Sign in to follow this  
Stik

Remove CR nerf on Small Axe

Not really why this is in the game, other than maybe a temporary fix for a time when small axes might have been OP? I can kinda understand the combat rating nerf that sickles give, since I imagine they weren't intended to be used as a weapon maybe, but I don't really understand why small axes give -1 CR. 

I've never sifted through the code myself, but I've heard from a couple of people that this is the case with small axes. I believe it's worth being looked into, since in the last few months of me playing this game again I haven't seen small axes being used in PvP once yet. I do see small mauls, and I understand the short swords have a place as well. 

• Like 2

Unless I read it wrong small axe/sickle do have a cr nerf still yeah, sickle most likely because it was originally only a "tool" and not a reasonable weapon, small axe because many moons ago iirc small axe was default tool instead of hatchet

But yeah, cr nerfs on actual weapons make no sense.  You wont see small axe really though, because sickle is basically the same thing but hits harder

• Like 2

sickle and scythe take longer to skill because they are tool as well :P

+1 but only if they remove it on sickle as well

Edit: Small axe might take longer too, i havent skilled that.

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Stik said:

Not really why this is in the game, other than maybe a temporary fix for a time when small axes might have been OP? I can kinda understand the combat rating nerf that sickles give, since I imagine they weren't intended to be used as a weapon maybe, but I don't really understand why small axes give -1 CR. 

I've never sifted through the code myself, but I've heard from a couple of people that this is the case with small axes. I believe it's worth being looked into, since in the last few months of me playing this game again I haven't seen small axes being used in PvP once yet. I do see small mauls, and I understand the short swords have a place as well. 

its actually -2 cr

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

its actually -2 cr

oh boy
bump

the sickle reduces cr by the same amount but its dps ignoring cr is high enough that it usually makes up for it

+1 

On 2/29/2016 at 8:46 PM, Nicrolis said:

+1 but only if they remove it on sickle as well

same. sickle could be an awesome weapon if it wasn't for this. 

Sickles are already OP as a weapon, so the last thing we need is for them to be better surely...

• Like 2

I kinda agree with Berris. They're meant to be a tool, and tools shouldn't be better than a weapon counterpart.
I see sickles more than small axes in PvP as it is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stik said:

I kinda agree with Berris. They're meant to be a tool, and tools shouldn't be better than a weapon counterpart.
I see sickles more than small axes in PvP as it is.

Sickles are a legit weapon in the real world

Small axes are used just as much before sickle buff as they are now... literally never.  Nothing to do with sickle, nor would I call sickle op even

• Like 1

On 3/1/2016 at 5:01 PM, MrGARY said:

Sickles are a legit weapon in the real world

Small axes are used just as much before sickle buff as they are now... literally never.  Nothing to do with sickle, nor would I call sickle op even

I agree with more buffs than nerfs, but can someone explain to me the utility of longsword if sickle CR reduction is removed? Maybe a possible shift in roles for the longsword if I misunderstand, because I would think it should be at least on par with a sickle? Looking for information, not fights! Thanks in advance

31 minutes ago, AlphaMaleAD said:

I agree with more buffs than nerfs, but can someone explain to me the utility of longsword if sickle CR reduction is removed? Maybe a possible shift in roles for the longsword if I misunderstand, because I would think it should be at least on par with a sickle? Looking for information, not fights! Thanks in advance

sickle good damage bad defense

longsword bad damage good defense

different uses, guess it doesn't matter much for pve though since you mostly only want good offense

in pvp though longswords/shortswords are switched to when you are targetted since it keeps you alive a lot longer

Has anyone made a chart or anything showing the Cr's and such or is this  the table of weapons in the Wiki and I'm just not understanding it right?

30 minutes ago, Dorian said:

Has anyone made a chart or anything showing the Cr's and such or is this  the table of weapons in the Wiki and I'm just not understanding it right?

You... You truly believe pvpers go to the wikipedia for information about combat?

Oh thats absolutely adorable <3

3 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

You... You truly believe pvpers go to the wikipedia for information about combat?

Oh thats absolutely adorable <3

Nah I wouldn't thing the PVPers do that, but the PVEers probably do.  That and I just think it would be neat information to have.  :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dorian said:

Nah I wouldn't thing the PVPers do that, but the PVEers probably do.  That and I just think it would be neat information to have.  :)

p sure there's something on the wiki in the form of a spreadsheet with swing timers, strength and other things like that. 

57 minutes ago, Dorian said:

Most weapons have no CR penalty/bonus. The only exceptions are scythes, sickles, small axes, and huge clubs, which each give a penalty of -2.

Edited by Fawkes
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2016 at 9:46 PM, Nicrolis said:

Edit: Small axe might take longer too, i havent skilled that.

Turns out it does. 7000 difficulty (same as tools) vs. other weapons' 4000 difficulty.

Small axes aren't tools, pls end this oppression

• Like 4

Been training small axe lately goin for dat 90 overall axes so bump to end the oppression! Kinda annoyed i trained it to 80 and the whole time it's got far higher difficulty to level up than other weapons >.>

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1