Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Odynn's Merry Men

Hi there, we love uniques as much as you and that's why we kill them super fast!

We are a group of fighters who will come to you and help you trap/kill the unique that you have located. No matter how noobish you are we will provide you with all the intel and logistic to learn how to do it on your own next time.

Since we get most of the loot for free already, we will let you keep the lion share, you found the darn thing after all.

And if you want, we can roll the remaining charges or whatever between your friends and our fighters, no more fair than that either.

Contact me for more informations!

• Like 13

Just now, DoctorAngus said:

finally some fair fights! :ph34r:

Would require the details how Mr. Odynn would like to divide the charges fairly?

4 hours ago, Gaul said:

Would require the details how Mr. Odynn would like to divide the charges fairly?

use of : https://www.random.org/ for anything left to roll

teaching how to kill your own uniques on your own server is better than giving away your charges, hide, potions like your thread suggest anyway.

Edited by Odynn
fix due to moderations edit.

I'd call Odynn for sure, every time I pen a unique.

• Like 1

Excuse me but someones morale aint against game rules. ;D

So what's the fuzz about those uniques, why sooo many thread (and sarcastic copy/paste).

Uniques are currently worth a lot for whoever is able to kill them with their own crew. The main goal behind this thread is to give YOU the player, skilled or not, the ability to do it on your own / learn to do it on your own. Having help from a crew is always nice, but do you really think they need to keep the biggest share of the loot when you found the unique ... and maybe manage to pen it. No, not at all.

Finding the creature is either a matter of luck (if you are looking at this thread, you should probably keep running away from it's fang, club, fire breath) or time spent with multiple ways either by view or spell, this take time and you should be rewarded for your efforts (even if it's to save your finely roasted ass(ets)).

Currently, even if Rolf stated otherwise, we can pen the beast. Quite a few ways, but always involving the same trickery... which is a cave and a collapse. Further details upon request.

As i said above, they are worth a bit of cash... enough to make peeps go crazy over it. hence why you need to protect your unique and the soon to be unique fight area. It's wurm, deed it or lose it.

Depending on the creature / conditions (a champion red dragon is not as cool as a diseased goblin leader) you will need priests for heals, stamina and fighters with enough skills in a two handed weapon and a decent armor. This is once again where we can help you by providing you the good names, gear or assistance.

Uniques are fun, uniques belong to everyone willing to invest themselves in their hunts. Don't let them slip through your fingers.

Contact the merry men!

Edited by Odynn
adjusted to recent event
  • Like 6

The hunts are some of few occations that we really gather and have fun together, not only for the hunt but doing sermons and other things together in same time.

• Like 3

Nota : Beer not provided by the merry men! (Blame Rolf for that).

Altars building included for sermons and priest support though! Make your hunts more than a greed meeting, contact the merry men and be happy! (or dead, happens sometimes, tents needed).

• Like 1

Oh well, I didn't mind dying that time I died :) 

I totally enjoy beeing one of the healers!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Odynn said:

Nota : Beer not provided by the merry men! (Blame Rolf for that).

Altars building included for sermons and priest support though! Make your hunts more than a greed meeting, contact the merry men and be happy! (or dead, happens sometimes, tents needed).

MERRY MEN AND WOMEN * ;)

• Like 2

Seeing that thread was watched lately, time for another tip.

Trust your "real" friends and always wear multiple nolocate jewelry in the case of any attempts someone else might use to steal the unique you are trying to pen.

There is no monopoly on uniques and you can manage your own with a bit of help and the right people (which may or may not include your servitor). Unite behind someone you trust on your server, form a group of at least 5/8 peeps with the needed gear and ask for support when you need it for the bigger ones.

Get your rules straight from the start (ie : how you share the loot, hit the beast, tank it, heal the tank / fighters) and have fun.

:)

Edited by Subie

Oh boys (ladies and gentlemen too), seems like our concurrent are glorifying themselves with a hunt they have done in January to get some more opportunity to scam you. (Also, if those threads come to disappear or be altered in any ways, i have some nice screenshot to replace my chibby links).

The merry men existed in spirit way before we even had a name, our main goal through all those years was always to provide help to those in need. (yah, i know, we sucks at being sell-swords). Did we leave with 2/3 of a valrei charge, nope, did we left only a bone to chew on to the locals, nope, want proof of our doings, tadam :

Depending on the situation we provided extra damage, priests and/or knowledge, Almost 2 years now from our first hunts, situation have evolved, techniques as well but our will is still the same, helping out without scamming you!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Oh boys (ladies and gentlemen too), seems like our concurrent are glorifying themselves with a hunt they have done in January to get some more opportunity to scam you. (Also, if those threads come to disappear or be altered in any ways, i have some nice screenshot to replace my chibby links).

The merry men existed in spirit way before we even had a name, our main goal through all those years was always to provide help to those in need. (yah, i know, we sucks at being sell-swords). Did we leave with 2/3 of a valrei charge, nope, did we left only a bone to chew on to the locals, nope, want proof of our doings, tadam :

Depending on the situation we provided extra damage, priests and/or knowledge, Almost 2 years now from our first hunts, situation have evolved, techniques as well but our will is still the same, helping out without scamming you!

This too good, GL to you Odynn and merry men!

In the light of a recent event (grats to all involved).

Having 50 skill in a 2-handed weapon to be involved in a slaying is a lie. You can land hits on a dragon with a huge axe (DragonD - Nimb - LT) and 1.0 skill in hit, you won't land a lot of hits, but way more than with a longsword. And all the extra damage is the difference between a living unique ... and a dead one.

A decent plate armor, Fo(s) priests to keep you alive and you are all set.

Was a fun kill, any one else notice those creepy boy and girl statues in  every ones tents though?

(we will specify in any further contract that nicrolis will be forbidden to bring a chisel...).

But he raise good point at least... tents will keep you safe (from walking for hours to get back in action that is).

• Like 1