Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Black Desert Online

Anyone playing? It's a pretty neat sandbox game. CBT2 Just started and the game launches March 3rd. 

13 minutes ago, MootRed said:

looks like more of other box-like MMORPGs such as WoW and ESO?

Buy to play, no subscription.

30 minutes ago, MootRed said:

looks like more of other box-like MMORPGs such as WoW and ESO?

Its character creator tho is like no other if i remember correctly. 

I hear it's got a Cash Shop already and everything is $30+.

Sounds Buy-to-Win to me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Oreo said:

I hear it's got a Cash Shop already and everything is $30+.

Sounds Buy-to-Win to me.

It's not Buy to Win at all, it's a cosmetic item shop just like gw2 and just the costumes are getting people worked up atm and it's pretty silly. I have a feeling it'll be lowered because of all the bad press its getting 32$ each costume is to much. Despite that cause I really couldn't care about the costumes drama - I'm enjoying the sandbox elements to much - anyways here is my character wearing one, they are pretty detailed, the graphics are amazing so is the gameplay from what I've played so far.

JYwvP5A.jpg

Is it going to be like the average quests "kill 10 of these and return to me so i can give you subpar gear for new players. But, it is blue so you think it is worth keeping for the next 10 levels"?

I also saw a live stream where you can auto-run quests and to quest zones, yeah?

4 hours ago, Propheteer said:

i might play on release

With the name oniichan i think you would fit right in. 

1 hour ago, Samusen said:

With the name oniichan i think you would fit right in. 

lets play babe

also

i still hate that name and i still want my name changed to Farmer or something

Mmm it looks pretty I'll give it that, and sounds like the character customization is just insanely indepth.

This youtuber channel has been fairly informative on the game for me; though, haven't decided yet if I'll test the waters or not.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYdoiAO7ax1p0ZbHovrY4Tg

Edited by Klaa

As far as AAA mmo's go Black Desert is probably the best one for us wurmians to play. You'd be surprised how different it is to the themepark crap that has been coming out for sometime. There is heaps to do.

On 19/02/2016 at 2:27 PM, Oreo said:

I also saw a live stream where you can auto-run quests and to quest zones, yeah?

You can afk fish all day. You can set a path back and forth to carry a pack and skill up str. Lots of great mechanics.

• Like 1

CBT is nearly over here is some picture I took during the event, I really enjoyed the heck out of this - hope everyone gives it a chance.

this game has war elephants

ulKTayI.jpg

calpheon is a nice roman inspired city

S1a5qio.jpg

yeah you can climb buildings and sit on roofs.

OCbeE8V.jpg

night is really really dark, without a lantern your going to suffer

q7hUTKl.jpg

fishing, really good money maker also

ybmrLMe.jpg

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

Definitely going to be worth checking out when it releases, however it'll never keep me away from Wurm. ;)  It could likely replace the other mmo's I play alongside Wurm, however.

I like it so far in beta.  tons to do. i love the afk options to gain money. breeding horses,fishing, trading,.   buying homes and i think crafting shops. warehouse system.

cashshop had some nice things.  not really buy to win. inventory spaces.  you can quest some too . 

i feel this game is a cross of.  Wurm, wow, darkfall, rift maybe, EQ2 for crafting and resources.  i like that i can go afk while fishing and alt tab to other games or watch youtube

Figured wth and did a preorder.

Anyone planning to do a Wurm Online-ish guild?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klaa said:

Figured wth and did a preorder.

Anyone planning to do a Wurm Online-ish guild?

If someone wants to make one, I'd be up for joining and I'll probably be playing on server #1 - balanos channel, two servers currently with channels that you can switch at any time.

10 hours ago, Slickshot said:

Definitely going to be worth checking out when it releases, however it'll never keep me away from Wurm. ;)  It could likely replace the other mmo's I play alongside Wurm, however.

Yeah this would never replace wurm for me either, but I play a lot of other games that it would.

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

If someone wants to make one, I'd be up for joining and I'll probably be playing on server #1 - balanos channel, two servers currently with channels that you can switch at any time.

Yeah this would never replace wurm for me either, but I play a lot of other games that it would.

It definitely looks better than most mmo's in terms of being unique and seemingly balanced.  However, it isn't anywhere close to being what Wurm is, so I'll definitely stick around Wurm for my true sandbox experience, and possibly play Black Desert for my mmo style experiences. :)

Edited by Slickshot

it's a beautiful looking game for sure and some of the features don't look too bad, kinda tempting.  The added screenshots are nice niki

Edited by Bloodscythe

I havent played a Boxgame since GW2 and i was not impressed with that. But, what the heck, ill give this a shot. How can we coordinate a guild together?

I have pre-ordered as well, didnt play the beta, but looks interesting. I will be on the EU server if anything Wurm related is going down.