Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #8 Competitive Spirit

The thought of PvP having to rely on PvE for a crucial resource like clay makes me feel warm inside.  This might be because several PvPers just jammed a sword into my back and I'm bleeding internally, or it could be that I've sat through years of "PvP exclusive" and "come to PvP" whenever I have suggested moon metals for freedom.

Putting my personal glee aside though I do have to say that this is not such a great idea.  It will just end up punishing newer players and I feel it does need to be rethought, the creation of tiles is an essential balance to the removal of tiles.

A very simple notion for PvP is to only allow tiles to be restored and not created.  So if something used to be a clay tile and the elevation checks out, let it be a clay tile again, otherwise leave it alone.

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

The thought of PvP having to rely on PvE for a crucial resource like clay makes me feel warm inside.  This might be because several PvPers just jammed a sword into my back and I'm bleeding internally, or it could be that I've sat through years of "PvP exclusive" and "come to PvP" whenever I have suggested moon metals for freedom.

The way I see it, and this is only what I've seen I have no experience with the Freedom Cluster in any form, clay is an essential part of the game so it would make no sense to have it exclusive to a set of servers, whereas moon metals are not an essential part of the game.

level the dirt wall, make a clay tile in few places instead. R.i.P deed. Oh wait, no. No more long houses! Tar tiles instead!

Edited by bangzuvelis

To be clear I wasn't saying that wild should have to buy clay from freedom in seriousness, just how silly it is to have exclusive resources on one part of the cluster that are then sold to the rest :P

21 hours ago, Postinglels said:

This removal of tiles business is dumb. It's literally a change that encourages a level of tedium and griefing that further discourages any potential growth of the pvp servers. 

Why is it only considered griefing to the PvP servers? You don't think asses will remove tiles on PvE?

• Like 1

Just now, LorraineJ said:

Why is it only considered griefing to the PvP servers? You don't think asses will remove tiles on PvE?

Ye, people can and will grief on pve servers, sure

difference is on pve you can atleast get your tiles back, on pvp people can only remove so it turns it a pure griefing tool pretty much

4 minutes ago, LorraineJ said:

At least on Freedom you'd have been able to replace the tiles again, the original post before it was decided that there would be more feedback collected on it was that PvP servers would ONLY be able to remove tiles.

49 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

At least on Freedom you'd have been able to replace the tiles again, the original post before it was decided that there would be more feedback collected on it was that PvP servers would ONLY be able to remove tiles.

Really? It's going to be so easy to replace tiles? For whom? You need hundreds of fruits, you have to turn the fruits to juice, you need special ores, you need a priest to bless.... It's not going to be easy or quick to replace these tiles and I don't think people should be able to remove resource tiles if the tiles are not on a deed. There's just no damn good reason. If it's out in the wilds, it should not be able to be altered. If you have a deed and for some reason you can't bear to have some squares of a source, then I guess it could be ok to remove them. But removing them from undeeded lands is just griefing and is going to cause a lot of bad feeling. Too many people take it upon themselves to change the landscape that they don't own, without concerning themselves with how other people would prefer things to be. These resource tiles should ONLY be allowed to be made ON DEED. I think this would decrease a lot of potential for griefing, whether adding or subtracting the resource. It would be hard to encircle a deed with some tar or whatever if it could only be created on-deed. You'd have to buy up the entire area around the deed, and still there would be 10 safe squares in between.

MAKE IT SO THESE RESOURCE TILES CAN ONLY BE CREATED OR DESTROYED ON DEED.

3 minutes ago, LorraineJ said:

Really? It's going to be so easy to replace tiles? For whom? You need hundreds of fruits, you have to turn the fruits to juice, you need special ores, you need a priest to bless....

I never said it was going to be easy. But it's the same amount of effort and time to remove the tiles as it is to replace them.

1 minute ago, Firestarter said:

I never said it was going to be easy. But it's the same amount of effort and time to remove the tiles as it is to replace them.

That I understand - the point I meant is, some experienced griefer/mob is going to have an easier time of it than newer players.

I am picking lots of lemons to remove all the clay tiles so nothing better change. OR ELSE I'm gunna be real real mad,

• Like 3

On 2/26/2016 at 11:46 AM, Retrograde said:

PvP kingdom talks

This week I've been busy getting in touch with various PvP kingdoms, discussing issues affecting PvP, individual kingdoms, and other various factors. It's been an absolute ball getting to know PvPers, and I look forward to reaching out to the remaining kingdoms. As a side note, if your kingdom hasn't heard from me, please let me know so we can arrange a time to chat!

A shame this couldn't have happen sooner. A lot of people have already left the pvp servers. The feedback of the current player base is important, however imo the people who are currently playing might not be the best people to ask if your trying to gain new/old players. This is because if their playing atm they obviously enjoy the current pvp play style which i don't think is the funniest. I would recommend looking back and rereading all of the old feedback pvp thread that Rolf made dating back to the last 3 years if possible. Rolf got a lot of feedback, but none of the good ones ever got implemented. Probably because it wasn't possible for him to code, but i feel like he has the time now.

Long live KoS.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2016 at 6:46 PM, Retrograde said:

this weeks artwork is of a peculiar scene, could almost be taken from a Sci-fi film, or one about people lost in a desert.

COMB THE DESERT!

• Like 2