Sign in to follow this  
Proximo

Fog Spiders - Are they real?

So after riding around in desperation for hours in heavy fog, I'm yet again frustrated by the fact that I've never seen one of these new creatures.  Much less having killed one.

First off I want to thank the devs for finally adding a new mob type.  Those of us who can kill trolls in our sleep appreciate it. 

But something needs to be done.  The fog+Fog Spiders event doesn't feel very..well..event like if you can't even find them.   When the fog rolls in, these things should be WAY more visible and plentiful.  They should swarm out from the fog.  When the fog rolls in, people should be like "Oh crap, my FS is kinda low...I better stay inside or keep a look out!"

More fog spiders please!

• Like 2

They ARE real. I just made deed in a place, where mobs are really rare to find. 3 fog spiders just pop up at my docks. I was afk and just heard this creepy spider sound and realized that this spider is much faster and... black. It was really cool experience and I was a little scared of it. :)

Umm... More fog spiders please! Even if my fighting is around 10! :D

• Like 2

-1 to more of them till they drop something useful. Spend a day digging and highlight around with your mouse when the fog comes in. You will find one or it will find you.

Zerocool this really isn't a game where you farm mobs for "loot", so not sure what that has to do with anything...

[19:37:59] Mature fog spider has arrived.

They do are real. appear in the fog, might teleport around and are kinda hard to kill, decent health pool.

A bit sad for the lack of achievement or decent corpse model, can always hope they will fix one and/or the other. Fun to fight otherwise, specially when they teleport away while stunning you for a few seconds.

They turn into a puddle of water when they die or fog ends.

Seems decent to me seeing how they are fog spiders.

2 hours ago, Proximo said:

Zerocool this really isn't a game where you farm mobs for "loot", so not sure what that has to do with anything...

For the tasks I do, fighting them is forced. With the time taken preparing salve and then fighting them, there is very little reward. They might as well be a macro check.

Edit: Bears drop teeth and furs, wolves drop paws, crocodiles drop hides, trolls drop glands, scorpions drop cochineal. There is a precedent.

Edited by Zerocool

only ones i've seen are the ones that seem to have spawned in the water and died....ie: a lot of corpses in the water

Is their spawn rate tied into the server creature count cap or something?

I just can't believe how hard I've tried to find one and have failed.  It shouldn't be just up to dumb luck whether or not you find one in my opinion.

Since they are "fog spiders" one swift slash of the blade should cut right through them, dispelling them once again into the mists. Then they would split in half and two would emerge. Hit them once again and four more are added. A nightmarish scenario with no more impact than a figment (or many) of the imagination, I would then welcome them to be. Nevermore!

=Ayes=

I saw 3-4 live ones at once the last time we had fog. There were also a ton of regular spiders, I was suspecting a spider spawner but then after the fog the spider population went back to normal. They can kill templars/guards. The ones I fought were like strong scorpions.

• Like 1

Last week I made a trip to GlassHollow on Thursday and ran into 3 of them (not at the same place).

They are tough buggers with a high HP pool but were not THAT hard to kill if you properly geared.

I loved the corpses so much I took 2 of them back home and dropped then for display. I made some screen shots

that I will upload when I am at home tonight.

Fog spiders poison you (!!!!) and have an alarming amount of natural armor.

Yes, they're real, and they're spectacular.