Sign in to follow this  
AllThingsGaming

The state of PvP servers in WU

Recommended Posts

PvPing in Wurm has been some of the most fun I've had in a video game, and I know some of you feel the same way.

 

It's no secret the PvP servers in Wurm Unlimited are not as good as they could be. There are many servers with a low PvP population. Wouldn't it be much better if the players were consolidated? Achieving Wurm Online PvP numbers would be simply amazing. Logging in with 20, 30, 40 others online. Multiple fights per week and the thrill of a full map! It's even better than you think because it's all in WU where gear is not as difficult and time consuming to replace.

 

Whether it be because of neglectful admins or lack of interest because of low numbers, the Wurm Unlimited PvP servers are not living up to their maximum potential.

 

If you are interested in consolidating the PvP playerbase in Wurm Unlimited, please leave a comment below or PM me! All Things Gaming has recently launced our own server and wants PvP to be consolidated.

 

Please leave your thoughts and ideas below!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so consolidate on your server? ;) 

 

What about creating a pvp server alliance, where you all set the same rules on the servers, so characters achieve the same skill gains, etc, then linking the servers, for multi server raiding campaigns?  Make it more fluid and watch to see how populations migrate through the servers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I like the idea, I don't see it happeneing... WU = Semi-grown up Minecraft, and we all know there are 4,465,654,232,545 Minecraft servers, each with 15 or less average players.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're hoping we can accomplish this by allowing character transfers. You have to restart physically, but skill wise you can have your skills. We've had about 10 character transfers so far from a few PvP servers, it would be quite nice if we could finally get a decently populated PvP server with staff that care. 

 

@Wurmhole - I like the idea, but, that would require a fair amount of logistics and coordination between different server hosts. It would be best to have everyone on one large map, would create a great atmosphere for PvP and people can actually have fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've done the same thing, gone as far as to create our own Skill/meditation/faith app to import everything, as you've found, simple restart required due to database editing.

 

How will you be handling everyone's server?   Not all server owners will want to adapt to your ruleset (skillrate, timers, etc) so this would be pretty limiting on who'd join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

We've done the same thing, gone as far as to create our own Skill/meditation/faith app to import everything, as you've found, simple restart required due to database editing.

 

How will you be handling everyone's server?   Not all server owners will want to adapt to your ruleset (skillrate, timers, etc) so this would be pretty limiting on who'd join.

 

A server restart isn't required to import characters, it's a database injection. The character only needs to relog.

 

I don't think it would be viable to attach all the servers, many disagreements on moderating, etc. It's not a viable option, the best bet is to have one large PvP server run by one community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AllThingsGaming said:

 

A server restart isn't required to import characters, it's a database injection. The character only needs to relog.

 

I don't think it would be viable to attach all the servers, many disagreements on moderating, etc. It's not a viable option, the best bet is to have one large PvP server run by one community. 

 

Your under the assumption everyone is using the same server code or server mods. Several servers have custom code already in, I know that Bdew's PvE Blacklight server has custom code(Patch for steam auth) & Wyvern's backend has custom code injection or whatever, i forget what the hell he said xD. Im not sure about other servers like Mythmoor, Desolation, KangaWU Or any number of the other populated servers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akaedis said:

 

Your under the assumption everyone is using the same server code or server mods. Several servers have custom code already in, I know that Bdew's PvE Blacklight server has custom code(Patch for steam auth) & Wyvern's backend has custom code injection or whatever, i forget what the hell he said xD. Im not sure about other servers like Mythmoor, Desolation, KangaWU Or any number of the other populated servers. 

 

A very valid point indeed! Never the less, I do not think that linking servers would work out very well. It would cause way to many issues and disagreements in how to run servers, etc. I think our best option is to put everyone onto one server where people actually care about PvP, most communities add a PvP server just because a few here and there want it. Not because the communities truly care about populating it and making it a great server. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this