Sign in to follow this  
Quil_Nye

New player maybe

I was wondering is this a subscription based game like world of warcraft  or a buy once game like Minecraft or a Free to play model Like Dungeons and dragons online?

I was also wondering what is the best PVE server and why and what is the Best PVP server and why.  

Also, the PVP servers are towns safe zones like in Minecraft or is there no safe zones like some Minecraft servers.

Well, I have Installed the game and at the prompt menu where is is currently updating game before I may press the play button.   so it is a Subscription based game with a free to play option that isn't really free to play because it really limits you on what you can do in the game.  kind of surprised no one has replied to this thread yet.  most forums I get a reply within 4min of posting.

WU is a buy once. BUT certain servers may have premium prices. You would have to visit the servers website to see what they have set for those.

Your personal server will not have that though. Your personal server will be set up how ever youd like it.

I cant say which is the best server as i dont play often on there.

As for the pvp safe zones, again youd have to visit the servers specific website to figure out what they have. Or you could ask around on that server :-)

If you click the IRC Chat tab at the top of the page, you can go into that then type "/join #wurmunlimited" and it will put you into the irc for WU questions and other ramblings.

Edited by Nicrolis

Wurm Unlimited, The steam version, and the section you posted this under, is pay once, As Nicrolis said. I think WU is around 30dollars.

Wurm Online, the MMO version, is a free to play with a premium model. WO is around 8-9 dollars per month for premium.

it cost me 43$ Australian and I tell you I couldn't go to a movie and nibbly's for that, and I've clocked up nearly 200 hours in 2 weeks. so yep WORTH IT

Yes don't confuse Wurm Unlimited, the buy-once standalone version, with Wurm Online which is a subscription based game (there is a free to play mode for WO but very limited). There are a few WU servers out there that might charge for some stuff but most don't.