Sign in to follow this  
Namekat

Trade Channel Fee

A fee in silver iron or copper per character of a trade chat message. This will promote trades and reduce spam.

The fee could be raised each time someone re sends in a window of time.

OR, Limit the amount of times you can type in trade channel per day. Example: 5 times per 24 hours(server uptime)

i love how ppl traffic cop trade channel

reality is trade channel is a slow moving chat even when someone spams.  Imagine if there were 5k players and trade chat.  Still should never cost for chat lol... who are you AOL?

• Like 3

Convoluted solution to a simple problem. There are other methods to advertise and I like the way the trade channel is now.

what i like about the trade channel is that the WTS spam is lower in the regular chats, a cost attached to post there would move that spam back.. so -1

• Like 3

Just now, KaiH said:

what i like about the trade channel is that the WTS spam is lower in the regular chats, a cost attached to post there would move that spam back.. so -1

Oh wow didn't even consider this. I think the thread dies on this actually.

trade chat does a great job of consolidating spam to one disableable tab :)

as current usage proves people will always bypass the system (ie using PC and then typing as normal)

charging for it would just make people bypass it and spam in other channels. defeating the whole purpose of it.

it's a great spam filter! if it aint broke dont fix it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, akaedis said:

OR, Limit the amount of times you can type in trade channel per day. Example: 5 times per 24 hours(server uptime)

+1

Better idea: Get CMs to pay attention to the trade chat enough that spam and conversation is reasonably discouraged.

Even if you limited it I would just spam it on my alt/priest/friend

Don't limit it.

-1.  I'm not sure what you consider spam, but compared to any other game's trade channel, this is pretty casual and easy to follow.  Sometimes it looks like someone spammed, because they post, then post again in 30 min, yet nobody else posted in that time.  Can't think of a single issue I've seen with the channel.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

No. Just no.

I 100% agree with Shrimpiie.

What's next, a fee to post in GL chat or only have to be prem. to talk in chat channels? Please NO. We are not all made of cash. I see some small portion of maybe where you are coming from, but if the spam gets really bad just do /support and get a chat mod to look into it. ... 

Edited by polarbear

I would like a channel specific ignore button. No fee though; -1

The trade channel's not fast at all. When there was no trade channel months ago, that spam would be brought into kingdom chats. The fact that we have a trade channel is an upgrade.

Let's not downgrade the channel by adding some unneeded fee please.

I would rather see several trade channels, seperated as Bulk, Jobs, Enchanted, Blank, Rare etc.

I am one of those players where for the first  couple of years of play I got around by selling 1k bricks and mortar together and only 1k at a time to pay for rent.  If I were charged to find a buyer I would not have even done that.  If it because you don't want to see advertised stuff on a channel that is Intended for it why not just add a /ignore feature so you never get to see a message from that player ever again?