Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

crops not growing in latest patch

I tried the beta, previously and it did the same thing, you plant crops, I have them set to 0.1 and they don't grow, in v1 it works fine

anyone else getting this, I see a few folks on steam are having the same issue,

Probably related to some of the changes they made that Sklo found:  It broke a Mod that prevented crop decay:

Thread:

"The bug comes with a second class the TilePoller class which polls croptiles too now. The method was there from day one, they seem to have activated it so it also polls the crop tiles now.

Class: TilePoller

Method: checkEffects

But the bug comes from this awful feature management which is bugged like hell. if (!Features.Feature.CROP_POLLER.isEnabled()) { }  //why NOT?

No idea why you want to use the code when it is disabled not really getting why the ! - NOT is there

"Not sure why they added this it makes no sense at all. When you turn this second crop tile poller off then it is turned on.... But well this feature management is awful and completly bugged.

Edit: The NOT ! has been there also in the previous code revisions, so seems that they fixed something within the feature management and broke this, because the NOT maybe is a bug? not sure..."

does this also affect vanilla versions as well? as i'm not using mods of any kind, mainly because I don't know how to get them to work, so i'm probably missing a lot in that respect.

Hi Everyone,

I have spoken with the dev team and it appears this is due to the feature being disabled in Feature Management.

To fix, a Dev account (I believe an Arch GM may be able to too) Can activate their ebony wand, and right click the wand > Creatures > feature management, then select the following

OcXxVKD.png

(Click override and enable on Crop tile poller split)

With that enabled the growth timer will then work!

Hope that helps everyone until we get a hotfix out.

Retrograde
Community Relations

From steam. hope it helps!

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure you need to restart the server after enabling that. CropTilePoller.initializeFields is called on startup with that feature enabled, and it won't do anything if the server was started without it.

• Like 1

So.... what does "Crop tile poller split" mean anyway?

Looks like Fields are growing in a mess now, totally random grow time.

It means that crop processing is split into a separate mechanism. 

Disabled - Crop growing is processed along with all the other tile changes (grass spreading, etc.). The process slowly goes through all the tiles in a server in a pseudo-random pattern.

Enabled - Crop growing is processed separately, in batches for all crops on the server at once. - This was the default before 1.0.0.3

The hotfix supposedly fixed whatever caused this setting to change, i'm not sure if it toggles it back for those that had it changed, or just prevents it from being changed on servers that didn't run the un-hotfixed version.

You can check in the features window (see what @Retrograde posted above). If it's enabled - everything is ok; if it's disabled - enable it and check override, then restart the server.

I did enable that on Day 1 of the Patch, but now grow speed of Fields is out of controll.

I have Ago's latest mod loader, I did what Retrograde said above as Dev, window did not pop back up indicating that it probably did not take. Crops still stagnant. I rebooted server 10 minutes ago after performing Retrogrades suggestion above, will see tonight if crops are growing again.

Crops seem to be working again after the reboot. Haven't harvested yet but I did see growth progress.

I am using a service for my server, I did the enable like it posted  on the crop tile  in feature management stopped the server and restarted no change with crops. I set the timer for 24 hours previously is there a good timer that works so the crops will not grow in 3 hours and  be weeds at 4 hours. Also since we are using an outside company for a server will they have to make adjustments on there end?

Edited by xmistyblue
wording was wrong

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:32 PM, xmistyblue said:

I am using a service for my server, I did the enable like it posted  on the crop tile  in feature management stopped the server and restarted no change with crops. I set the timer for 24 hours previously is there a good timer that works so the crops will not grow in 3 hours and  be weeds at 4 hours. Also since we are using an outside company for a server will they have to make adjustments on there end?

Problem solved the crop tile in feature management did work.