Sign in to follow this  
Redd

Chaos - Lets start again

Just now, Propheteer said:

there is currently a mechanic in place that lets you start a tower provided there is no influence within 250? 500? tiles in each direction, friendly or enemy.

I am well aware, yes, but I thought the intention was to allow chaining towers. If that mechanic is in place, i feel chaining towers isnt needed?

2 minutes ago, Redd said:

I am well aware, yes, but I thought the intention was to allow chaining towers. If that mechanic is in place, i feel chaining towers isnt needed?

It's a lot bigger radius than you would imagine, within the first few weeks on epic tower chaining was already required because you couldn't just start one out of the blue anymore.

I think in the time we had our dirtwalls up, we were forced to chain towers from then on if we couldn't cap any.

With that being said, this also does create the dilemma of starting PMK's late into the map.

Edited by Propheteer

Dear brothers and sisters, please understand that hota needs to be a separate server otherwise it will be griefed in one way or another.

Please view my suggestion here:

4 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

there is currently a mechanic in place that lets you start a tower provided there is no influence within 250? 500? tiles in each direction, friendly or enemy.

@Alexgopen

It's worth keeping in mind that the second screenshot you posted doesn't show where the walls were, it's also worth keeping in mind that it was your kingdom who outnumbered rome 3-4 to 1 and walled in the left and right side of your landbridge and basically all up your coast and left the materials out for us to place five or six walls on the bridge. If you couldn't hold that bridge with those numbers being just outside your capitol, it's not a mechanic problem, it's an effort problem.

yea sadly i was on break for a week when they did those retarded walls, and i agree that the bridge should've been open. thats why i left it open and without gatehouses when i catapulted the stuff down and rebuilt it wider. As has been seen however, this isnt something that can be fixed with a no build zone, because either way an opposing kingdom can just cast it all away with ease.

island is a horrible idea for the hota zone

3 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

It's a lot bigger radius than you would imagine, within the first few weeks on epic tower chaining was already required because you couldn't just start one out of the blue anymore.

I think in the time we had our dirtwalls up, we were forced to chain towers from then on if we couldn't cap any.

With that being said, this also does create the dilemma of starting PMK's late into the map.

Aye, can anyone smarter than I come up with a tower solution which stops easy peasy towers caps/planting in enemy lands, and yet enables island, and new PMK founding possible?

1 minute ago, Redd said:

Aye, can anyone smarter than I come up with a tower solution which stops easy peasy towers caps/planting in enemy lands, and yet enables island, and new PMK founding possible?

Jut throwing it out there, what if a tower could only be capped after it was 50 or more dmg?

This would make all kingdoms ensure their towers were in good shape and more effort would go in to capping it than just a timer without totally destroying it either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Redd said:

Use declaration of independence to invite people, once you reach 25, if you can successfully cap a tower, it creates your pmk's influence there and plants a token?

Doubt it would be abused because it would cost 1g, 25 people, and a month convert timer each time

Could also make it require like 5 towers or something if you think people will just go plant troll deeds every month with their group in places of great importance to other kingdoms. That way you have some time to stop them

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 1

You say you'd love a map with multiple islands.

This is what Epic has on Elevation and trust me it's not good for pvp.

You can ask anyone on Epic about our map, lmao.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Brunwulf said:

You say you'd love a map with multiple islands.

This is what Epic has on Elevation and trust me it's not good for pvp.

You can ask anyone on Epic about our map, lmao.

I wish we had old elevation back, even with the meteor scars it was better than this

• Like 4

The current Chaos map is awesome. Also loads of islands destroy the fun in pvp and create traveliing a pain. 

The best pvp map uptil now was the Challenge 2 map. So considering everything a map must be made. Also dont make it to big and never merge those epic folks with us.

Thanks

Ah but did you vote for the new elevation map? -.-

Just now, Klaa said:

Ah but did you vote for the new elevation map? -.-

we voted for if we wanted a new map, we didnt get to choose what map we got

• Like 5

Heh

Personally I do wish Chaos was more sailing friendly with rivers and the like; though, really the gameplay was worlds different back when the map was made.

+1 to everything except the map reset, at least not yet!

There is still unfinished business that those who have survived it thus far deserve to watch play out.

AKA the destruction of kyara and everything nearby it.

Edited by TradingAlt
  • Like 3

+1 to everything, as someone who was pushing Hashirama's instanced HotA idea, it looks like Red had a better idea of just making it on an island. Well done Red.
Would like to see tower bashing returned instead of tower capping, to be honest, but you get what you get.

I think limiting the amount of deeds in a PMK to 15 like someone else suggested is a bad idea, because you get to the point where you're going to bring in a recruit who will either convert his village, or want to, and then you have a dilemma.

1 hour ago, Oreo said:

Let's not turn it into that again.

That's a whole other thread.

His ideas are what people have been asking for for a while, just keep it simple.

Baby steps. :D

Baby steps? lol That makes no sense.  If there was a merger it would require a reset.  Why reset twice?  Think about it!

2 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Baby steps? lol That makes no sense.  If there was a merger it would require a reset.  Why reset twice?  Think about it!

make a new thread Red put up a good idea and specifically asked for a Chaos - Epic merge not to be talked about here. Go away.

• Like 2

There are currently deeds on Chaos being paid for monthly. If you want a map reset, you have to come up with data that shows that the reset would generate more funds than what is currently being expended with similar reliability. Not "many players would come back", not "everyone would have to open new deeds", proper empirical data. Forcing as many out as possible and tanking the upkeep costs of whatever deeds remain might help, but the burden of proof is still on the playerbase. Without proper metrics, its just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

+1 to all of this, or at least using this is a start. But if we all agree, it's time to make it happen.

hell, make chaos PvE and rename it Molrehania to commemorate their victory.

But please make a new map.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zerocool said:

There are currently deeds on Chaos being paid for monthly. If you want a map reset, you have to come up with data that shows that the reset would generate more funds than what is currently being expended with similar reliability. Not "many players would come back", not "everyone would have to open new deeds", proper empirical data. Forcing as many out as possible and tanking the upkeep costs of whatever deeds remain might help, but the burden of proof is still on the playerbase. Without proper metrics, its just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The state of chaos is toxic right now, go look at the influence map Demondan drew up. A whole kingdom up and abandoned recently. MR have no reason to own half their deeds anymore since there's only JK now.

Hopefully Rolf can have a clear thought without money in mind.

• Like 2

Thank you Redd for this suggestion.  Now we gotta wait and see what the devs do on this.  Also I think you should make separate threads when it comes to the changes that way devs can track which changes are more famous than others without having to read the entire thread.  Primarily, there should be a poll on the chaos server reset which will pretty much trigger the changes requested on the server.

2 minutes ago, Stik said:

The state of chaos is toxic right now, go look at the influence map Demondan drew up. A whole kingdom up and abandoned recently. MR have no reason to own half their deeds anymore since there's only JK now.

Hopefully Rolf can have a clear thought without money in mind.

eventually most deeds would disband either way because when there's no competition they would have no strategic value when there's other deeds protecting the outer rim of the territory to block any enemies from deeding or expanding stuff

• Like 1