Sign in to follow this  
bangzuvelis

ALCHE-MADNESS

36 minutes ago, Zachariah said:

Alright there check it out now and tell me if anything else should be added. I don't have a lot of experience with Transmutation Liquid so I don't know the mechanics behind it :P

Much better.  At least we have somewhere that players can go to get an example of how to do it and what to expect.  Others can maybe chime in with other things that would be helpful here.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Thank you for creating the page! We do have a stock image for liquids. I would not use the amphora.

4 tiles of TAR. Please note when making apple juice, you only lose ql of apples, but when failing with cherries, you lose .01 weight. 

Juice av ql: 12.00 Iron average ql: 91.00

pVU9LJ4.png

Can anyone confirm if they can be used on underwater tiles? I.e. if I wanted to change clay to dirt because it was in the way of a major road going through that area and the clay tile was under water. Would I have to raise said tile to change it? Could be some useful information to go on the page.

a good modify to the wiki article is that cherry juice plus moss is a working in game mix that turns peat to dirt. dont know if the one listed also works. 

5 hours ago, Hampsterman said:

a good modify to the wiki article is that cherry juice plus moss is a working in game mix that turns peat to dirt. dont know if the one listed also works. 

Good catch - the peat to dirt transmutation should be cherry juice and moss, not what is currently in the wiki.

I changed it to moss but once I hit save page. I realized how much moss? 10kg like every thing else?

11 hours ago, Zachariah said:

I changed it to moss but once I hit save page. I realized how much moss? 10kg like every thing else?

3kg of moss

8 minutes ago, Saicotic said:

3kg of moss

Thanks will change it right now. 

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Transmutation_liquid_(Feature)

The wiki states a small or large amphora can be used to create the fluid when in fact only the small amphora can be used in creation.

I created 220 kgs of fluid to transform a steppe into tar, when I did the transformation it used the full amount, not sure if this was because that was required due to the 33ql of the fluid or it just used whatever was in the jug.

Edited by JakeRivers

On 4/3/2016 at 0:31 PM, JakeRivers said:

The wiki states a small or large amphora can be used to create the fluid when in fact only the small amphora can be used in creation.

Check :)

For what it's worth, just did a series of transmutes for sand into clay, a 3x3 clay pit (9 tiles total), off-deed but within the walls of our village, on Epic - Serenity (home server).

Relevant data (trimmed QLs to whole numbers just for ease of reporting):

- Apples at 53ql average

- 75ql rare fruit press used to make juice

- Juice at 48ql average

- Tin lumps at 48ql average

- About half the actions were done with SB, half without

- 23 beverage skill at start, 29 at end

- 20 alchemy skill at start, 21.5 at end

- 37 natural substances skill at start, 40.5 at end

- Transmutation liquid output quality all over the map, from as low as the single digits to as high a 98ql

- Can confirm a correlation exists between quality of liquid and number of "doses" or applications needed for a given tile

- On average, output quality of liquid was between 45 and 55ql

- 5 apples and 10 tin lumps needed per dose of transmutation liquid.

Tile results:

1:  39 doses (195 apples, 390 tin lumps)

2:  32 doses (160 apples, 320 tin lumps)

3:  34 doses (170 apples, 340 tin lumps)

4:  27 doses (135 apples, 270 tin lumps)

5:  33 doses (165 apples, 330 tin lumps)

6:  23 doses (115 apples, 230 tin lumps)*  

7:  33 doses (165 apples, 330 tin lumps)

8:  27 doses (135 apples, 270 tin lumps)

9:  33 doses (165 apples, 330 tin lumps)

*worth noting, the general output QL of liquid for this tile was noticeably higher than others, averaging 65-75ql vs. 45-55ql, hence the lower dosage

Averages:  31.22 doses (156.11 apples, 312.22 tin lumps)

Totals:  281 doses (1,405 apples, 2,810 tin lumps)

Aggregating the time for this project is hard to quantify as exact amounts of materials were only revealed after the process was complete, not before, and harvesting obviously exceeded the needed quantity for a buffer.  Nevertheless, with ~70-90ql tools, most enchanted with WoA at 70 strength or higher, 90 mining, 55 forestry, and sufficient space to grow the vast majority of our apples in an orchard (vs. harvesting in the wild), I'd estimate the total time as follows:

- Apple planting and orchard management:  14 hours

- Harvesting apples:  9 hours (would say easily double that if done entirely in the wild)

- Mining and smelting tin:  5 hours

- Making juice:  5 hours

- Mixing, blessing, and applying:  3 hours

Net time investment:  approximately 36 hours, or 4 hours/tile with high-end stats, skills, and tools

Lastly, it should be noted, I tested the process of both mixing up, and/or blessing, and/or applying 1 dose of liquid at a time, vs. 2, 3, and 4 at a time, and there was no appreciable difference in the amount needed to transmute a tile.  The only differences could be seen based on QL - if you make one dose at a time and get a really low QL dose, you can blend it with a high QL dose.  If you make, say, 4 doses (2 kg of apple juice, 40 tin lumps) at a time and get a bad roll on the liquid QL, you'll end up having to make a lot more to either QL average it to a more reasonable level, or just make more in general to offset 20 kg of low-ql transmutation liquid applied to that tile.  But, at least in my testing, I found doing 4 doses per production batch, 2 kg of juice (pottery jar) and 40 tin lumps in the amphora, sped things along nicely.  Saves a bunch of favor only blessing 25% of the time (my stats above, would be about 70 casts vs. 281), and I didn't see any noticeable differences in the amount of liquid needed, or the overall QL output to be used on a given tile.  Based on the above, I recommend 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 (get to 20 doses applied), then, assuming you're more than three-quarters transformed based on example, do doses of 2 from there on out until "nearly transformed), then just do 1 at a time until it finishes.  Unless you're routinely putting out 80-90ql liquid, which would seem unlikely for most players, this method should save some time and headaches, though your experiences may differ! :P

End Result:

Spoiler

JOW5djG.jpg

This is kind of sideways to the topic but does apply as it is a process within the topic.

Do not combine fruit to press it, even using the crafting window. Any juice that will not fit into the press will evaporate. 30+ day lesson learned the hard way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Audrel said:

This is kind of sideways to the topic but does apply as it is a process within the topic.

Do not combine fruit to press it, even using the crafting window. Any juice that will not fit into the press will evaporate. 30+ day lesson learned the hard way.

lost some cherries the other day to this because I was not paying attention.

It was my understanding that fruit was not supposed to be something you could combine. I'll bring this up - it's either not intended, or should be taken into consideration

21 minutes ago, Keenan said:

It was my understanding that fruit was not supposed to be something you could combine. I'll bring this up - it's either not intended, or should be taken into consideration

Actually, it was olives. I did them when I did the others and I did them first so I didn't even attempt to combine them but I can check as I have not done apples yet. I'm pretty sure they can all be combined.

EDIT: Apples cannot be. Cherries can be. Strawberries, lingonberries, blueberries and olives can as well. However, they are not part of this process. I don't have any lemons to test with. They should be in season now or very soon. (Just checked and they are still not ripe)

Edited by Audrel

On 4/8/2016 at 10:19 PM, Keenan said:

Has been known for a while.

wurm.20160126.0344.png

pac_man_stitch_detail.jpg

Wakka-wakka-wakka.

• Like 3