Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Celebration Event - Feb-27-2016

It's time once again to get ready for a treasure hunt.  Unfortunately for you this time I am designing this hunt, in other words, your survival is not guaranteed.  In fact I would seriously recommend some decent armor and a good trusty weapon.

The event will be held on the 27th, this Saturday.  I will give a more precise time soon.

auction_timer_E1456588791.gif

Unlike Spellcast's previous hunts where we usually gathered around a start point, this time it will be up to you to find the event's starting location.

As usual the first clue will be posted here.  From that clue you will be left to your own means to find the start.

I hope you enjoy the event, but always remember, I have been known to be rather sadistic, so your missteps and deaths may be recorded for our amusement!

This has been a fair warning,

/Enki (Head Game Master)

The following texts have been translated from an old and uncommon language found chiseled into a piece of drift wood The clues, written below, that could still be read detail a previously unheard of expedition to what is now known as the Celebration Isles. On the back of the piece of wood is a piece of a map. It is now up to you to take this information and try to find out what became of this long lost expedition.

(All translations below are as accurate as can be due to deterioration and may require good reading comprehension to solve.)

Spoiler

New Horizons Expeditionary Force under the command of Capt. Greenbeard at the behest of the aged queen.

Thirty-eight suns have set since our launch from the infested lands. The seas are troubled, the ship tossed though sound but growing ripe with unpleasant odor. Hints of land still south over the horizon.

Fourty-four suns have set, new land finally in sight, two towering peaks southerly east and a large inlet due south with low land to our southerly west as the sun sets. The mighty winds that were have all but ignored our pleas. A pungent perfume plagues our ship in this calamitous calm. Second Mate Noodles complained of the smell and threatened to cut off his nose. If only we had an oar....

Fourty-Nine suns have set. Still no wind, and the stench! The unholy foul stench above! Second Mate Noodles could be heard screaming from stern to bow, cursing the stench with words just as foul. Crew cannot take much more. If only we had an oar....

Fifty suns have set since our departure. Our sails remain stilled.

Second Mate Noodles was found with a sack of grain over his face. Our Surgeon stated that it was the worst case of 'big toe' he had ever seen. Apparently, a horrible way to go.

Closer we drift towards the massive inlet into these lands unspoiled... If only we had an oar....

Fifty-one suns and finally we reach the unspoiled lands thanks to Noodles who hath posthumously provided the means we needed to reach shore. Upon landfall we buried all of Noodles with honors, marking his grave with the best stone we could find nearby.

Today our expedition truly begins marked by death but spirit and reason strong. I shall send one back to each previous waypoint along our journey to leave word for following crews. Follow our markers and we shall exploit the resources of this new land for our King and Queen.

Capt. Greenbeard

5lt16u.jpg

Keep in mind that the lands of Celebration have likely undergone changes since it was settled and may not look the same as these adventureres first explored it. What once was barren may now be forest, what once was water may now be terraformed land, etc. You may even need to figure out what the terrain originally looked like when it was new to follow in their footsteps. Examine any of these waypoints the translation mentions for additional clues.

Good Luck!

Edited by Enki
Start!
  • Like 17

YAY TREASURE HUNT!!! :D

Can the starting point be located ahead of time? Oops. Just learned how to read.

Edited by sEeDliNgS
  • Like 1

If I die during this, I want you to show proof you recorded it. I wont go down easily.

• Like 3

Since Nic seems to think he is going to die, I plan to stand behind him. He'll make a nice meat shield.

• Like 7

If there's widespread destruction, dragons, and fire... maybe.

Great news! I'm sad I won't be near Wurm at the event start but will catch up later just following the Ariadne's string made of corpses bringing a fast shovel for effective bury speed. ..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Klaa said:

If there's widespread destruction, dragons, and fire... maybe.

I may be there, in some form, so that's fire off your list! :P

• Like 2

8 hours ago, zigozag said:

So it's not safe to come there with a free alt, i take it?

Based on the utter harassment of the native species while setting things up.....  I would let someone else go first as bait.

• Like 3

ooooo lots of people to harass... i mean say hello to on my server. O-16 area has lodge, beds etc. I can throw up more free beds in temp housing if anyone wants to sail down early. It's close to tap dance so good spot to meet up if anyone wants.

• Like 1

Blacksmith has free beds too on first floor of workshop. H21 5 minutes east from tapdance. We welcome you.

will the event run all night to sunday? i missed the one before, and i'll be home late saturday so hope there's still some spelunking to do when i get home B)

Edited by kaizoo

Should upload death videos to youtube so we can watch lol :P

• Like 1

Kaizoo, the event will be playable for at least a week.

• Like 1

D= I just realised i wont be there ;_; My birthday is the 26th and ill be with family. I wont be able to enjoy enki shenanigans...(atleast on the first day)

Edited by Nicrolis

36 minutes ago, Nicrolis said:

D= I just realised i wont be there ;_; My birthday is the 26th and ill be with family. I wont be able to enjoy enki shenanigans...(atleast on the first day)

Happy early birthday.  My birthday was a few days ago on Monday.  I, as well, won't be around on the 27th for most of the day.  The 27th is double feature day for me at the movies!  Going to see Gods of Egypt and Deadpool back-to-back.  Anyhow, yeah, I won't be around either!

• Like 1

I have never been to a treasure hunt, so I have a question about the mechanics of it all. Can someone tell me how these things work? I mean... if I don't show up in the first few hours, I can still do the quest but all the rewards will be gone by then? Or do you get something for completion of it, regardless of when you do it?

Heck I'm attending just cause I heard the great Valdor was rumored to attend.  when trying to think about horses , and on xanadu...I had pondered his ordeal and possibilities of horse via the mail system.

Just shy of 13 hours until it starts people!  The first clue will be on the OP of this thread.

Valdor to answer your question, yes, you do not have to be there for the very start, you can join in days later and still obtain a special item just for successfully completing the treasure hunt.

Bloodscythe to answer your question.. err statement, yes having a horse would be alright since it is always a good idea to bring along a snack for the journey.

What Blood is refering there is a horse we were able to successful dismantle once, send over the mail and assemble on the other side, thus making the first Wurm horse mail transfer. Ah, those were the days...

And that's great news, Enki! Really looking forward to this adventure now!

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 2

I'm laughing at blood mailing animal parts around cause I did that to gumbo yesterday as a joke lol. And hopefully I don't get any horse parts mailed to me...*looks at blood riding on one of my horses* XD

• Like 1

"part of the ship, part of the crew"

-Beastwolf King of Esteron

(Raven's starfall, 1034) -- (starfall of Omens,1055.) RIP

wurm_20160227_2101.jpg

Edited by Beastwolf
death of a mighty warrior
  • Like 1