Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #7 testing...testing..1..2..3..

header.png

Hi Everyone!

It's Friday, and that means it's news day! As well as the day to play Rebecca Black really loudly, right? ... On with the news!

Patch notes

Spoiler
February 18, 2016
  • Fix for village invitations and team management popups (part 2).
  • Changed so can pack tiles as deep as you can pave them. Only NW corner is checked.
  • Archery fix so you can kill horses on enemy deeds on PvP servers.
  • Made permissions so that enemy of the planter can take the planted item.
  • Possible fix for entering and leaving caves on carts.

February 16, 2016
  • Made item movement 5 times faster while character is on deed and have proper permissions.
  • Made load/unload 2 times faster off deed and 10 times faster on deed.
  • Made planting off deed slightly faster and on deed much faster.
  • Fix for village invitations and team management popups.
  • Fix for permissions check for archery.
  • Fixed a bug with converting deeds to a PMK where it wouldn’t properly check if there is any enemy influence or village nearby.
  • Change so floors act like walls for Vynora.
  • Lowered height at which fences can be built.
  • Fixed bug preventing rose seedlings from spawning on tall and wild grass.
  • Low quality iron can be found while foraging on grass.
  • Added small chance to rummage flint from rock times.
  • Fix so cannot cast dirt spell on containers that have liquid in.
  • Fix for replacing a lock to gates off deed if a lock is already attached. Note: attaching a lock gives you the ownership of the gate.

Testify!

Its been a hugely busy week on the test server, with transformation liquids getting the twice over, and the ability to place fences up to 15 dirt underwater (-15 slope). These features have had numerous testers jumping on and I'd like to thank you all personally for checking it out. We hope to continue to have features like this on the test server and will be sure to continue to update you all about what's being tested. This also includes cave dwellings, which are nearing completion, stay tuned for a test thread this weekend!

Offline mode!

Monday has a big beta update coming to Wurm Unlimited, we will be releasing offline single player mode! Gone is the need to configure ports and have internet access, you'll be able to play your server locally on your own computer when travelling, when the internet is down, or when you just want to avoid the hassle, simply start steam in offline mode and away you go. So if you have always wanted to try out Wurm Unlimited, but didn't want to deal with the internet configuration, the wait is almost over! (LAN mode will be available, but you will need to configure the ports if you do this)

Transforming and PvP

Last week we saw the announcement of the Transformation liquids. We took feedback on PvP issues and have discussed this at length with the development team. As such we have brought in these changes:

• Added slope check of tile, max height difference between corners is 25 for pvp and 40 for pve (including diagonal)
  • More liquid required to create a resource tile (PvP only) (Requires 1.5 times the liquid)
  • Easier to revert a previously transformed resource tile (PvE and PvP) (Twice as easy)

For those with rights, on deed transformations as well as those in perimeters also carry a slight bonus, requiring two thirds of the usual liquid to create, and half to remove

Account Security

There was a recent case handled by the GM team which included the loss of goods from a shared character, and I've been asked to raise the importance of account security.There is ZERO safety in sharing your account, whether via password or via hash. If you do choose to share your account, you do so at your own risk, any items lost or damage done with or to the account are not covered by the GM team, and action will not be taken. If you have shared your account in the past, please use the password reset tool to ensure that you alone access your account.

Weekly question

What is your next big Wurm project?

Weekly screenshot

This screenshot was sent to me quite some time ago, and i've sadly forgotten who sent it, but I find it quite haunting, a miner mining out zinc vein, with light tokens glowing in the dark, enjoy!

screenshot.jpg

That's it from me this week, we will be announcing the start of the deed design comp this weekend too, so keep your eyes peeled!

Until then though, keep on wurming!

-Retrograde

• Like 9

I see my suggestion was taken into consideration as usual. Good work guys, keep listening to the pros and the game will be even more awesome than it is.

• Like 1

Nice progress :)

Just a little hint:

ad password security) via hash is wrong. You aren't storing the password as a hash on your PC, it is just an encrypted version of your passoword. Everyone can easily decrypt it. A hash would be extremely hard to decrypt and would be more secure, but can't be used on the client side.

Edited by Sklo:D

Why did you guys put the underwater fences and stuff on the test server for us to test when it was already added to live servers before the testing post even went up?

Those Fences!!

I thought earlier of those and though it would be awesome to have some kind of fences you can sail through. I hope its coming soon.

By the way, what happened to to the trousers and the marble statues what have been announced a while ago?

Will underground housing allow beds to work underground? Please say yes so i never need to see the surface light again

• Like 5

beds need a completed house (ground floor) to work, so i am confident that it is a yes for cave beds as nothing less than houses on the cave layer are the plan.

Underground housing is an exciting change and i might come play the game again if this is implemented

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

Underground housing is an exciting change and i might come play the game again if this is implemented

Hey mate.  You're a legend.  Come play the game again with me on my deed in Independence.  :D

• Like 1

Don't know if it's a coincidence or the idea of underwater fences was inspired by my suggestion, but thanks a lot for making it real! However... Why 15?

What is the minimum depth you need for all ships to be able to pass without running aground? If it's 15, perfect. If it's deeper than that, why don't you show love to the tall ships?

16 minutes ago, zethreal said:

What is the minimum depth you need for all ships to be able to pass without running aground? If it's 15, perfect. If it's deeper than that, why don't you show love to the tall ships?

I believe it's something like 21 dirts deep.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

All these people acting like this or that is my suggestions....   Its most likely been suggested many times before and even posted on forums.  Lol you people are the special ones.

• Like 3

This is the worst fix to prevent pvp abuse.

Whats to stop someone transforming some flat tiles first and then dropping dirt past 25 slope?

Pretty much screwing over whoever wants to fix it without needing a ton of potions now that you increased it on pvp?

Why not make the logical fix and make it kingdom influence only?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brunwulf said:

This is the worst fix to prevent pvp abuse.

Whats to stop someone transforming some flat tiles first and then dropping dirt past 25 slope?

Pretty much screwing over whoever wants to fix it without needing a ton of potions now that you increased it on pvp?

Why not make the logical fix and make it kingdom influence only?

I could be very wrong here, but as I understand it a transformed tile has a dirt slope limit?  I'm probably wrong, but it seems to me a tile transformed into a resource would be limited and unable to be raised higher than 25 slope on pvp.  Again, I could be totally wrong on that account.  Also it is supposed to be even easier to revert transformed tiles as well to prevent massive trolling/problems.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

I could be very wrong here, but as I understand it a transformed tile has a dirt slope limit?  I'm probably wrong, but it seems to me a tile transformed into a resource would be limited and unable to be raised higher than 25 slope on pvp.  Again, I could be totally wrong on that account.  Also it is supposed to be even easier to revert transformed tiles as well to prevent massive trolling/problems.

One would hope you're right.

I still wish they just stuck a kingdom influence restriction and a more reasonable slope limit.

It's also funny how they made it easier to revert, but also made it require 50% more on PVP, lol.

Under water fences.......

wait what???

are we going submarines?

next we will be seeing large ships being able to transport livestock....

Worst way to fix the pvp issues, I agree with Brunwulf.

Make it usable only in the influence of the kingdom. It would add a element to tower capping and pvp as a hole.

Don't limit the use but again control where people can do it.

• Like 1

Thank you for WU offline mode. I'm hopping this play option won't break Ago's mod launcher. I simply won't play without mods.

that feel when not reporting Freddies wurm client and then blaming people viruses were spread

• Like 7

someone logs into a JKE priest alt and sac a bunch of trash: tighten up on account sharing and update passwords, move on.

same thing happens to MRC: contact GMs, send Rolf a strongly worded email, post threats on the wurm forums.

• Like 7