Sign in to follow this  
Stik

Remove CR nerf on Small Axe

I'm so annoyed that i trained this weapon and then find out its gothigher difficulty to raise than all the others, stop the madness, stop the nerfs, EQUALITY FOR ALL WEAPONKIND!

I would agree with this but at the same time i beleive a complete rebalance of weapon damage is needes acriss the board. As well as a slight buff in player hit points again across the board.

There should be no reason to have a negative affect using any weapon. But reach damage and swing time should probably be adjusted. Currently there is little to no gap between things such as reach/swing timer/parry rate... The only thing they have done slightly a decent job on is damage differences... But that too would have to be tweaked after adjusting all the other categories.

11 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I'm so annoyed that i trained this weapon and then find out its gothigher difficulty to raise than all the others, stop the madness, stop the nerfs, EQUALITY FOR ALL WEAPONKIND!

bump pls let nadroj clear the battlefield with dual small axes like the meta of olde

On 5/25/2016 at 9:01 AM, Dorian said:

Has anyone made a chart or anything showing the Cr's and such or is this  the table of weapons in the Wiki and I'm just not understanding it right?

Google docs spreadsheet of all weapon stats, mined from WU code. I take no credit - I don't know who made it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EPI-UgMKWMU5BbomnxIZbkByGpiZo54ifeD-BOJyE9E/edit

Please examine News #19 banner pic and tell me what you see in the invader's hand.  Apparently they have come to harvest our crops for us.

This is proof that the devs consider these to be weapons and not just tools.  Medium and large hammers/mauls are both tools and weapons.  All sizes of axes/hatchets are tools and weapons.  Swords and bows are pretty much pure weapons, maybe with the exception of a machete, which is for sure both.  Picks make great weapons.  Shovels and rakes do not.  Spinning wheels do not. 

My point is, the CR nerf on any weapon that could also be considered a tool is silly, since so many weapons are also tools. 

Equal right for weapons and no discrimination, just because it was used as a tool.... or we then have to nerf swords, since we all start out skilling them on tree chopping.  Oh wait.. also huge axes, because we use them to chop trees and deconstruct fences, walls, scaffolding, carts...

The more I type, the more I realize how silly this weapon discrimination is.

if you're going to CR nerf any weapon make it hugeaxe

during the first week of epic i solo'd someone with small axes and he dropped 5 silver
make wurm great again

Edited by Stik

yeah so more or less nobody has -1'd this thread any yet it is ignored. I'm pretty sure it's one of the easier fixes, compared to like anything else that could be done. You know, making what's supposed to be a weapon actually work as a weapon without gimping you.
Not that it would be a competitive PvP weapon or anything, just like the small maul and short sword, but still. Lol.

It's amazing some of the obvious simple changes that have to be begged for for months or years on end to get in this game. When WU was released we found that allowing kings to change their titles was literally the difference between a 1 and a 0 in one line of code, took 2 years of pestering to get it in. Same goes here, one frigging line of code and an obvious change because it's just an oversight from TEN YEARS AGO that was left in the game.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2016 at 11:44 AM, Nadroj said:

It's amazing some of the obvious simple changes that have to be begged for for months or years on end to get in this game. When WU was released we found that allowing kings to change their titles was literally the difference between a 1 and a 0 in one line of code, took 2 years of pestering to get it in. Same goes here, one frigging line of code and an obvious change because it's just an oversight from TEN YEARS AGO that was left in the game.

yea but this is Freedom Online now, not Wurm Online anymore

give up

/FUD

• Like 2

On 21/06/2016 at 9:49 AM, Alexgopen said:

yea but this is Freedom Online now, not Wurm Online anymore

give up

/FUD

Never give up! Never surrender!

This is one of those things that shouldn't need more than 10 seconds for a dev to realise is an oversight that should be fixed. In much the same vein it would take about 1 minute to look at the line of code and remove the nerf. Why do we always wait months or years for such simple things to fix?

yea i wont even grind clubs until the nerf is removed from it like justice for every weapon if someone wants to go on a rampage with a troll club hello let the savages do what they want

14 hours ago, Warlander said:

Small axe nerf... Not anymore. :)

what about other things like sickle, scythe, huge club, etc?  Does this include the skilling nerf to these things too?

2 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

what about other things like sickle, scythe, huge club, etc?  Does this include the skilling nerf to these things too?

Only small axes so far.

On 01/07/2016 at 0:46 AM, Warlander said:

Only small axes so far.

Tis a nice start, would love to see CR penalties removed from some other things, it seems odd to punish people for getting creative with the weapons they use. Did small axe at least have its skillgain nerf changed? It gains at less than halfthe speed of every other weapon, presumably because the old code had it as a tool.