Sign in to follow this  
whitefeather

message board

would like to see a message board that one can send to logged out players, so that when they log in, they will be notified of the message :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whitefeather said:

would like to see a message board that one can send to logged out players, so that when they log in, they will be notified of the message :)

You are looking for papyrus, a reed pen & ink. Press reed fiber into a papyrus sheet, fill a reed pen with black or red ink, activate the pen & right-click the papyrus and "Inscribe". Type in your message ( max length is based on reed pen ql - 121 + (Reed Pen QL * 2) characters ).

You can mail it from any spirit cottage for 1 iron coin.

It's worth noting that the pen also works with dyes.

For a long time now, there has been a kind of public message board in Glasshollow Market. It is basically a station with papyrus and dye-filled pens, which you inscribe and drop into a fountain where others will read from. You can use the mailbox the send the papyrus as a PM. 

I have also heard about using a pile of logs as a kind of "log mail", but your messages would be limited in length, requiring multiple logs per entry. 

6 hours ago, Pandalet said:

It's worth noting that the pen also works with dyes.

Yes, I forgot to mention that.

even with all the nice workarounds like papyrus, village MOTD/alliance MOTD and "log mail"...  i would still want a message-board item.

something like the village recruitment board, but local.

• Like 3

Whoa, how come all the people who are complaining that more people should be social and interactive and communal about buying mid-range items are not all over this thread saying me too and +1? Wouldn't this be a giant step toward community? Where's all the support I expected to see?

i like this idea alot, this should be seriously considered.  playing with people in other timezones would be greatly improved.

+1 and i think there's no need to go all complex here with pens and papyrus etc, just a comfortable interface any newbie could use without special tools and resources.

+1 I am all in for a message board. I would love books that could be written in to. Guestbooks, Bulk Order books, Librarys with little stories, all creative and funktional stuff that could be interesting for people that visit deeds. Would make the possibility of creating player lead events easier to.

• Like 2

Always been up for a bulletin board item one can craft; though, the OP seems to have something more in mind similar to the current ingame mail system.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/15-suggestions-amp-ideas/

Players can then nail their papyrus messages unto the board. Having Courier cast on the board would tell players when something was specifically posted for them.

Doesn't have to be a board; though, such could be coded ingame to preserve message decay.

Trees, wooden walls, and etc could be used as quickies.

Don't even need nails persay...

Edited by Klaa