Sign in to follow this  
Redd

Chaos - Lets start again

Lets not get rid of karma porting entirely. I 100% think we should not be able to karma port into villages seiged by enemies. Infrustructure is key and should be worked on to get between villages and ends of the map.

Group up and travel into battle not get a twitter or fb notification and everyone just ports in when they can get online.

• Like 1

Why should you be able to karma port to any village you want?  Whether or not it's under siege is irrelevant.

• Like 3

It won't help.

EVE went through a massive change to their main PVP.

The problem is people. MR will be the biggest after a reset and just take the map again.

The majority of people side with the winning and largest group.

Just how it is.

You want a real fix?

Do what the OP says ... but then how do you fix people into not changing sides after a "team balancing" is carried out?

5 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Why should you be able to karma port to any village you want?  Whether or not it's under siege is irrelevant.

^^
Bump

Should only be able to karma/recall to your own actual home village, because by no means should someone else get to dictate I can't defend my home because I wasn't there when a raid started and need to get there fast or a way in without dying

Restricting it to needing to be a villager for at least 24 hours fixes this issue :l  Even make it a week if it must be

Just now, Puertorro said:

Have the devs even acknowledged this thread?

no

• Like 1

" If Chaos ain't changing, there is no need for me to play. If you know how to play, this account will wreck.  " - Banzai

Please hurry up and at least make a post in this thread saying that  you're discussing feedback of this thread or some ######. Like you're literally killing the PvP community even more by sitting on this. 
Pretty garbage to have bugs like the boat bug sit in the game for like two weeks, this thread go completely unnoticed despite it being huge in popularity when it was first posted, and practically nothing but +1's from the entire PvP community.
It's pretty clear that more than just this needs to be changed ( in order to stop snowballing / zerging ) but this is at least a good start, and you could at least post here.

• Like 1

Alot of good points brought up, only thing i would make different from original post is hota should just be a random location each time to stop it getting dominated by one kingdom, as well as logging players off on a boat, i would like to see a longer timer when logging off whilst on the boat, so at the end of the timer the player will be disembarked from the boat that way no matter who is on the boat there is always a risk to all the players as well as allowed more time for players to reconnect if disconnected. Stop the scenario where 1-2 people sail around on the boat and the rest log in at the last minute to pvp. 

In regards to PMK village cap, i could only see that working if new map is brought into the game.

Also i'm not to keen on the Epic loot where you can't pick up body if enemy in local as suggested.

Edited by shakys

On 2/29/2016 at 9:43 AM, Stik said:

" If Chaos ain't changing, there is no need for me to play. If you know how to play, this account will wreck.  " - Banzai

Same, probably won't be logging in again.

Bump 

Also one additional change: only PMKs next time including blacklighters, no artificial old kingdoms like HotS, in fact donated by every player.

• Like 3

Hello MR Rolf.  I understand you and your devs are busy working on Wurm Unlimited and completely ignoring Wurm Online.  But I suggest you listen to the Chaos player base.  You know, Xsyon went one time pay only and it has all if not more futures than WO.  Please listen to your player base before we all get tired of waiting and move on to another game that at least we don't waste a monthly premium on.

Very Respectfully

The unsilent majority

I have been in contact with almost all Chaos kingdoms so far, and I am taking note of what the general consensus is. This thread is extremely handy, and has listed much of what I have talked about with each kingdom.

As for these actual changes coming in, some are feasible within a short term, but others are slightly longer term, a map reset for example is not something we'd do just to "mix things up". We're aware that there are numerous changes that need to be made and balances that need to come in prior to approaching anythijng of the sort.

I haven't commented on this as I'm curious to see what feedback players have, to say without the presence of official word but I feel you all should know I'm keeping a very close eye on this, and will be discussing many changes with the development team over the next few weeks

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I have been in contact with almost all Chaos kingdoms so far, and I am taking note of what the general consensus is. This thread is extremely handy, and has listed much of what I have talked about with each kingdom.

As for these actual changes coming in, some are feasible within a short term, but others are slightly longer term, a map reset for example is not something we'd do just to "mix things up". We're aware that there are numerous changes that need to be made and balances that need to come in prior to approaching anythijng of the sort.

I haven't commented on this as I'm curious to see what feedback players have, to say without the presence of official word but I feel you all should know I'm keeping a very close eye on this, and will be discussing many changes with the development team over the next few weeks

i'd work closely with the people who actually pvp in this game.

nothing personal but anytime people go start making changes for pvp when they don't pvp, it usually causes drastic negatives that outweigh the positives.

That bit comes later, but I will be in contact with you all over the process of any implementation

Just now, Retrograde said:

That bit comes later, but I will be in contact with you all over the process of any implementation

when you say "you all" do you mean the management teams of kingdoms, or the individual players? Cause sometimes the leaders of some kingdoms don't actually pvp

• Like 1

Use of the feature feedback board, use of the test server, and availability on teamspeak/mumble to ensure that those who do want to raise concerns and speak do have the ability to

somehow I find this all very hard to believe considering when we had the QnA with rolf you completely changed my question to the point where you didn't address the seriousness of the issue

Although the issue probably didn't seem that serious to you because you don't pvp yourself.

54 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Retrograde you will not be able to implement changes without a map reset.. its not even worth doing in that case.... the damage has already been done.

if you are not considering a map reset then there is no point in changing those mechanics that have already been heavily used by people... 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

somehow I find this all very hard to believe considering when we had the QnA with rolf you completely changed my question to the point where you didn't address the seriousness of the issue

yet he took the time out of his day to speak with everyone recently? cut the guy some slack, you get some hint of developer interaction and you act like an ass.

maybe he wasn't as interested before, or the higher ups weren't interested, or was able to do anything about it before.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

yet he took the time out of his day to speak with everyone recently? cut the guy some slack, you get some hint of developer interaction and you act like an ass.

maybe he wasn't as interested before, or the higher ups weren't interested, or was able to do anything about it before.

the game is in dire straights, if they don't start making some serious effort this game won't last and that is factual... it will not last if they don't do something to change it, call it whatever you want, but the people who actually experience on a day to day basis know what is broken and what is expected when things get changed.

The only thing I can do is try to help people see what is broken and what needs changing in order to keep people interested in the game, if they aren't interested in that then whatever, there will be other places that the users here can spend their time at.

Edited by TradingAlt

But being a memester helps how. If you have ideas forward them to him, but stop spewing cancer on the forums 

• Like 4

Spoiler

Ribbit: he he, I wanted to ask for some clarity on your post in the Chaos suggestion post of Redd, would all suggested changes be implemented/balanced on existing servers before a map reset occurs if it ever does?

Retrograde: I'd have to consult my psychic first Ribbit

Retrograde: I really don't know

Ribbit: It was more to see if there was a time scale of implementation and if it is worth investing time/resources on a map that is planned to be reset regardless of the updates, or if balanced updates are added if the map will just continue to an end-game situation.

Ribbit: But yeah, I think some clarity on the future of Chaos while hard to find out Retrograde, even if it takes a while to find out would be very useful to alleviate some fears of players.

Retrograde: Of course, but it needs to go through the proper processes first

Ribbit: I appreciate that, just when such an important change is essentially up in the air, it is worrying that any more time invested etc will be wiped out without much notice.

Retrograde: A server reset is not in the cards

Retrograde: Not for a long while anyways

Retrograde: That's not me being ambiguous, because circumstances change as time goes on

Retrograde: But the only planned changes to chaos and/or pvp in general will be mechanics changes

Ribbit: That's pretty much all I wanted, sorry if it seemed drawn out. But thank you once again and I appreciate you bridging the gap for us players.

Retrograde: Resetting a map to "mix things up" fixes nothing, and we need to address core issues within combat and such long before we do anything in that regards

I somewhat agree with Retrogrades view, if changes to the current mechanics are implemented, the game itself my change very rapidly and so is something I wholly want to see before we lose Chaos and the thousands of hours/days the players have put into it. Especially when the players currently at top admit these mechanics have been used extensively to ensure they reach the top.