Sign in to follow this  
Pingpong

New use for taunting

After some thought while out hunting, I wondered if taunting could be used on mobs you were trying to pull to you but weren't in combat with you. I think it would probably need a short range, say 15 or 30 tiles, and would be a nice replacement for throwing grass or meat filets at mobs trying to aggro them to you when you're on a horse in a spot you can't or don't want to dismount to reach them. This would allow a way to use the taunting skill for which we have almost no normal uses for in pve land and allow pvp players to use while hunting as well.

• Like 7

+ 1 Great idea, sometimes those mobs are just out of reach / agro range and don't want to archer them so they shoot straight up a cliff face. Would suggest a reasonable max range of 10-15 tiles.

Opportunity to add some funny one liners too "Hey troll, that loin cloth makes your backside look fat" - you successfully taunt the aged fat troll, and now have its attention.

Aye something for pulling aggro at a distance would be handy.

Aside from dancing around naked with pieces of raw meat strapped to oneself.

I like the idea. Yes there is archery but a lot of mobs just don't get aggro on an arrow hit.