Sign in to follow this  
Redd

Chaos - Lets start again

So I figured I'd write up a suggestion, hitting on points on Chaos which I dislike, and stuff I would like to see changed. Its boring being the winners on Chaos, and I think the following suggestions will stop another kingdom/community taking total domination of a server again.

Chaos Map Reset

Lets be honest - We need it. There are so many choke points, so many prebuilt places, so many ultra defended settlements. These are only a few examples of why the map needs restarting, but they all certainly stagnate PvP. I would love a map with multiple islands, rivers, fjords, with a central island for the HotA (IDK). PLEASE FOR MAGRANONS SAKE DO NOT LET ROLF DO THE MAP. Lets have some player submissions, a vote taken and the most popular is done!

Village teleporting/karmaing

Village karmaing is ridiculous. Ive never been a fan of it, but I still used it. It allows enemies to instantly, safely, teleport to a village with very little expence (1s). Usually on raid when you could not do this, exits were usually walled off, and it made enemies have to fight to defend. You should only be able to teleport to a deed if you have been a member for 24 hours or alternatively if no enemies are in local of your destination (though I suspect this may be hard to code).

Tower capping, and influence blocker deeds

This is a mechanic used by all kingdom on Chaos. Dropping a s5 deed in an area will not allow capping of towers for (correct me if im wrong) 150 tiles in each direction of your village boarder. This can lock down huge areas for a very low cost. I suggest either tower capping is removed, or that villages only stop tower capping for the towers on deed.

Perhaps remove tower capping and how towers can be planted currently and revert back to the old system where towers need to be chained from existing influence (though some sort of work around needs to be done for newly fledging PMKS, and islands?)

Artifacts

Artifacts seriously need looking at. They either need to be reviewed carefully, or removed entirely from the game. At the current moment in time, they are not worth using in PvP, and require a huge amount of maintenance to keep them.

Twitter

I miss the old times where you could raid a deed without being scared of the second you stepped a toe on the deed. Please remove twitter as it stagnates PvP.

Information ministor (Your informers reley information...) rubbish

Please remove this! Its yet another way which stagnates PvP! Smaller, roaming groups cannot operate now.

Add back mine doors not opening in enemy local off deed!

I feel as if roaming, and small group skirmishes have deminished since the removal of mine doors being used as safe spots on the map for smaller groups. This encouraged people off of deed more often, thus creating more PvP.

WL/BL bashing and their influence range

The WL/BL should remain bashable, but i recon their influence of no buildings/deed/whatever should be increased by a lot. Perhaps 400-600 tiles so that they cannot be locked down by anyone. That being said though, the code needs a revamp. With less towers on the server I recon the new WL shouldnt spawn within 500-1000 tiles of a kingdom influence.

HotA

Make the HotA on an island where no deeds, walls, mines or anything can be planted! This will stop stagnation of the HotA and make it fair to all to access. HotA should be a PvP creation zone.

Non-premium mayors

Please, for heavens sake, allow mayor non-premium players to be able to spawn at their own deed! Its so annoying!

PMK Village Cap

There should be some sort of cap on the amount of deeds a PMK can place. Perhaps 5 villages can be placed every 1% of influence the kingdom has (IDK something ballanced). This should stop war deed spam.

Epic loot code

There is nothing more annoying than when over powering the enemy completely in a skirmish and they managed to nab the corpse of your mate who is the only one on your team who dies. Of course sods law kicks in and their res stone works. Please make it so corpses can only be picked up when an enemy isnt anywhere near it!

Merchant taunting

Please add merchant taunting to Chaos. I feel like everyone finds it annoying that people use them as impenetrable loot storage holders.

Logged off alts in boats for speed

This is a nasty little trick used so that your sailboat is full speed without the risk of your alts being at the discretion of arrows and other pointy objects. Characters logged on a boat should increase the speed, once they are logged off they should not add to the total speed of the boat.

These are my suggestions anyway. A map restart would be required for this to happen of course. Feel free to tear this suggestion apart :P

PLEASE do not talk about an epic-freedom merge. That is not the aim of this discussion. Feel free to make another thread to talk about this. Any posts made about this will be reported.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 40

Wow, who stole Redd's forum account?

I'd just say remove hota altogether, but thats just me.

• Like 3

pretty much all the big things that would fix pvp and bring back life into it, yet they never fix or change any of it, amen for all these changes to epic too

make votes ingame on each pvp server for each idea, get on it staff

Edited by changer

3 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Wow, who stole Redd's forum account?

I'd just say remove hota altogether, but thats just me.

All because I used all the features I listed, doesnt mean that I thought they should be in the game. A combination of all these mechanics, used by my kingdom, is one of the main reasons why we have total server domination. Tie in the best recruiting system, the most members, and (Im sure some of you would dissagree) some of the best stretigical planners in the game, its made it a bit of an easy walk.

Starting new with all these changes I feel would make a more fair playing field.

• Like 2

This time with more fire, sand, and dragons.

No dirt allowed!

7 minutes ago, Klaa said:

This time with more fire, sand, and dragons.

No dirt allowed!

Concrete just went up in value...

• Like 1

Oof

Missed a few things, I edited them into the OP (Epic loot code, Merchant taunting, alts logged out in boats for speed)

• Like 1

Just now, Redd said:

Oof

Missed a few things, I edited them into the OP (Epic loot code, Merchant taunting, alts logged out in boats for speed)

Strapping live badgers to our shields?

• Like 1

Just now, Slickshot said:

Speaking of a Chaos reset, why not an epic-chaos merger altogether?

Let's not turn it into that again.

That's a whole other thread.

His ideas are what people have been asking for for a while, just keep it simple.

Baby steps. :D

• Like 3

Redd you hit it out of the park here with major +1 to it all.   can I make small addition/subtraction amendment of maybe tower chaining come back along with no cappings and that all mayors of deeds must be prem to solve some problematic issues.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Redd said:

All because I used all the features I listed, doesnt mean that I thought they should be in the game. A combination of all these mechanics, used by my kingdom, is one of the main reasons why we have total server domination. Tie in the best recruiting system, the most members, and (Im sure some of you would dissagree) some of the best stretigical planners in the game, its made it a bit of an easy walk.

Starting new with all these changes I feel would make a more fair playing field.

This candid honesty of perspective makes me want to be your friend for a day.

5 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Let's not turn it into that again.

That's a whole other thread.

His ideas are what people have been asking for for a while, just keep it simple.

Baby steps. :D

No wait hold on... this isn't merging Epic into Chaos.

Its merging Chaos into Epic.

With of course giving Chaos players a boost in skill points to take into account the skill curve when applied to the old skill gain. Mwahahahaha! :ph34r:

Years of built-up backlog!

Edited by Klaa

+1 to the suggestion, and please implement this fast caus I wanna pvp on a new BETTER server :)

5 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

*facepalm*

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

lame

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bloodscythe said:

Redd you hit it out of the park here with major +1 to it all.   can I make small addition/subtraction amendment of maybe tower chaining come back along with no cappings and that all mayors of deeds must be prem to solve some problematic issues.

I would be more than happy for this to be a solution, though i'll leave it to rolf to decide. I'll add a small notation in the section for sure though.

I believe epic loot rule shouldn't apply here.

Reason: If it prevails, there wont be a 2v7 or such fights. People will always want to stack more people and this will hinder pvp as a whole. Just putting it out there.
Same applies for boat fights.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 1

Chaos Map Reset

Village teleporting/karmaing

Village karmaing is ridiculous. Ive never been a fan of it, but I still used it. It allows enemies to instantly, safely, teleport to a village with very little expence (1s). Usually on raid when you could not do this, exits were usually walled off, and it made enemies have to fight to defend. You should only be able to teleport to a deed if you have been a member for 24 hours or alternatively if no enemies are in local of your destination (though I suspect this may be hard to code).

I would also like to see teleporting/karma to deed inhibitions put in place. I agree that you should be apart of a village for 24hours before being able to tp.

Or again as suggested (which is preferable) aslong as tere are no enemies in the local.

Tower capping, and influence blocker deeds

This is a mechanic used by all kingdom on Chaos. Dropping a s5 deed in an area will not allow capping of towers for (correct me if im wrong) 150 tiles in each direction of your village boarder. This can lock down huge areas for a very low cost. I suggest either tower capping is removed, or that villages only stop tower capping for the towers on deed.

Tower capping imo should be reverted to chain capping, as this encourages advancement and progression through the map. Not being able to cap towers at all would be a slow and painful process with the amout of bashing.

Deeds should be limited (ill add later)

Artifacts

Artifacts seriously need looking at. They either need to be reviewed carefully, or removed entirely from the game. At the current moment in time, they are not worth using in PvP, and require a huge amount of maintenance to keep them.

Twitter

I miss the old times where you could raid a deed without being scared of the second you stepped a toe on the deed. Please remove twitter as it stagnates PvP.

+1 Remove any and all 3rd party sites or apps that alerts anyone to their deed being raided.

Information ministor (Your informers reley information...) rubbish

Please remove this! Its yet another way which stagnates PvP! Smaller, roaming groups cannot operate now.

I feel as if roaming, and small group skirmishes have deminished since the removal of mine doors being used as safe spots on the map for smaller groups. This encouraged people off of deed more often, thus creating more PvP.

+1

WL/BL bashing and their influence range

The WL/BL should remain bashable, but i recon their influence of no buildings/deed/whatever should be increased by a lot. Perhaps 400-600 tiles so that they cannot be locked down by anyone.

I agree but could be fun to allow mine doors only.

HotA

Make the HotA on an island where no deeds, walls, mines or anything can be planted! This will stop stagnation of the HotA and make it fair to all to access. HotA should be a PvP creation zone.

+1 again. perhaps not an island but an are where no buildings or walls can be made, terraforming only and again could be fun with mine doors allowed only.

Non-premium mayors

Please, for heavens sake, allow mayor non-premium players to be able to spawn at their own deed! Its so annoying!

+1

PMK Village Cap

There should be some sort of cap on the amount of deeds a PMK can place. Perhaps 5 villages can be placed every 1% of influence the kingdom has (IDK something ballanced). This should stop war deed spam.

I think (depending on the size of the map) there should be a limit of villages per PMK, 15 was a good number I thought.

1 Main deed up to size 100 for the capital.

4 Medium sized deeds. up to size 50 for claiming strategic points and securing an area around your capital

10 small deeds up to size 25. These are your frontal deeds and pvp outposts.

I also would like to see a change in the draining of coffers. Either 5 consecutive drains disbands the deed. Or a change in the time to redrain, for example you drain at 00:00 the first time, you can only drain again in the next 18-24 hours. This change in time would allow for all different time zones to hopefully have mroe of chance, with taking out the twitter alerts aswell. You can either get rid of a deed very easiliy if gone undetected or have a more diverse amount of defenders on.

I also believe that meditation/sotg should be adjusted. With the amount of players who abused the meditation mechanic that now have sotg is absurd. And still think it should be a timed effect like PoH. 10 minute use and cannot be used again for 18 hours.

Epic loot code

There is nothing more annoying than when over powering the enemy completely in a skirmish and they managed to nab the corpse of your mate who is the only one on your team who dies. Of course sods law kicks in and their res stone works. Please make it so corpses can only be picked up when an enemy isnt anywhere near it!

I don't see a problem with this really. +1

Merchant taunting

Please add merchant taunting to Chaos. I feel like everyone finds it annoying that people use them as impenetrable loot storage holders.

Yes please! +1

Logged off alts in boats for speed

This is a nasty little trick used so that your sailboat is full speed without the risk of your alts being at the discretion of arrows and other pointy objects. Characters logged on a boat should increase the speed, once they are logged off they should not add to the total spead of the boat.

I have a feeling this would 'interfer' with freedom and would not be possible, but at the same time I would like to see this added.

Edited by Lulu
  • Like 2

+1 to all except the hota one

Hota requires fast horses. On an island, people will eventually make landbridges to it to get hellhorses there, as we have seen on epic.  This leads to war deeds and grief to prevent other kingdoms from being able to hota by removing their land access and ability to bring hellhorses. 

Examples:

Spoiler

What rome did to our bridge:

64cf65faf0e6a1e4fa11e4b3f8510407.jpg

What we did in response (notice the roman war deed that they planted to keep that tower that they capped from us):

e13d765ca0ea9c5a3396d188c0d4d9d1.jpg

What rome did in response to this nice large open bridge:

fc4d9a180ce72c52d21d06ce72ffc249.jpg

In summary: HotA should be accessible by horse in every direction, as it was on old elevation. 

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bloodscythe said:

Thinking about this more, theres a few issues (I've put them in the OP). Can you, or anyone else, think of a workaround for getting influence to islands (without making islands with towers...) and to allow for new starting up PMKS to get influence to them?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redd said:

Thinking about this more, theres a few issues (I've put them in the OP). Can you, or anyone else, think of a workaround for getting influence to islands (without making islands with towers...) and to allow for new starting up PMKS to get influence to them?

there is currently a mechanic in place that lets you start a tower provided there is no influence within 250? 500? tiles in each direction, friendly or enemy.

@Alexgopen

It's worth keeping in mind that the second screenshot you posted doesn't show where the walls were, it's also worth keeping in mind that it was your kingdom who outnumbered rome 3-4 to 1 and walled in the left and right side of your landbridge and basically all up your coast and left the materials out for us to place five or six walls on the bridge. If you couldn't hold that bridge with those numbers being just outside your capitol, it's not a mechanic problem, it's an effort problem.

Edited by Propheteer

Artifacts

Personally I cannot speak for all of them, however we hold the Scepter and Scale on Epic. Those two are perfectly fine and work really good imo. 

I feel if this were to be implemented back into the game, they should increase the damage done to off deed mine doors when bashed significantly. At certain qualities of the mine door at the moment they can provide so much security depending on the number of people bashing that the person can log off before the others finish bashing. 

Non-premium mayors

I feel non-prem's should not be able to be deed mayors at all, require all mayors to be premium to shorten the usage of alts. 

HotA

One solution to prevent the dominance / control of hota by one kingdom would be do what they did on epic. Add a no build zone around hota, however on epic the no build zone is not large enough. If this were to be done on chaos make a no build zone that's 200 tiles out in every direction of hota zone. That will prevent kingdoms from dropping deeds near hota for safety. 

One thing you did not mention that would be very good for chaos, is Tower Chaining. Require towers to be chained, to remove the whole concept there is at the moment of let me drop a tower here just to cover this choke point and deed it, when their next closes tower is like 300 tiles + away. As for your other suggestion they all hit the nail. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 4

The elevation map with prebuilt towers on the islands?