Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #8 Competitive Spirit

The ability to create resource tiles will be something that can be easily enabled on PvP if the situation calls for it, do don't expect all resources to suddenly disappear.

That said it is clear this is something that is still not set properly, so will be looked at further.

• Like 2

So, we can call a GM to summon clay tiles when every clay tile within 3,000 tiles of my deed is removed by my enemies, right?

This Alchemy thing is just a bad Idea altogether. MMO's are about social and what better way to drive another wedge in social than to make it so no one has to travel for resource's. Whats next mob spawn's from alchemy where no one need's to travel and find meat and first aid component's? Honestly what the heck brought this crazy idea on in the first place?

Here is something for pvp to make things funner rather than allow people to destroy the tile allow them to set fire  to them and you can't use them till the fire burn's out or you pour enough water on said tiles to put them out. If you enter said tile you get burnt now this is something that spices things up but doesn't ruin game play.

Edited by Arkonick

Because someone that deeded the top of a mountain in the middle of Xanadu complained about having to travel more than 10 minutes to access a clay pit.

I don't PVP or play on PVP and I'm outraged over this for them as well as for killing Social on PVE server's. 

Here he want's clay on the mountain have him pay 25e and a GM will put a 2x2 on his deed or in the perimeter or just out side the perimeter.

How the hell did you come up with the idea of just deleting resources?

I know how happy you all are with the new transmutation system and want to see it used everywhere, but don't you think some solid player input would be looked at before implementing a change like this?

19 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

but don't you think some solid player input would be looked at before implementing a change like this?

You could say this for alot of changes in the last 6 months...

30 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

Whats next mob spawn's from alchemy

on spacestation 13 i can inject slime jelly with my blood and spawn monsters.
pls implement in wurm
thanks rolf

34 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

I don't PVP or play on PVP and I'm outraged over this for them as well as for killing Social on PVE server's. 

Here he want's clay on the mountain have him pay 25e and a GM will put a 2x2 on his deed or in the perimeter or just out side the perimeter.

33 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

How the hell did you come up with the idea of just deleting resources?

I know how happy you all are with the new transmutation system and want to see it used everywhere, but don't you think some solid player input would be looked at before implementing a change like this?

dead-horse.gif

Seriously though, the horse is dead.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The ability to create resource tiles will be something that can be easily enabled on PvP if the situation calls for it, do don't expect all resources to suddenly disappear.

That said it is clear this is something that is still not set properly, so will be looked at further.

He literally confirmed that it will be looked into further, and people are still bashing this.  I get it; it's frustrating and silly, but if he's talking about looking into rectifying the situation then perhaps it's time to put the stick down and just hold them [staff] to it.  Further bashing just insinuates the desire to be dramatic.  There is a difference between voicing your opinion in a constructive manner, and being so unsatisfied that you continue to kill something that is already dead just to punish it.  Purely from my viewpoint and analysis of the situation, but I'd recommend trying to show some restraint please.  This is a great community, but we sure do turn into an angry mob rather quickly and don't know when to turn it off.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 2

When you pay for something and someone changes it it can make you angry. 

EXAMPLE:

Ice cream shops now put Sardines on all ice cream Mandated by us Gov.  "Rolf being Wurm Gov." I ask you would you not like the idea and complain? If Gov said we look into it doesn't mean it want happen just means there looking in to some sort of loop hole to still do it and take that horse beating stick and beat you with it till you say fine put the sardines on my ice cream.

1 minute ago, Arkonick said:

When you pay for something and someone changes it it can make you angry. 

you pay for clay tiles? neat

He already said he was going to look into it, not sure why you're even still posting about it.

• Like 2

I've updated the main post, and will post the link here too.

It's clear this needs further feedback, so we've created a subboard for public testing called feature feedback, This will enable us to share upcoming changes and get feedback when necessary, please feel free to share your comments there

• Like 2

Three good reasons why we're yelling about it still:

1.  How about we focus on what's broken?  i.e. Inter-server travel at the moment.

2.  We had a thread pretty much devoted to the transmutation changes, where many people voiced concerns and some were ignored. 

3.  Any "horse" that involves unwarranted PvP changes pretty much has to be beaten into a bloodied pulp for the devs to understand the implications.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

1.  How about we focus on what's broken?  i.e. Inter-server travel at the moment.

2.  We had a thread pretty much devoted to the transmutation changes, where many people voiced concerns and some were ignored. 

3.  Any "horse" that involves unwarranted PvP changes pretty much has to be beaten into a bloodied pulp for the devs to understand the implications.

Don't mistake this for post for aggression because I promise it isn't; however, there is a difference between a reason and an excuse.  If transforming potions were currently in-game and ruining pvp and the staff had done nothing to help the situation like they said they would, then you'd have an ample reason to yell about it.  Mind you it's an ample reason, and not a good reason.  Constructive criticism is always preferred over aggression as it is structured more towards positive progress.  Listing other things that make you angry does not mean you have an ample reason to act aggressively about another feature that isn't in the game because those features aren't that [subject] feature.  In that situation you are using those listed off-topic problems as an excuse to bash another topic altogether.  Again, using constructive criticism is much more effective.  Just my observation.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

1. I bet the inter-server travel programmers have little to with designing new starting towns or new potions.

2. I read the thread, at least the first few pages, even asked why, and everyone complained about tar walls. Lots of complaining, almost no information. Devs aren't mind readers. I don't live on top of a mountain nor have to travel 30 minutes to get clay or tar yet I like the idea of moving the resources to better locations. I also want to build a road and there is a giant clay field in the path (a mountain and an ocean on each side, not easy to go around).

3. Want devs to understand, get off the high horse and write a detailed explanation instead of it sucks and we don't want it, you are ruining the game. Good intentions be paraded as the end of the world.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

don't expect all resources to suddenly disappear.

I think you underestimate the tenacity of PvP players especially on Chaos lol. All clay even remotely close to war deeds will be gone within a fortnight and eventually they will end up having to ship clay in from Freedom servers. Really not a good idea for this.

At the very least exclude clay from it, noone gives a crap if someone removes all their peat/tar/moss because either it isn't necessary or there are other options (ie make a coal pile for tar) but clay is the most important resource for things like longhouses and forges.

• Like 3

Wouldn't it be fair to ship in mats from freedom, we have to buy our high end mats and statues from wild ;)

get bent stick, ill post what I want when I want, I don't need your approval or anyone else's 

glad to see retro has listened, I fear its already too late though, as some dev most likely already plugged this into the code and its just waiting for next server restart, these guys don't tell each other what they are doing

we talked to retrograde the other night for 3 hours and I was fairly surprised to see this and clearly throughout those 3 hours I feel he was not listening to a thing we said

As stated with the previous patches coming out, I truly wished you would fix the broken down movement code, I hate driving my horse sideways down the road and getting stuck on boats when you cross a server border. 

HAHAHAHA

"theres no action, everyone just holes up in their fortresses and shelters in mines until everyone can log in to defend"

results are devs try to get people out but in reality those with fortresses and numbers to defend resources will have resources and only new blood will have hard time fending off established players while seeking out resources behind defended walls. basically Devs have allowed YOU the ability to damage PVP even more so. This is like Challenge all over again, kill the newbies and make sure nobody can compete by choking the resource point. 

*slow clap* but yea stupid idea is stupid.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pingpong said:

Wouldn't it be fair to ship in mats from freedom, we have to buy our high end mats and statues from wild ;)

Ooooo lots of clay would suddenly be deeded lol 

2 easy options that may help issues with transmutation liquids in freedom the cluster. Have them work only in freedom influence. Place a 500 tile influence check for enemy kingdom to prevent using the creation of extra strong freedom dirtwalls being flipped to pmks(this influence check is for activation of the liquid) . 

I have no solid ideas for how to idiocy related to these liquids on the epic cluster, possibly the influence check again as atleast this works for the home servers, but by the same token it prevents casual raiding on them

Edited by Postinglels