Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Human Breeding

Once upon a time a miscommunication among staff led to child models and even the ability to breed humans, both player and NPC.

Shenanigans ensued...

I'm curious if that code or remnants still exists in the base?

Klaa lol. What would you propose to do with these?  

On WU the owner of a server accidentally spawned about a hundred "Humans" who proceeded to spam the local with all kinds of weird messages. They looked (and acted) just like noobies, but I don't think any mobs chased them. Some of them immediately acted like sea horses and swam far into the ocean, others climbed the steepest slopes.  In the end they were extremely annoying, because everywhere you turned a human would spam your local you with nonsense.  Only way to get rid of them was to hunt them down and put them out of their misery...however, I sometimes wonder if a few escaped and still roam the outer reaches of that weird and wonderful world...

24dc9ee.jpgCHezISUUEAAMJGz.jpg

24dc9ee.jpg24dc9ee.jpgCHezISUUEAAMJGz.jpgshenanigans_zpskevumdrr.jpg

• Like 2

Lmao, that might explain the "child" actor that you can spawn (Just a black texture default model).

And yeah, the npc "humans" are quite hilarious. I'm so gonna quote them next time i'm on WO.

It is disabled, but there are some leftovers in the code. Like...

if (cid == 66) {
                            zombie = true;
                            if (sex == 1) {
                                newname = LoginHandler.raiseFirstLetter("Daughter of " + this.name);
                            }
                            else {
                                newname = LoginHandler.raiseFirstLetter("Son of " + this.name);
                            }
                            if (this.getKingdomTemplateId() != 3) {
                                cid = 25;
                                zombie = false;
                            }
                        }
                        final Creature newCreature = doNew(cid, true, this.getPosX(), this.getPosY(), Server.rand.nextFloat() * 360.0f, this.getLayer(), newname, sex, (byte)(this.isAggHuman() ? this.getKingdomId() : 0), (byte)(Server.rand.nextBoolean() ? this.getStatus().modtype : 0), zombie, (byte)1);
                        this.getCommunicator().sendAlertServerMessage("You give birth to " + newCreature.getName() + "!");

Oh yeah and

this.getCommunicator().sendAlertServerMessage("You suddenly bleed immensely and lose your unborn child due to malnourishment!");

Sounds fun :unsure: