Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Transmutation liquids live

• Transmutation Liquid which convert tiles and make it possible to create resources such as clay are now live on Epic and Freedom, but currently disabled on Chaos until we’ve evaluated the effects a bit more. Epic requires kingdom influence to create.
  • Changed animal pregnancy examine message to show that it is the days remaining.
  • Fix for double pray in menu when deity is mountain god and water god.
  • Fix for fences blocking surface mining when they should not.
  • Prevented some crude items being used for sacrifice missions.
  • Fixed an issue with unload_cargo, where you could use the bind on the contents of a crate, which would bug it out.
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Transmutation Liquid which convert tiles and make it possible to create resources such as clay are now live on Epic and Freedom, but currently disabled on Chaos until we’ve evaluated the effects a bit more. Epic requires kingdom influence to create.

Should be a pve only update, and why choose only epic?

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Transmutation Liquid which convert tiles and make it possible to create resources such as clay are now live on Epic and Freedom, but currently disabled on Chaos until we’ve evaluated the effects

epic and chaos are both pvp servers if you didn't know, which means they'll have the exact strategic value and a similar application, so either you don't know the effect this will have or you do, which is just a contradiction unless it doesn't matter what the effect is on epic

not to mention that this update is just one out the gorillions of updates the past year which makes it easier to be on the defence, makes it way easier to be docile and just sit on deed all day doing valrei missions because you'll pop someones territory and they'll know that you're out and they'll call everyone back on deed, the less pvp there is, the less players there is

staleness in general and having the mechanics stacked so hard against you for being aggressive in pvp due to mechanics will just deter pvpers from being aggressive which in turn is what creates pvp

valrei also needs a serious look at considering the most efficient way to do missions is to sit on your homeserver with all your population churning out spindles to sacrifice inside the starterdeed while the intent of missions was to create pvp

missions to win hota where everyone who caps a pillar the first time gets 250 scenario points & karma or missions to cap cappable enemy towers or "kill x enemy players above 1050 rank" etc, missions should also fluctuate in their effect on valrei and the rewards they give, saccing some spindles or killing 20 wild cats should barely have any effect & little reward while doing enemy homeserver missions or killing enemy players should give high reward & effect

Edited by changer
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

i went on the test server to test them, and the update notes said to contact a gm in irc to get help.

well the test server doesnt spawn you as a priest anymore, and i was entirely ignored in irc, so with no way to actually bless the liquids there's no way to test them

the test server is a LIE

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

i went on the test server to test them, and the update notes said to contact a gm in irc to get help.

well the test server doesnt spawn you as a priest anymore, and i was entirely ignored in irc, so with no way to actually bless the liquids there's no way to test them

the test server is a LIE

Chillax.  Most people online in irc aren't watching irc.  This doesn't mean they are ignoring you on purpose.  Rage is not the answer.

Edited by Slickshot

another dumb update, like do you even think before pushing stuff live? especially on pvp...

i thought this will never be a thing on pvp, but hell, i also thought the leading horses ###### wouldnt be on pvp.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Chillax.  Most people online in irc aren't watching irc.  This doesn't mean they are ignoring you on purpose.  Rage is not the answer.

Thats the poorest excuse ever. IRC is basically designed specifically for contacting people or group chat. You can ping them, PM them, Make noise on there PC if they have it set, You could even play a windows ring tone if the IRC lets it. Not only that, Even if there not there you can leave a message and come back later and they should see it. 

Only reason one wouldnt get a response is there intentionally ignoring it, Thats all. 

If i see a peat defences near castle glittercrown it would have all made sense

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, akaedis said:

Thats the poorest excuse ever. IRC is basically designed specifically for contacting people or group chat. You can ping them, PM them, Make noise on there PC if they have it set, You could even play a windows ring tone if the IRC lets it. Not only that, Even if there not there you can leave a message and come back later and they should see it. 

Only reason one wouldnt get a response is there intentionally ignoring it, Thats all. 

Opinion.  Not fact.  Can we stop with propaganda and slights at every turn?  This behavior as of late is childish, and unbecoming.  I believe most of us [community] are grown adults who can, indeed, act with some dignity, responsibility, and respect. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

If i see a peat defences near castle glittercrown it would have all made sense

ummmm lawn is the best dirtwall type...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

ummmm lawn is the best dirtwall type...

Are you insulting my steppe?

3 hours ago, changer said:

epic and chaos are both pvp servers if you didn't know, which means they'll have the exact strategic value and a similar application, so either you don't know the effect this will have or you do, which is just a contradiction unless it doesn't matter what the effect is on epic

not to mention that this update is just one out the gorillions of updates the past year which makes it easier to be on the defence, makes it way easier to be docile and just sit on deed all day doing valrei missions because you'll pop someones territory and they'll know that you're out and they'll call everyone back on deed, the less pvp there is, the less players there is

staleness in general and having the mechanics stacked so hard against you for being aggressive in pvp due to mechanics will just deter pvpers from being aggressive which in turn is what creates pvp

valrei also needs a serious look at considering the most efficient way to do missions is to sit on your homeserver with all your population churning out spindles to sacrifice inside the starterdeed while the intent of missions was to create pvp

missions to win hota where everyone who caps a pillar the first time gets 250 scenario points & karma or missions to cap cappable enemy towers or "kill x enemy players above 1050 rank" etc, missions should also fluctuate in their effect on valrei and the rewards they give, saccing some spindles or killing 20 wild cats should barely have any effect & little reward while doing enemy homeserver missions or killing enemy players should give high reward & effect

Given that I gave up a lot of personal time to be available for testing over the last few weeks, and even posted notices here, I don't see the validity of the complaint.

You had a chance to test it. You had a chance to see it for yourself. The reason it's being held back on Chaos is because the members of that community gave feedback about the feature, where the overall feedback from Epic alone was positive.

There's a lesson in this: FEEDBACK. FEEDBACK. TESTING and FEEDBACK.

That is all, and I hope to see you at the next Test!

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Given that I gave up a lot of personal time to be available for testing over the last few weeks, and even posted notices here, I don't see the validity of the complaint.

You had a chance to test it. You had a chance to see it for yourself. The reason it's being held back on Chaos is because the members of that community gave feedback about the feature, where the overall feedback from Epic alone was positive.

There's a lesson in this: FEEDBACK. FEEDBACK. TESTING and FEEDBACK.

That is all, and I hope to see you at the next Test!

One person does not represent Epic as a whole. I understand chaos members are more vocal than epic members but that does not mean epic agreed to this change. Also chaos members were opposed of it being added to PVP servers, where is EPIC  is a PVP CLUSTER! Only post in a quick search I could find that supports it.

182c8a8821.png

Edited by Egard

Just now, Egard said:

One person does not represent Epic as a whole. I understand chaos members are more vocal than epic members but that does not mean epic agreed to this change. Also chaos members were opposed of it being added to PVP servers, where is EPIC  is a PVP CLUSTER!

182c8a8821.png

That wasn't the only source of Feedback. Again, my point stands.

If you disagree with something, Feedback. PROPER feedback. Trolling != Feedback. Trolling is ignored.

Steps for proper feedback

1) If available on Test, log in.

2) Test.

3) Consider results.

4) Formulate a reply with information useful to the design and development of the game.

5) "This sucks" and "This will ruin PvP" are not examples of proper feedback. (They're called opinions)

If I sound bitter, I might be. I put a lot of time in to help the community do the proper feedback needed and the result was maybe a dozen people? Out of how many?

I said the same thing about Permissions, about Bridges, and I will say it about this. Test and Feedback or sit back and hold on.

• Like 12

I think all of Codeclub AB (that means volunteers aswell) need to realize that although epic and chaos are seperate clusters and somewhat different gameplay from eaxh other both communities while saying "this will hurt pvp" means that will hurt ALL pvp servers the same.

Why is it so hard for Codeclub AB to just hold back these types of updates untill a good amount of live testing in freedom servers is had... This alone would help solve many issues. Patiance for gods sakes! 

I also want to point out one very very important thing... So many players have lost hope on wurm and its because of the shat like this... Thats the reason why there are less and less vocal people. Most people feel even if they say something it will get burried in a 15 page thread that only ends up being locked by a forum mod for "running its course".

Stop for a second and really listen or wurm will be gone before you know it.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Keenan said:

If you disagree with something, Feedback. PROPER feedback. Trolling != Feedback. Trolling is ignored.

2) Test.

3) Consider results.

4) Formulate a reply with information useful to the design and development of the game.

5) "This sucks" and "This will ruin PvP" are not examples of proper feedback. (They're called opinions)

If I sound bitter, I might be. I put a lot of time in to help the community do the proper feedback needed and the result was maybe a dozen people? Out of how many?

I said the same thing about Permissions, about Bridges, and I will say it about this. Test and Feedback or sit back and hold on.

So because our posts disagree with you its trolling ? Lovely stand point to take there, that's high quality PR. I personally did not go on the test server but know this is a terrible update for pvp servers and that's not just a opinion its a fact. 90% or more of deeds on PVP server consists of dirt wall, which when raided generally are either leveled flat or dug down making a ramp way in. When you consider the difficulty of removing 300 slope tile of tar / clay versus removing of dirt, or the speed in which walk on these terrain lets say because you want to climb in instead. How fast do you walk/climb on tar/clay versus dirt ? Also you mentioned about a dozen people only feedback do you think that's enough feedback to implement something that will literally effect hundreds of players ? No one is question the time you put in either, but as it stands if you can't take criticism or  be open minded enough to understand or even acknowledge the points of others members of the community then you shouldn't be in the position you are. 

Just now, MaurizioAM said:

I think all of Codeclub AB (that means volunteers aswell) need to realize that although epic and chaos are seperate clusters and somewhat different gameplay from eaxh other both communities while saying "this will hurt pvp" means that will hurt ALL pvp servers the same.

Why is it so hard for Codeclub AB to just hold back these types of updates untill a good amount of live testing in freedom servers is had... This alone would help solve many issues. Patiance for gods sakes! 

I also want to point out one very very important thing... So many players have lost hope on wurm and its because of the shat like this... Thats the reason why there are less and less vocal people. Most people feel even if they say something it will get burried in a 15 page thread that only ends up being locked by a forum mod for "running its course".

Stop for a second and really listen or wurm will be gone before you know it.

We listened. A lot. We tweaked, we considered, we changed things over and over again because of feedback. 

The resounding feedback when all was tallied was: Some on Epic really wanted it, to some didn't care. The feedback from Chaos was pretty much "HELL NO".

The result is as you see.

Personally? After testing it, using it, and helping to design the PvP balancing in it - I think it's a lot of fear for nothing. I think it's a lot of knee-jerk reaction and little base for it. I'd have liked to see it live on Chaos with the option to disable. You see, we test things. We can test if something works properly within a set of criteria we predict. We can't do more then that. That's why we ask players to come on Test so we can see THEIR criteria. How will THEY use it? What didn't we think about?

If it was so easy to destroy PvP, why didn't anyone try building a war deed on Test? Or at least make enough stuff to do so? Because we'd rather base everything on fears with no actual proof or effort than put the work in to it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Keenan said:

2) Test.

3) Consider results.

↓

3 hours ago, changer said:

If you're going to base your development on people's opinions about new features, use the ingame poll system, not a tiny fraction of vocal non-pvpers that happens to play on epic

And just because you do not understand what the new mechanics implies for pvp doesn't mean everything you don't like is trolling, the higher the risk & the higher the requirements needed to raid (now you need tons of juice aswell to even be able to properly dig down dirtwalls), the lower is the chance that people will do something aggressive, you need an aggressor to in order to create pvp, it's simple logic

1 minute ago, Egard said:

So because our posts disagree with you its trolling ? Lovely stand point to take there, that's high quality PR. I personally did not go on the test server but know this is a terrible update for pvp servers and that's not just a opinion its a fact. 90% or more of deeds on PVP server consists of dirt wall, which when raided generally are either leveled flat or dug down making a ramp way in. When you consider the difficulty of removing 300 slope tile of tar / clay versus removing of dirt, or the speed in which walk on these terrain lets say because you want to climb in instead. How fast do you walk/climb on tar/clay versus dirt ? Also you mentioned about a dozen people only feedback do you think that's enough feedback to implement something that will literally effect hundreds of players ? No one is question the time you put in either, but as it stands if you can't take criticism or  be open minded enough to understand or even acknowledge the points of others members of the community then you shouldn't be in the position you are. 

No, but I do consider putting words in my mouth a step in that direction, Egard. The trolling that has happened on this very topic alone should be enough for anyone to understand what I meant. If you'd like, I can sit down and help you with that later today.

See my other reply for the rest of what you said. I can take criticism, but not everyone can accept truth or harsh opinion when given. Sorry folks, I'm not a soft person. :)

• Like 1

I never thought the liquid/tile generation update would manage to get live on pvp servers...

Wtf devs...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, changer said:

↓

If you're going to base your development on people's opinions about new features, use the ingame poll system, not a tiny fraction of vocal non-pvpers that happens to play on epic

And just because you do not understand what the new mechanics implies for pvp doesn't mean everything you don't like is trolling, the higher the risk & the higher the requirements needed to raid (now you need tons of juice aswell to even be able to properly dig down dirtwalls), the lower is the chance that people will do something aggressive, you need an aggressor to in order to create pvp, it's simple logic

Last post! Then you lot can tear me apart at will. (And you will! It never fails :) )

I probably know what this will do for PvP better than you and most. As stated above, I can find you examples of trolling if you'd like.

Also, in-game polling suffers from a flaw: People with pockets and silver can rig the vote. So an actual small sample of a server can sway the decision for everyone with little effort and some silver or euros. 

If you'd like, I can design an identity-tracking voting system and see if we want to use it going forward? This way there's no chance of duplicate votes? Just a thought.

Signing off though! Have fun :) You PvP lot always do when it comes to me. Don't worry though, I'm from Boston. We love it. :D

1 minute ago, Keenan said:

Last post! Then you lot can tear me apart at will. (And you will! It never fails :) )

I probably know what this will do for PvP better than you and most. As stated above, I can find you examples of trolling if you'd like.

Also, in-game polling suffers from a flaw: People with pockets and silver can rig the vote. So an actual small sample of a server can sway the decision for everyone with little effort and some silver or euros. 

If you'd like, I can design an identity-tracking voting system and see if we want to use it going forward? This way there's no chance of duplicate votes? Just a thought.

Signing off though! Have fun :) You PvP lot always do when it comes to me. Don't worry though, I'm from Boston. We love it. :D

Someone who doesn't pvp knows how this will affect pvp better than those who have pvped for years

it's time to hire mcdonalds staff to become astronauts boys

• Like 2

because code club doesn't give a ###### about pvp how many times do they have to ###### ###### up. Since onetoofreeAB it's been a ###### show. Even when Notch was around dumb changes came. Some of us have been here since 2008. Nothing changes.

Edit:

This used to be the game where first person who got Rolf on IRC got to make game breaking changes, Now you don't even need to get into IRC, Just let the Dev's add ###### and forget about the other half of the servers that have PVP.

Edited by CubeManV2
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this