Sign in to follow this  
Vojtin

How to use smelting pot

Good day, I follow this page to smelt some iron items but the way how it describes smelting pot should be used doesn't work for me. I put a smelting pot and a hammer head into my inventory. Both glowing from heat. Then I select smelting pot by doubleclicking it, right click the hammer head and according the wiki there should be Smelting menu item somewhere in the menu. But no such menu item appears. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

When using the smelting pot, everything needs to be hotter than just glowing, although glowing is the hottest displayed heat.  The trick is to leave them in the forge for longer - if you pull out the smelting pot, activate it, right click on the thing you want to smelt (which can still be in the forge), and there's no 'smelt' option, put the pot back in the forge and wait a little longer.

Thanks for answers! I was able to smelt items like pickaxe and saw in the end. But I'm unable to smelt small padlock, gate lock, key because "Smelt" menu item doesn't appear. It looks like some iron items can't be smelted.