Sign in to follow this  
Drakeling

Admin commands no longer working

I'm not sure when this stopped working correctly, but I just recently noticed  it seems if I try and use an admin command in game, e.g. /setmoneypool 1 password , it no longer works and says it's an unknown command.

Some troubleshooting I've done is:

Setting the admin password from the GUI then starting the server. In which case if I relaunch the server from the GUI again I notice the admin password field is cleared.

I've also started the server from the command line with the adminpwd parameter.

Neither of these worked. I'm starting to suspect it was removed, disabled, or perhaps it's just bugged. I tried looking through the forums to see if anyone else has reported this yet, but I couldn't find anything. Is there anyone else that is experiencing this same issue? It would be nice to have these admin commands working again.

Check and see if the Admin password is still in the Wurmlogin.db [password] field.    

Edited by razoreqx

I have the same problem as OP, no matter what I do in the GUI (both WU & Dedicated Server)  there is no adminpwd active in the game.

There is a property in the 'serverproperties' table 'called ADMINPASSWORD'; it's the only place in the wurmlogin.db that I found something relevant.

I stopped the server, then updated the field into the adminpwd I want, and then restarted the server. GUI reads the property and displays the value in the corresponding field.

However, when the server starts, it clears the value and there's still no adminpwd active in the game.

Edited by adonies
typos

Seems that admin password can only be set via a command line start up.

Make a short cut to the server executable. and put adminpwd=<yourpassword> at the end

eg.

"..\Games\WU Adventure Server\WurmServerLauncher.exe" adminpwd=<mypassword>