Sign in to follow this  
Gaul

New pvp server

I think time has come that a new pvp server on the left side of Release should be set up.

• Scope for all players to set their foot in pvp. 
  • It would be difficult for 1 kingdom to control 2 servers. 
  • Both would have separate hota's.
  • Thus more pvp and would increase the number of players who pvp, since they dont have to worry about 1 kingdom controlling 30-40% land.
  • Even smaller groups can have deeds on pvp lands as more space. 
  • No negative side in having 2 pvp servers. We have so many pve servers.

Think about the points and give any useful ideas if you like. Dont be like -1 since you post this or +1 since i want this.

• Like 2

I think 8 km x 8 km is a good pvp server. Like the challenge 2 map. Really class map that was. 

• Like 3

Reset the chaos sever as it stands fix the broken parts of pvp,

1. make less land build-able
  2. make tower chaining only Way to control more land
  3. fix pvp combat system by buffing none sotg path's and even just new char in pvp.
  4. fix the dif armor types becuz as it stand drake hide and scale only 2 good ones and plate is ok till you get it
  5. fix it so all weapons do same damage as in this group types small,mid,large (more damage vs dif armor types)
  • Like 1

no thanks

the current pvp population is already way too small as it is, merge the two and delete one.

• Like 8

A better option would be to make it harder for a single large kingdom to establish a near-monopoly on Chaos. As it stands, there's little reason why the largest kingdom can't simply crush everyone else and establish quasi-permanent control of the server. In fact, that's basically what has already happened.

I don't know what the solution is, because I'm not that familiar with PvP. Maybe kingdoms need their own form of upkeep that scales with size, or some other way of representing internal administrative costs... or maybe some other way to introduce internal kingdom conflict.

3 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

A better option would be to make it harder for a single large kingdom to establish a near-monopoly on Chaos. As it stands, there's little reason why the largest kingdom can't simply crush everyone else and establish quasi-permanent control of the server. In fact, that's basically what has already happened.

I don't know what the solution is, because I'm not that familiar with PvP. Maybe kingdoms need their own form of upkeep that scales with size, or some other way of representing internal administrative costs... or maybe some other way to introduce internal kingdom conflict.

normally that doesn't happen, but after epic was released they had the most population retention when everyone else had left, so they didn't really have any opposition for any months which let them set a solid foundation for the land they took.

most of the people that left had sold their accounts too, so they also have most of the better accounts now too. :)

Getting your suggestion count up huh

-1... time to remove some servers, not add

• Like 2

I was rambling on some other thread about the toxic mindsets "people like you have" and that "everyone all shares the same ideas that have that mindset"

I mean I wasn't wrong 

• Like 1

-1 as the community is split enough already. We got 5 pvp servers (+ challenge when its open), its more then enough.

1 hour ago, Redd said:

Do not need to split the community more.

By saying that, does that mean you are in favor of the Epic merger?

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cornchips said:

I was rambling on some other thread about the toxic mindsets "people like you have" and that "everyone all shares the same ideas that have that mindset"

I mean I wasn't wrong 

We miss you cornchips, there are fires here too to put out..gah!!!

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, icbash said:

fix the dif armor types becuz as it stand drake hide and scale only 2 good ones and plate is ok till you get i

Oh boy, I bought drake so that means I can solo anyone!!
790 ilevel bitches

Not.

I don't see an issue with plate compared to drake / scale. I haven't used the drake / scale, but at least my prospective I don't see an issue with it.
If another PvP server is made to 'fix' the current issues, it would just add to the failcascade and I'd probably stop playing on the Freedom cluster because Rolf clearly wouldn't give a crap about fixing the apparent issues we clearly have.
Another island wont help anything. We need a map reset, and preferably a population merge between Epic and Chaos.

Sorry.

• Like 1

Split up the pvp population even more does not solve anything. I'd like to see the epic cluster removed as it's in a dying state anyway, accounts there transfered to freedom cluster with a proper skill convertion and a map reset of Chaos where we can form new kingdoms with the new influx of players and go crazy. But I know there's no way in hell that will happen as many won't agree to it, lol.

• Like 2

This is the wrong time and for the wrong reasons to spread even thinner a waning pvp population.  Resets are never the solution to the problem either but instead a shiny quick fix to deeper issues.  Those that want to pvp stay those that come back for shiny reset leave shortly after and back to square one.    Merging is a sexy idea that would force a pressure cooker of fun.  I also do miss test server type challenge rounds, they have great value in that testing but not as standalone pvp solution.  You can't stop human nature, people want to win in whatever they conceive that as, and what they do to "win" may not always be good for server and long term pvp.  Changes asked for or complaints about mechanics are often driven by this and how it negatively impacts someones personal goals in the moment, yet having little concern or awareness of what they want and push for ultimately kills the animal that has been feeding them.

• Like 4

No new servers until and unless the core of Wurm PvP is actually defined clearly and appropriate mechanisms in place to support it and act as enablers and not as so often currently happens inhibitors to combat.

Considering that PvP has been around pretty much since the beginning there has been, at least in my opinion, very little thought about what it is and how it should work from the Dev team. Even now it feels like we have this great medieval crafting game and PvP is simply a bolt on or cheap overlay on top of it. Thats just wrong.

• Like 4

Chaos is good for those that like it and those on Freedom wanting to keep their skills trying out PvP.  Epic is good for some reason, I play there so that's one

No need for more, no challenge, no extra servers, leave it as is and focus on changes/fixes that we've been wanting forever

• Like 3

Honestly, I think merging epic with chaos in the freedom cluster would be beneficial.  I also think Xanadu should be removed as a server, as the pve population is spread too thin as well.  This would put all servers in the freedom cluster and shrink some of the massive gaps in population density throughout.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Xanadu will be the last server to go.  1/3 of the PvE population of Wurm lives there!

I don't like the thought of a new "Chaos" either, but it's probably the only way there will be balance in PvP again.  I agree with Icbash, PvP, not the map(s), are what need to be fixed (except SoTG).

3 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Xanadu will be the last server to go.  1/3 of the PvE population of Wurm lives there!

I don't like the thought of a new "Chaos" either, but it's probably the only way there will be balance in PvP again.  I agree with Icbash, PvP, not the map(s), are what need to be fixed (except SoTG).

It also has one of the lowest population densities.  It is, effectively, an empty server.

Truly if the game ever shrank down to one server, which I don't see happening, Independence would be the last one standing, not Xanadu.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1