Sign in to follow this  
kgorski

roof made out of copper

some king of roof type is missing in game :)  it can be made from "copper sheets", skill responsible for building that roofs can be for example Metalurgy, reason: it covers with patina, and you need to know how it works :)
patyna-ochrona-miedzianego-dachu_2.jpg

Edited by kgorski
  • Like 7

+1

Would also give additional use of copper :) 

Does it start all shiny and bling and then corrode?

Hmm.... oxidizing copper chain armour would be funny.

• Like 1

As someone who LOVES copper and the patina it creates, this would be awesome, perhaps something looking like this:

Roofs-3-1.JPG

• Like 1

+1 for this but i think we need to get more roof types first, possibility to vary angle and such.

Edited by zigozag

+1

But I would HATE to have to grind Metallurgy just to have access to it though.  Just imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proximo said:

+1

But I would HATE to have to grind Metallurgy just to have access to it though.  Just imo.

Good thing about copper, it doesnt need metallurgy

• Like 2

+1 for sure. I love both shiny new copper and aged copper roofs.  Just make it a choice, like classic stone and plain stone walls. 

+1 it was nice to be able to do roofs made of copper or gold

Edited by Kenshi

+1

The idea perfectly simple, and using copper sheets and rivets as a roofing material would be a natural addition.

Now the question is whether or not it will be green at creation, or after reaching a state of decay? In reality, the green layer that develops is actually serving to protect the copper from further oxidation, so it would not necessarily be a sign of damage. 

(bumping for mint roofs)

As suggested above: coloration could be toggled in a similar way to hammer/pliers being used to add/remove trim from building walls. 

If the greenish coloration would be due to decay, then I suppose someone would need to damage their deeded roofs after creation for the effect. The required damage to show green should be lower; the copper should only shine if it has been recently polished.

Nice idea.  I'd rather see marble shingle roofs first, however.

4 years ago i say and made topic like this about marble iron gold silver..   roofs...  sadly devs dont read us

+1, and Retrograde says it's ok so I expect it by Monday 7am!!!!!!! ^_~

+1 to the idea

On 6.3.2016 at 6:57 PM, Retrograde said:

Good thing about copper, it doesnt need metallurgy

currently floors have their own skill (paving), roofs need thatching, masonry or carpentry depending on the material type. so using metallurgy for this would make sense. maybe with a low total skill requirement, like 20-30ish, and make them impable to finally have another way of skilling metallurgy other than spamming out ridiculous amounts of lumps you never need anyways.

skilling paving by imping floors is a nice way to get those gains without paving a whole server with cobblestone. more ways to skill skills that are very limited would be welcome for sure.

Sounds cool, the more options the better!

Maybe use one of those wire brushes we use to remove paint to clean the copper occasionally and remove the patina if you don't like it?  Sort of a repair type thing between 65-85 damage.  Above 85, no patina.  Below 65 requires more copper sheeting, then brushing if needed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Arium said:

+1 to the idea

currently floors have their own skill (paving), roofs need thatching, masonry or carpentry depending on the material type. so using metallurgy for this would make sense. maybe with a low total skill requirement, like 20-30ish, and make them impable to finally have another way of skilling metallurgy other than spamming out ridiculous amounts of lumps you never need anyways.

skilling paving by imping floors is a nice way to get those gains without paving a whole server with cobblestone. more ways to skill skills that are very limited would be welcome for sure.

Metallurgy doesn't make sense at all for this, though. Metallurgy is about the composition of metals, not about attaching chunks of metal to roofs. If anything, it would be blacksmithing.

8 hours ago, Reylaark said:

Maybe use one of those wire brushes we use to remove paint to clean the copper occasionally and remove the patina if you don't like it?

Bonus if this isn't directly attached to the damage mechanic, so that a non-decayed copper roof can still have the patina if you want. After all, a green patina doesn't mean it's in bad shape.

• Like 1