Sign in to follow this  
TwistaX

Nogump change..

Nogumps are powerful..   I understand that..   But why are they so fast and suffer 0 movement penalties on different terrain?

How do you expect new players to enjoy the game if they have no way to escape such a creature who moves so fast and has no penalties?   Also the Nogump has such a high aggro range and movement that it will tend to spawn camp said new players.

Are there any changes planned to the Nogump?

• Like 1

They're so powerful they defy the art teams ability to read. "Two headed giant with a huge two handed sword" is it? :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TwistaX said:

Nogumps are powerful..   I understand that..   But why are they so fast and suffer 0 movement penalties on different terrain?

How do you expect new players to enjoy the game if they have no way to escape such a creature who moves so fast and has no penalties?   Also the Nogump has such a high aggro range and movement that it will tend to spawn camp said new players.

Are there any changes planned to the Nogump?

Agreed, how can we change this insane aggro creature, or at least it's spawn rate?

main issue is the special abilities that can a) stun you for 10 seconds making you helpless and b ) throw you from your horse....or throw your horse, also making you helpless.

edit - Both of these things can happen instantly and the movement speed of these creatures makes it very possible to never even see it coming before you're doomed, there's almost no possibility for player skill to come into it.

Edited by Nadroj
Adding a bit more info

8 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

main issue is the special abilities that can a) stun you for 10 seconds making you helpless and b ) throw you from your horse....or throw your horse, also making you helpless.

edit - Both of these things can happen instantly and the movement speed of these creatures makes it very possible to never even see it coming before you're doomed, there's almost no possibility for player skill to come into it.

lets not forget the randomness

i've had drakespirits spawn on me before and in literally the same exact second of them spawning i have been thrown from my horse and chainstunned.

the same can happen with nogumps.

Edited by Propheteer

I would love to see nogumps added to the freedom isles along with all those other valeri creatures

• Like 3

Just now, JakeRivers said:

I would love to see nogumps added to the freedom isles along with all those other valeri creatures

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

They were on freedom briefly (correct me if I'm wrong) but were removed / never spawned because of the abilities mentioned and ofcourse the ability of the spirit critters to fly through walls ( freedomers don't keep minehops, ((who knew) Ahhhhhhaaaahhhhhaaaaaahhhhaaa get it))

Throwing just needs to be removed from eaglespirits/nogumps (but keep on avatars/uniques), with how much they spawn (literally will just dump globs of 10 in random spots) it adds literally nothing to the game and just serves for frustration only especially when an eagle threw you and did 2 dmg to you but a bear killed your horse before you can get back there because it threw you 10 more times within 2 minutes despite the fact you can kill them easily otherwise without risk of dying

• Like 3