Sign in to follow this  
Tryst

Looking for:

I don't have the skill to create my own maps but I'm looking for a 4096x4096 map similar to Ereb Altor that has gently sloping hills as mountains rather than cliff faces and lots of fairly flat land and a large single land mass with a few very small islands rather than lots of small islands and practically no central land mass.

If anyone knows where I can download one like that for my server, I'd be grateful if they could link it.

I used to play on a private server that had an ideal map but due to overly frequent updates requiring the owner to take it down and update it as well as all the mods that went with it, it was down more often than it was online so he gave up. The guy worked for a living so I can understand why, I did the same with my Ark Survival Evolved server due to new updates coming at me faster than I could keep it updated. But Wurm servers are not easy to get up and running properly to start with, especially with having to play about to get mods installed as well.

I started generating the map and had one that kind of worked, but the map files are huge for 4096. We're talking 65mb per file. So not really an object for a file transfer.

Spoiler

mbl2BR9.jpg

I have a brand new 2048x2048 1x server if you may be interested in. I work from home, so I can get things up and running quite quickly for updates.

It's not one land mass, but I feel like I did a pretty good job generating, populating it's biomes, and I'm pretty proud of it. My Server's Map.

The server is called Lagenon.

If you still really want the 4096 map, I could give you the actions file for the WGenerator, so that it will load it up and you'll just have to save things locally.