Sign in to follow this  
polarbear

Going from BL to WL (diety)

I have a general question that hopefully could be answered by one of the ex-ebonaura members that went MR recently. 

Q: When you go from a BL kingdom and you follow libila, do you automatically lose your libila faith once you convert to a WL kingdom, or do you keep libila until you are converted to a different diety? 

The reason I ask is one day I was hoping to join a WL kingdom being an ex-black legion member but would like to know if I kept libila so I can continue to dual faith. (being a nathan priest on freedom, and go to chaos to pvp, and craft as libila)

Edited by polarbear

Like anything in Wurm, the answer is far more complicated and something you'll get the pleasure of discovering.  This is what has happened to me and others.  Everything below is in-game verified and current.

1.  You stay Lib when you convert.  You keep your faith, your favor and your alignment.  This means you still eat from corrupted tiles since this is a lib thing..

2.  You are now WL though, so you no longer get to absorb from those tiles since this is a BL thing.

3.  You get to keep your alignment.  This is so much fun because now you cannot actually convert to a WL god.  Don't bother with CS tickets, you will not be helped.  You cannot listen to sermons to fix it, etc.  You have to bury guard corpses (+1 alignment) or BL toons (alts are good) for +5 every 30 minutes.

4.  No one can convert you to a WL god, you have to travel to the WL to do it.  Have fun with that on Chaos if you are not MR.  Once you do convert to Mag, for example, you will immediately get kicked from said faith as soon as you get an alignment tick.  You will also lose all favor/faith at that time.

5.  To make the game even more interesting, you will also get to take your negative alignment with you to Freedom servers.  In this case, once again, CS tickets will not help you, you have to make forum posts and get a GM to do the right thing.  In this case, it means set your freedom alignment to +50 and give you your freedom god back.  This happened to icbash's toon that is also a freedom priest.  I am still mag on freedom but haven't gotten an alignment tick over there yet but I'm also not a priest.

Since I don't have icbash's energy, I just bury corpses every 30 minutes.  I'm at -70 now.  There are some other options that I've heard but not verified.  1.  Convert to Tosiek and keep your negative alignment.  There are other consequences of that.  2.  Convert to vyn, supposedly she will take you with negative alignment.  I'm not sure since I can't check this for 7 days.

It currently is broken.. The correct checks are not made while converting so it does not happen well.

Many gms and devs are aware of the situation and it is being looked into.. Its broken to the point where you can be a libila priest in a white light kingdom (which will most likely be an unintended feature) but there are many draw backs even if one decided to try and play that way... As a BL priest you cannot cast direct spells on allies with positive alignment and visa versa.