Sign in to follow this  
AceRifle

Challenge type server with cash prize

Challenge server with cash prize  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play on a challenge type server with cash prize and resets?

• Yes
    • Might look into it

Hey everyone,  

I was readying the forums today and came up with this idea. A challenge pvp server with a cash prize for winners.

What i'm thinking about is making a pvp server with resets. At the end of the month the person with most battle points gets like $50 or something. I really miss the pvp community. Its pretty much dead on WO and split in WU.  This might make more people join. I just hate seeing all the pvp servers with 1-5 people on at a time. $50 out of my own pocket and maybe a $1 fee to join. Then we can have more contest like a video contest. The video with the best pvp footage and  voice com get x amount of $.

This kind of server would take some time setting up. I'm willing to put time into it. I'll try to make this server and the first round as enjoyable as possible. As much as i want to play and pvp I'll sit out and be a GM for the first round. I would also need help. If your interested in helping out send me a PM. I'll be very strict and selective that way we wont have any favoritism for any group when the server starts.  

I'm open to ideas and thoughts. Obviously there are some flawless to this idea so if you can voice your opinion I'll try to work towards the best compromise. What would you want to see from a server like this?

This is just and idea. If i get enough people interested. I'll start the next stage which would be rules and restrictions (How high starting skills should be etc).

~Ace

Edited by AceRifle
  • Like 1

This type of thing will never work because just like the first round of challenge it was proven that people will game the system and farm their friends for rewards.

I am all game for competition but anytime there are prize rewards it just encourages people to abuse the system whenever possible.

-challenged (the person who should have won most of the things from the first round of challenge but lost due to the fact that someone farmed their friends and abused the system)

Edited by TradingAlt

no because this game requires little to no skill, just time and numbers.

Edited by Propheteer

if only there was a free for all type of thing where you can get rank off anyone you kill.

Challenge type of server not so much, But a tournament would be interesting. Run brackets, Top three get X portion of prize pool. To make it more interesting, Could have it be duo's or group play. Livestream or record the tournament too, post it on youtube. 

People will exploit the hell out of it in every way possible to get the reward... Whatever you do they will still find ways to exploit for profit.

A challange like server without any reward would be fun.. maybe this way we'll keep the shady guys out.

6 hours ago, emoticondnd said:

People will exploit the hell out of it in every way possible to get the reward... Whatever you do they will still find ways to exploit for profit.

A challange like server without any reward would be fun.. maybe this way we'll keep the shady guys out.

Welcome to wurm!

How about a PVE challenge as well?

Players with the largest amount of gold/silver coins etc win. No bounties on animals, just crafting and earning an honest buck selling to traders. Give a personal trader agreement to every player so they can have a trader on their own property to sell to. The trader must also have practically unlimited cash to buy with or be automatically topped up every day.

I'd say yes to that since I am not a PVP player.

Edited by Tryst