Sign in to follow this  
wurmdoctor

Change potential griefing tools: shaker orb, rod of transmutation PvE + PvP, WO+WU.

Dear wurm community,

I'm an experienced mountaindweller and it came to my attention that the shaker orb and rod of transmutation can be easily used to grief tunnelsystems. Now with wurm unlimited even poor griefers can easily get their hands on these items. I've run some tests and players are able to use both items in and outside someone elses village, even with all the guards alive. Now griefers can jump into someone’s 14.000 slope high reinforced tunnelsystem, spam some cavewalls and turn them into ore veins, trapping the mountaindwellers for weeks.

I’d like to make four suggestions how to keep tunnelsystems more safe from griefing.

-1st, make it impossible for players to use shaker orbs and rod of transmutation inside someone elses settlement (and add using of these tools to role management à mining).

-2nd, make it impossible to use rod of transmutation outside your own settlement (who uses rod of transmutation outside settlements anyways except griefers)?

-3rd, give mayors the power to turn veins back to rock ondeed (rod of reverse transmutation?, more use of alchemy, dynamite?).

-4th, at least make it impossible to use rod of transmutation and the shaker orb when:

-players of another kingdom are in local

-not all the spirit templars are killed

-outside your own kingdom influence

Thank you for your time.

Feel free to discuss.

Happy wurming.

The first solution is the one that should have been implemented from the start in PVE deeds.  On  PVE Deed permissions should prevent anything like that.  

As far as PVP goes I have no clue.  I don't play there as it looks to me like the whole point of PVP is to go and grief anyone you can. Seems you can just do whatever you want on there so permissions would be silly in PVP. 

This would be a very expensive way to grief someone and I don't see it happening in WO.

If someone is willing to pay for all this on WO, bloody let them. I don't see it happening any time soon. Although tbh not letting people use this on other's deeds seems like a good idea.

As for suggestions 2 and 4, nah. Too restrictive.

3 is just silly, we have the mechanic for turning veins into rock, it's called mining.

If you insist on having 2, 3 and 4 in WU, take it up with the modding community.

lol no

and what about strongwall, remove that too?

edit: I can only talk about WO tho, i dont have WU

Edited by LorenaMontana

By all means feel free to come to my place and grief me by spawning 99ql veins in my mine

• Like 5

Not bad suggestions.  I think all the responses above are from PvP players, but in PvE, I sure as heck don't want someone dropping veins in my mines, without my permission.  Nothing should ever happen on my paid for land, without my permission.

Seems a couple quick permissions additions for mining would solve it.

Yes, I do believe this is more an issue for wurm unlimited due the wealth difference. However I do believe that on PvP enemy players shouldn't be able to remove reinforced tiles (ondeed) with simple shaker orbs. 

- Players cannot use rod of transmutation on reinforced walls which is great.

- Players can use rod of transmuation on cavewalls that they just spawned with a shaker orb in a fully reinforced mine within an enemy village (turning the reinforced cavefloor into a reinforced wall with a shaker orb would solve this imo).

In wurm we got these beautiful spells strongwall and disintegrate which players worked hard for to use and which cost a lot of time and effort to successfully cast. These spells can be stopped on PvE by role management which is great. On PvP: let players if they want to ''edit'' someone elses mine use strongwall and disintegrate and not a silly 1 skill alt with a shaker orb.

Wiki info:

On pvp server, you can now only disintegrate reinforced tiles inside enemy settlements if they were drained during the last 2 hours.

Awesome rule, applying this rule for both shaker orbs and rods of transmutation will make PvP a better place.

Edited by wurmdoctor

"Potential" griefing tools he says...