Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

n00b here

first of all, I want to introduce myself. i'm ozmods from Australia, and I have to say, i'm loving this game, I've never played anything like this before in my entire life, and being that i'm the wrong side of 40 lol, this is definitely a challenge for me.

I've played city builders and stuff, where you have to make goods and stuff, even farming simulator isn't as good as this,

at first I couldn't get into it, and regrettably asked for a refund on steam. but after receiving said refund I repurchased the game, and I have to tell you i'm totally smitten with it, this game is a game like no other I've ever played before. I love it, i'm early days yet i'm playing the creativity map as there are less nasty's in that server as there is in the adventure map, I had to use "GM5" (i'm playing on a private server, so as to not upset anyone else, or get threatened with death, as happened a few days ago)  so I would stop dying, stupid black wolf kept attacking me, he isn't as much a problem on the activity map, at least not where I am.

I want to send out a shout of thanks to the guy who posted some really sweet coordinates on large open land (I found it through google, amazing app that lol).

so anyway just wanted to say hello, and say a big thanks to the developers of this wonderful game, it's Friday night here in oz and i'm heading off to play wurm lol.

• Like 3

What made you go from asking ( and receiving ) a refund to loving the game? Just curious, sounds peculiar. 

• Like 1

Hey, nice to see another Wurmian was born :)

As you are from Australia, there is great server made especially for your area - KangaWU.

Population is rather low, but all Wurmians I met there are fine and helpfull. GMs are active, experienced and they are organizing interesting public competitions.

I do not want to force you to anything, but you should try this one http://kangawu.com.au/

It is always better to play as hermit on server with some other Wurmians than as single one Wurmian forever on whole huge server.

Edited by Zakerak
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stik said:

What made you go from asking ( and receiving ) a refund to loving the game? Just curious, sounds peculiar. 

Nothing peculiar about it, really, i couldnt get past the server page, i dont usually go in for games like this one, but i did my research on the game, and decided it might be worth another look, and well the rest, is HISTORY lol

An easy way to deal with a wolf or any other animal that tries to attack you if you can't fight back so easily. Drop everything from your inventory to make yourself as light as possible. Get a horse and start riding it, dismount and lead the horse, then aggro the wolf or whatever and lure it some distance away from where it keeps attacking you. To lure, just run a bit and stop until it catches up and run a bit more and stop again, repeat this until it's far enough away to be no more threat. then mount up and ride away so it can't follow you. It will take some time, if ever it does, for it to return on it's natural wandering course. If you can't ride, aggro it and run away, stop and wait for it to catch up then run again and so on but stay within aggro range. When you're far enough away, run and keep running so it loses aggro. You can run backwards to keep aggroing it and running backwards a bit more to get out of attack range again. Turn and run forwards without stopping once you've lured it far enough away, eventually, you'll get far enough away to lose aggro.

For creatures that don't swim going into the water can also be a good way to get it to stop following. Then swim away along shore a bit. I have used this to lure trolls away for example.

Welcome ozmods!  I am approaching 50, so you are in good company here.  I have been playing for 3 years and still not tired of the game.  I switched to WU when it came out and that has been great for me, as now I can explore certain aspects of the game I could not get to in WO due to the slow timers and skill grinds.  Hope you continue to enjoy it as much as I have.  If you get frustrated at times (you will), the community is usually very helpful.  Have fun!!

• Like 1