some means of linking an NPC merchant to a bulk bin.

This is what I was thinking.  Having a merchant linked to say a special bin just for such purposes.  Call it a Merchant Crate or whatever, and have it have the same qualities as a BSB (meaning only bulk materials that can be combined).  Such a storage unit could hold a set amount of materials (like a crate does) and max that at like 1-2k.

I've been toiling for a long time over how to make a trading HUB area where automated selling works.  The automated buying part I've already figured out, but the automated selling (others selling to the HUB) just isn't possible right now.  This could be helpful.

This is a fantastic idea.

All the people that are desperate to make materials for money could make it, and the people that want massive, beautiful things built for them could do so, in much faster time than they do right now - imagine how all the servers would look with such incredible things built.

On 09/03/2016 at 9:57 PM, Slickshot said:

This is what I was thinking.  Having a merchant linked to say a special bin just for such purposes.  Call it a Merchant Crate or whatever, and have it have the same qualities as a BSB (meaning only bulk materials that can be combined).  Such a storage unit could hold a set amount of materials (like a crate does) and max that at like 1-2k.

I've been toiling for a long time over how to make a trading HUB area where automated selling works.  The automated buying part I've already figured out, but the automated selling (others selling to the HUB) just isn't possible right now.  This could be helpful.

Yeah, this would be an amazing catalyst for all kinds of things in Wurm.

People will be trading a lot more, and so, travelling a lot more and meeting others, and with the extra people massive swathes of land could be beautified and made to serve the people of the land.

On Elevation, this would mean more trading settlements and trade, mammoth concrete fortifications on the borders of kingdom land terraformed to an elite level creating a breathtaking view from both near and afar, more deeds and connections and a much richer economy, literally taking Wurm to the next level - the player population would explode and the lands of Wurm will become very, very opulent and highly aesthetically pleasing.