Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[BETA] Steam authentication fix (Error while authenticating the user with steam)

This is an experimental mod, aimed at fixing an issues with steam authentication that causes users to be stuck with a bogus error "Error while authenticating the user with steam." and not being able to login until the server is restarted.

This is a server side mod, there is nothing you can do on client side to fix this.

This mod:

1. Adds a workaround to one possible cause of this error. See here for more details.
  2. Adds additional logging for errors in the login handler, to help debug other potential errors not covered by 1.
  3. Adds logging of steam authentication status responses (to see if some errors are actually caused by steam, and not by bugs in wurm code)

Download and source code:https://github.com/bdew-wurm/steamfix/releases

Installation

• Install Ago's Server Mod Loader
  • Download zip file
  • Extract zip file to your client folder
  • Like 2

It looks like the bug this was meant to fix is now fixed in 1.0.0.3 official server.

Keeping the mod installed shouldn't cause any issues AFAIK, but it won't be doing anything useful.

No jar file? I get "  Retrying steam authentication"  very often and wonder if this will fix it..

Edited by Elsa

Elsa, please read the forum post you are asking questions about. Bdew clearly states this is no longer useful, two years ago. 

Yes. But i getting annyed by that my server locks out players and i have to restart to fix it..

20 hours ago, Elsa said:

Yes. But i getting annyed by that my server locks out players and i have to restart to fix it..

While this is annoying, it is completely unrelated to anything in this thread.

• Like 1