Sign in to follow this  
silakka

Where are you now?

Hey,

You might know me, I'm a finnish fish. I used to do business and dig holes in this game.

I have now been "clean" from this drug (Wurm) almost a year.. Time really flies!

I know I'm not the only one who left this beautiful community for a reason or another, but fact is - some of us still check in here.

So this is a topic about those people who quit Wurm Online.

What's your life like, what are you doing now? With what did you fill this big time gap that used to be reserved for Wurm Online? :P

I will also share my own story later. About my personal life and gaming experiences. Only if it will seem that others wanna tell things like this also, because i dont wanna be only one here opening up :D

Also happy to see comments from people who have taken breaks from Wurm, what did you do in those times when you didnt have time for Wurm?

• Like 2

I sit in a pub and drink white russians and tell old people how I use to be average at this game. 

• Like 5

Just a taste wont hurt Silakka.

You can stay on the wagon.

...Just a little taste

• Like 1

*takes a tiny bite....*

*CHOKES AND ALMOST DIES*

Nonono, this is not a thread about luring these people back in, just to hear what other things are part of life

• Like 1

Well there was a time for over a year I was so broke I had to cut back on broadband internet and thus playing Wurm.

I try not to recall that time.

Well if you are hanging out here posting then guess you have not truly quit the game and moved on with your life. 

• Like 1

Real life commitments might take some of us away but some us keep peeking in to see what's happening ;)

The only thing that's ever proven to take me away from my precious wurm has and will always be a good women, sometimes I disappear for a few weeks or month and that mean I've met a girl and things are going good then when things turn to crap I come back to wurm in a fit of depression and drown my heart in hours of senseless deed building and general grinding unfortunately not the good grinding I was doing before the breakup.

Wurm is my backup girlfriend.....

Edited by yashua
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Slickshot said:

Still playing Wurm. :D

thats too bad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stik said:

thats too bad

Not for me.  I love this game. :)

5 minutes ago, akaedis said:

Wurm unlimited's better.

Nah.  That's just a matter of opinion. :)  WO > WU for me.

Other than playing Wurm, I'm taking swing dance classes, doing the Wurm Chronicles interviews, working full-time (still), and dabbling in some creative writing.  Fun times.

Other than playing and developing Wurm - studying, I am also looking for summer internship. :)

• Like 1

Hai Silakka,

I've been managing a bar, traveling, playing CSGO, longboarding and desinging my half sleeve now I've got most of chest finished now. Oh and occasionally playing Wurm on chao s and indie

1 hour ago, Emoo said:

Hai Silakka,

I've been managing a bar, traveling, playing CSGO, longboarding and desinging my half sleeve now I've got most of chest finished now. Oh and occasionally playing Wurm on chao s and indie

See?

IT CAN BE DONE! :ph34r:

• Like 1

I work 33,6 hours a week as the youngest/smallest factory boy, we are galvanizing steel for the automotive industry in the world, i smoke lots, drink lots of beer, hang out in the pub, play Texas hold em poker (real life), and most of my time goes to playing Destiny pvp on the ps4.

Dont play wurm atm but will never completely quit, sell my account or leave BL on epic.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 2

Appreciate everyone commenting ^^

I've personally had life going quite like a rollercoaster, which has headed deep time to time lol, but challenges r fun eh?

Moved in with my GF 6months ago and now moved out to my own apartment after that. Still struggling with my health, but my moms health has improved a lot :) - mentioned this in my goodbye thread.

Gamewise ive played old school runescape a lot, but with months breaks time to time. CS GO with same thing. Then i once missed a bit of minecraft and had some projects there, but i had played it already as long as i had played wurm, so it didnt offer rly much new stuff - so i tried Rising World, that was interesting! but still too early in developement in my eyes.

Atm i play mostly runescape and h1z1, that game h1z1 is quite amazing. It's advertised a lot as zombie themed, which i personally rly hate, but the Battle Royale game version has nothing about zombies.. more like GTA multiplayer, which is the only gamemode i play there.

@LorenaMontana

I havent personally played much Epic, but when i played it a little i saw really how well the old communities are still tied together. That's a good reason to never let go and keep coming back once awhile. (are u good at poker? id personally just always chug all in and never play it again if it was for real money)

@Emoo

pls mak more videos! and you should really start streaming on Twitch or something in my opinion, you're entertaining to watch and listen.

Some of your art drawings were sick, the last time i saw.. so i have rly high hopes for your sleeve ^_^ do post a picture somewhere sometime!

And cant explain how honored i am that u still kept that profile pic i made XD it was just a prank bro!

@Shrimpiie

<333333333333

• Like 1

No I'm not good at it, it's just really fun to do nowadays with real life friends and a good amount of alcohol ;) back in the days (2009ish?) I did 4-6 tables at a time for 4-6 hours a day at online pokersites but it started to feel like work after a couple of months so I quitted that pretty quick after :D

On 2/25/2016 at 4:25 PM, Warlander said:

Other than playing and developing Wurm - studying, I am also looking for summer internship. :)

Come work for me..  I'll pay for the work..   PM me.

I still occasionally check in on the forums as well, just to make sure the ECG on this game hasn't flatlined yet... That and to get a rough idea of updates since I last checked.

After I quit Wurm I played Arche Age. Pressed the abort button hard on that one once Trion took it to ######. After that, I moved on to FFXIV for a bit. One of the better themepark MMO's out there, with a truly sublime soundtrack. I missed the freedom of a true sandbox though, and the adrenaline of PvP with real risks. Which led me to try Eve a few times but it seems I can't get into that game, the only way in which Eve's freedom felt like a sandbox was that you were free to choose on how to make your money. After that, I've been keeping my eyes open for a good sandbox MMO, but looks like there ain't any promising ones out there. Albion /might/ be fun, but not enough sandbox elements in there from what I can see.

Other than that, I sometimes work, sometimes code, go to the occasional event/conference and I've even had sunlight touch my skin a few weeks (or months?) back!

I recently got my (bsc) degree as well, which means I am now drowning in free time, so I've been planning on going backpacking in south-east Asia for a few months while I figure out what I want to do next. Might do a cryptology master's. But we'll see. Right now the thought of weekly assignments and exams alone is enough to make me grip my cup of tea with force and sip with a furiosity unknown to mankind.

@LorenaMontana There's still 6 or so sleeping powders on Rotten with your name on it, you know that.. Right?

• Like 1