Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Murdering tower guards for positive alignment

Situation: Targeting, killing, and then burying a tower guard on a PvE server.

Expected behavior: Negative alignment for murdering a dude to offset the positive alignment from burying a dude, or possibly no alignment for burying a dude you had just murdered.

Actual behavior: Killing guards does not get you negative alignment(!!!), but burying one gives you +2 positive alignment, so the character gets a pretty nice alignment boost in exchange for murdering someone and disposing of the corpse.

Suggested fix: Negative alignment for killing same-kingdom tower guards.

I'm posting this in bug reports because it seems like unintended and exploit-like behavior that you can get alignment with a white light god by murdering someone.

I have no idea how much this applies to PvP servers.

MM I usually always killed the guards with my main for my priest to bury. He doesnt actually kill them...

But hey if u fix that, fix the constant random alignment drops first and then maybe we dont need to do that ;)

Edited by Tuga

4 minutes ago, Tuga said:

MM I usually always killed the guards with my main for my priest to bury. He doesnt actually kill them...

But hey if u fix that, fix the constant random alignment drops first and then maybe we dont need to do that ;)

Alignment drops are pretty minor and alignment is easy to regain even without this. There are plenty of options, especially if you aren't following a player god. Even if you are, though, there are a lot of things you can do. Alignment dropping over time is an intended behavior, and as such does not need "fixing". If you don't like it, that's cool, but that's what the Suggestions forum is for.

Edited by Ostentatio

Well, considering that u can only gain it doing certain actions and in small ammounts with a cooldown in the midle of 30minutes, I dont consider 1 full point drops small.

And my Vyn priest looses it everyday just standing in front of an altar, wich i dont really like since seems it also matters for enchanting.

If we need to do certain actions to gain it, we should need to do certain actions to loose it, like killing the guards.

4 minutes ago, Tuga said:

Well, considering that u can only gain it doing certain actions and in small ammounts with a cooldown in the midle of 30minutes, I dont consider 1 full point drops small.

And my Vyn priest looses it everyday just standing in front of an altar, wich i dont really like since seems it also matters for enchanting.

If we need to do certain actions to gain it, we should need to do certain actions to loose it, like killing the guards.

One point of alignment dropped per day is one action per day. You can handle doing one more action per day.

Seems fine and intended for me, nowhere do you get alignment penalties for killing things

2 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Seems fine and intended for me, nowhere do you get alignment penalties for killing things

Whether it's intended or not, we're going to need confirmation on, since it makes absolutely no sense for you to get positive alignment for burying someone you killed yourself twelve seconds prior. Getting alignment for burying a corpse makes sense in general, but why should I get positive alignment for murdering then burying someone? An alignment penalty for white-lighters killing same-kindgom NPCs is the most obvious solution, or possibly just not giving you burial alignment in that situation if you were the killer.

My alignment drops were huge at sermons where Tosiek priest(s) were present. Burying the guards (that I did not kill, btw) offered some much needed alignment. I don't see a problem with the way things currently are. It gives Vyn priests an opportunity to do sermons with Tosiek priests on already sparse servers without having to worry as much about alignment, as long as someone keeps supplying the corpses.

Doesn't need to be fixed imo and definitely doesn't need to be put in the bugs section bc it's obviously known to basically everybody.