Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Black Desert Online

You can play on both NA/EU with the same account. I'll be playing NA though but I will create a EU character also, if that where everyone goes. If someone wants to create a guild let me know, I'm terrible at coordinating.

On 19/02/2016 at 0:26 PM, MootRed said:

Is it going to be like the average quests "kill 10 of these and return to me so i can give you subpar gear for new players. But, it is blue so you think it is worth keeping for the next 10 levels"?

You can actually transfer even your top tier gear to a new character and have it being OP. Some weapons can be shared between other classes as they have the same weapon.

To comment on your other comment. Yes ESO does kinda have a sandbox feel more so than most. I wouldn't put WOW in a sandbox category at all.

BDO will not be for all the theme park players out there and with Blade and Soul out a lot will go back to that. Just like the beta weekends, you'll find there will be people that wont last long at all and that i'm happy about. BDO will be a side game for me for awhile. I'm excited for now. 

If the game holds up and is worth playing then I'll probably for sure buy it and hop on NA.  If no one has created a Wurm guild on the NA side at the time then I'd be happy to facilitate. :)

Looks like an interesting game, will consider it

Dont let niki in she'll scam you out of your fish

I'm considering pre-ordering this game.  Anyone else going to pre-order or have already pre-ordered?  Any Americans plan on playing this?  If so, and if I do end up pre-ordering, then I'll likely set up a Wurm Online guild on the NA side.  Lemme know!

Edited by Slickshot

I figured what the hell, might as well pre-order it.  I'll be setting up a Wurm Online (give me name suggestions to rep Wurm Online) guild, and I'll be playing on the NA server.  If it's anything like other mmo's I'll need at least a handful of other players to join me in creating the guild.  Who's up for it?

• Like 1

It was pretty good, had to work never got to try the PvP which was most interested in trying since i still need a permanent PvP game

Anyone interested in playing BDO with your fellow Wurmians should consider checking out this thread for details on the upcoming guild.

• Like 1

I've preordered and have an NA character currently, looking forward to giving the game a spin. If it's any good I'll be throwing in the towel with Wurm. 

• Like 1

naios giving me the hookup

emoo we can connect on an emotional level we have never graced before on release

• Like 3

Well you're all welcome to join, Slickshot is making a guild.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Niki said:

Well you're all welcome to join, Slickshot is making a guild.

Yup yup.  Everyone is welcome to join up!

9 hours ago, Ramaj said:

Pre ordered and will be joining the guild

Check out this thread then:

The launch client for Black Desert Online is available for download today.  If you have the CBT2 client you can patch it into the launch client.  For those who pre-ordered, distributing your rewarded guest passes will be available after the official launch on March 3rd.

Interesting game, crafting system I hope is good, not unimportant like most mmo's.

1 hour ago, FranktheTank said:

Interesting game, crafting system I hope is good, not unimportant like most mmo's.

It's good, very very good - you ever play eve? I would say the crafting alone is what I enjoy most, being able to set up trade routes and hire workers is very enjoyable.

Edited by Niki

The FAQ says at 50 it becomes a PVP game. It doesn't really have a lot of detail of what pve/pvp mean.

1 hour ago, Kelody said:

The FAQ says at 50 it becomes a PVP game. It doesn't really have a lot of detail of what pve/pvp mean.

From what I understand, the original title doesn't have much by way of late-game pve (think dungeons, raids, epic quests, etc.).  Interviews with the manager of the Western version; however, show that they are working towards adding in more pve elements such as world bosses and possible dungeons.  Pvp is the largest aspect of this game after you've leveled your character up.  Playing on a pvp server allows you to attack people from other factions throughout the game whenever you encounter them, which of course allows them to attack you as well.  The reason pvp is such a dominating focus at higher levels is because of the lack of pve interactions late game combined with the fluid combat system which apparently makes the pvp outstanding.  To summarize, the pvp in the game is a big deal because it's well designed, mechanically sound, fun, and because it is prioritized over pve elements.  That isn't to say that pve doesn't exist because it most assuredly does.  It just means that this isn't your typical mmorpg where grind-festing through dungeons and raids for the next good piece of gear is common place.  I hope I was able to answer your questions adequately.

• Like 1

I have been looking into this game since I saw this thread about it. Watched some vids, read the forums there and found a few good links explaining the game, such as Black Desert Bible 1.5 which outlines the games functions very well and breaks everything down.

The game is heavily slanted to favor pvp though and after reaching level 45 you can be freely attacked by anyone. The depth of the game really focuses around the crafting and NPC trading elements, so I am not too sure why they have decided to let players freely PK each other at this level when to achieve the full potential of these elements you need to level beyond 45.

The forums there are so full of trash talk and nonsense that it makes everyone here look like saints. So bless you all my fellow Wurmlings, who I might have not appreciated in comparison. Forum Mods do an excellent job here too, providing an element of restraint that is sadly lacking there.

Anyway, I will try the game out on release and it seems it will be enjoyable pre any pvp interruptions or annoyances. At $29.99 not much loss should things turn out badly in the future and a good break from WO/WU for a change of pace at times. Keeping a low profile, so not revealing any specifics to eliminate the anonymity. Might be fun for some here so easy enough to check it out.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 1

One of the big selling points to me is its developed. As its been out for yrs I think. In Korea .   So just having to translate and new voice overs a few tweaks here and there per market.  

It shouldn't fail at launch like so many games do .   We can have many characters to easy to avoid pvp with others playing the lower levels and just grinding craft trade breeding ect . Seems that the game can be casual . 

I love wurm but need breaks. Currently enjoying Everquest again . But this new game might be fun and no subscription. I like that . 

Ill ll have a few keys to give out when they email them out 7 day access I guess to try not bad if u can dedicate a weekend

BDO is coming out tomorrow! Who all is playing?

My guild, PRX ( www.prx-guild.com ) is rolling on Edan. I'm playing a Sorcereress. I'm most excited for the siege and castle PvP. In PRX's last game, ArcheAge, we've held a castle on Kyrios from the time they're available to now (15 months!) and had a lot of fun defending it. 

Edited by Tuco

10 hours ago, validate said:

One of the big selling points to me is its developed. As its been out for yrs I think. In Korea .   So just having to translate and new voice overs a few tweaks here and there per market.  

It shouldn't fail at launch like so many games do .   We can have many characters to easy to avoid pvp with others playing the lower levels and just grinding craft trade breeding ect . Seems that the game can be casual . 

I love wurm but need breaks. Currently enjoying Everquest again . But this new game might be fun and no subscription. I like that . 

Ill ll have a few keys to give out when they email them out 7 day access I guess to try not bad if u can dedicate a weekend

I'm exactly the same, in terms of reasons of why I decided to buy into this game.  I pretty much flat out refuse these days to get on board with all these Alpha and Beta games money grubbing before they actually have anything even close to a real game put together. The fact though that this is a fully developed game that is wonderfully polished, is not subscription based means that even if I don't play it a massive amount I'll atleast be able to get my monies worth with playing with my RL friends who're getting it and afew Wurmians aswell. 

As a couple of other people have mentioned I also have a 7 day pass to try out the game to give away if anyone is interested!

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 1

I will be jumping on the BDO bandwagon as its cheap as anything. should be fun.

Edit:

and like others are saying, its actually developed! and they test things first! :o amazing concept ay.

Edited by Mini

Posted server info in the other thread we'll be playing on Edan also.

• Like 1