Sign in to follow this  
sMartins

Realistic Survival Mod

Would be nice to have a completly realistic survival experience in Wurm...no fantasy mobs, etc...only wild animals and harsh enviroment where you die a lot if you don't take care of your character...what do you think about? someone is interested? Thx for the attention, Cheers

Edited by sMartins
  • Like 2

There's this really cool survival game that you die if you don't take care of your character, I think it's called real life. Just kidding! It's a good idea, but the modding abilities for Wurm are going down hill and would not find this a plausible idea until Code Club actually gives two craps about the modding community.

there's plenty of real animals in the game, just remove the fantasy ones.

maybe work on a similar version of the drowning system, but make it a 'hunger' wound when food or water bar drops to 0%

• Like 1

Yeah something like that...i guess is not too complicated, only remove fantasy stuff and if possible adding some negative buffs, like cold and hot or wet when it rains...and a chance to get diseased ( when too cold, or too wet, etc..), infection (don't threat wounds) and stuff like that...and maybe even a permadeath options on the server side...i have not coding skills, so i don't know if is possible or not...but would be very cool...a sort of "Don't Wurm" XD (Don't Starve + Wurm) but realistic.....or The Long Wurm...Haven & Wurm, and so on XD. 

Edited by sMartins

9 hours ago, JDBooker said:

maybe work on a similar version of the drowning system, but make it a 'hunger' wound when food or water bar drops to 0%

How exactly do you do that?  I've gone into the database to delete all the "lava roaches" (err spiders) and they only end up coming back again.  The game seems to respawn them regardless of whether you remove them from the game or not.

On 3/8/2016 at 4:18 AM, JDBooker said:

Are you saying there's a way to do this?  Our server has been overrun with sol demons for months now. When we kill them, Fo just sends more. I'd love to know a way to remove them, if you know of one.