Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Ramps inside buildings

Let us build ramp tile inside buildings, it should work like stairs but allow to move by wagon/horse between the floors.

• Like 8

just allow us to build bridges within a building, solves the issue and keeps things consistent in terms of number of tiles needed to move animals/carts to upper levels. (currently a bridge from ground to the first floor requires 2 tiles)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, spellcast said:

just allow us to build bridges within a building, solves the issue and keeps things consistent in terms of number of tiles needed to move animals/carts to upper levels. (currently a bridge from ground to the first floor requires 2 tiles)

Also good solution. Problematic could be that bridge and also building are both structures.

Edited by Wilczan

Yeah, I feel like there are probably lingering technical issues concerning structure overlap that would prevent bridges inside structures, otherwise we'd probably already have bridges that can criss-cross each other.

Some sort of ramp inside a building would be nice, but wouldn't it have to be multiple tiles long? After all, it's 30 height between floors, and a single 30 slope is several units more than we can actually walk up without climbing.

Technical issues aside, some form of this would be great.

i have a workshop that connects the deed to the highway with a ramp that goes through it.
Extremely functional. it's a joy.
it is possible to put a ramp through the building with a little creative compromise.  although, +1
http://imgur.com/a/kw8yk

1 hour ago, Steveleeb said:

i have a workshop that connects the deed to the highway with a ramp that goes through it.
Extremely functional. it's a joy.
it is possible to put a ramp through the building with a little creative compromise.  although, +1
http://imgur.com/a/kw8yk

Strictly speaking, couldn't you also have an in-building ramp by cutting out a 1x2 section of the floor plan and placing the ramp there (15 slope per tile)? Granted, you still couldn't have floors on top of that ramp.

I don't think it would be easy to make ramps inside buildings, otherwise tich would of done so. There are limits with bridges over buildings to prevent people from accessing someones house as well. Not sure why bridges can't cross a fence, perhaps it is the same reason as well. My recent building I am working on incorporates 2 ramps, one for 2nd floor access then a another for 3rd floor access, crafting area's storage. Ladders/spiral stairs for access to all the floors, with ropes to haul stuff up, teleporting carts/wagons and instant push actions it is really easy to move larger items up and down a ladder now and move into position in a room. Working on the upper floors I am no longer even bothering using a cart to move the crates up, just been using a rope and blasting the crates of bricks and mortar across the floor for building. I really wanted a stone bridge on the front, but the supports for stone cover 2 stories and would of mostly blocked the front door, so had to go with wood.

Gq8487U.jpg?1

• Like 1

I feel like this kind of feature would take a lot of work.  I'm not a programmer, so I don't speak with any authority on this, but it definitely sounds like something the devs would say is more complicated than it looks. :D

IF stairs and bridges base on the same structures, does it means that on both we could ride on horse/wagon? Could be.

Bridges as ramps, on exterior, are great to getting into another level but there are not always a room to create them, in that case we use openings trick with wagon to transport it between floors.

With a big effort it is possible to transport wagon by stairs, but it is buggy and complicated.

Edited by Wilczan

PLEASE allow ramps inside buildings.  Or:  Bridges inside buildings to act as ramps.  :)