Sign in to follow this  
Podrick

Looking for home

Hello, I am new to Wurm and I have no idea what I am doing. I don't understand what plots, inns, beds or anything else do. I read through the items in the tutorial area and have gone over the wiki. After looking through some posts it seems some groups use people as slave labor to harvest them resources. I do not want to be that person. I am looking for a good community that works together to achieve goals. Are there any active groups still around?

If you are on Xanadu, I would recommend The Amish Estates. From what I have heard and seen, it is a very nice place. I have not been there, but Aniceset seems to be a very nice person & I don't think she asks much of her villagers other than to have fun. 

• Like 2

No server yet. I logged out looking at the portal in the tutorial area. I figured I'd do some research before I take that plunge.

I suggest coming to Independence or Deliverance instead of Xanadu.  Inde is the oldest server in the Freedom cluster, so there are a lot of pretty good people around to help you out along the way and point you in a good direction.  Xanadu is nice, but has a very low population density due to the server being extremely massive.  Deliverance and Inde have the highest population densities.  Anyhow, that's just my opinion.  I myself own a deed on Independence and would be happy to have you around, however I'm quite busy usually so I don't have a lot of time on hand to help out newbies.  You are more than welcome to come play though, get a little bit of experience under your belt, and if you decide you want to stick around I'd be happy to recruit you to my village.  Most deeds aren't into slave labor by the way, that's just a myth. ;)  If you find a good mayor or good group of people you'll never be forced into slave labor.

I live on Independece with my two of my IRL friends Knightirl and Guruen (swedes). Knightirl is also rather new and we help eachother out for a good wurm experience. No slavery here, wurm is supposed to be fun!

PM me if you would like to join :)

I wouldn't knock Xanadu off the list. It's size makes it easy to find a good spot once you're comfortable and ready to go out on your own.

If you do want to be on Xan, Haven Heights has a great spot to start out near Linton. Freedom to do what you wish (no slave labor), with support from both new and experienced players alike. 

Edited by belacane

On 2/19/2016 at 10:53 AM, zethreal said:

If you are on Xanadu, I would recommend The Amish Estates. From what I have heard and seen, it is a very nice place. I have not been there, but Aniceset seems to be a very nice person & I don't think she asks much of her villagers other than to have fun. 

Thanks for sending him my way Zeth, never saw this post until today but he has been with us since and fitting in well :)

• Like 1

Have you considered trying a PvP group? The JK Kingdom is one the closest knit groups you will find, and we all work to create and build for the good of the kingdom, not rely on slave labor of a few individuals. Give us a shot, more details such as where to sign up here:

On 2/29/2016 at 1:35 PM, JKRecruitment said:

Hey JK, I actually considered that first but was told to get established on a pve server first, because people would assume I was a spy.