Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

How to block arrows

In this tutorial you will learn how to block incoming arrows from enemy archers in 3 easy steps.

1. Confirm that you are wearing a shield
  2. Determine the direction of your attacker
  3. Turn so that your attacker is slightly beyond the left hand side of your screen

Watch this short video for an example of these three easy steps put into practice, so that you know what to do when the time comes to defend yourself. 

And there you have it, you now no longer need be harmed by enemy archers.

make sure you stop the boat for stam too
mlg

you do realize that you turned so far to the right that you are literally blocking with the last 10-20 degrees (from where we were) of your shield rather than doing it properly like this where you have much more control because you can see what people are doing and still have buffer space for the small radius that isn't actually on screen.

also, that picture i linked is quite old and is inaccurate with the might part. about half of that won't hit you and the entire rest of the screen will. if you have no stamina you won't block at all.

EDIT:

far better representation from a topdown view

8f9c9f4cb0.png

and yes in that video i do realize there are two boats, but you turned so far you were almost open to the one on the left when you couldve just faced forward to the right slightly and blocked all of them

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 4

Jock why you spreading incorrect information. Cyberhusky tried that in shanks vid and look how it turned out for him. Dont think he blocked a single arrow

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

you do realize that you turned so far to the right that you are literally blocking with the last 10-20 degrees (from where we were) of your shield rather than doing it properly like this where you have much more control because you can see what people are doing and still have buffer space for the small radius that isn't actually on screen.

also, that picture i linked is quite old and is inaccurate with the might part. like half of that won't hit you and the other half will. if you have no stamina you won't block at all.

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Dont think he blocked a single arrow

blocking is broken rolf pls fix

Just now, Stik said:

archery is broken rolf pls fix

ftfy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

also, that picture i linked is quite old and is inaccurate with the might part. about half of that won't hit you and the entire rest of the screen will. if you have no stamina you won't block at all.

EDIT:

far better representation from a topdown view

8f9c9f4cb0.png

and yes in that video i do realize there are two boats, but you turned so far you were almost open to the one on the left when you couldve just faced forward to the right slightly and blocked all of them

if you're mlg like me u only need 10-20 degrees

How to best avoid arrows in pvp... make sure other people are wearing targets.